Forums: Climbing Information: Events & Gatherings:
Sunday 14th - rc.com takes stone mountain by storm!!!!
RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Events & Gatherings

Premier Sponsor:

First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 Next page Last page  View All

currupt4130

Dec 10, 2008, 4:34 PM
Post #76 of 94 (6614 views)
Shortcut

Re: [sungam] Entrance Crack [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

sungam wrote:
currupt4130 wrote:
I was out there Saturday and got snowed on... That shit sucked. Are ya'll doing this for realz?
What group were you? I was the dude with the falling apart shoes covered in tape.

Yeah, we're doing this for real.

It was 4 of us at first, but one girl backed out. We did Great Arch. Three of us, two guys, on girl. I might make it out for this if I can get some studying done. The other guy in our group fell on the route to the right of Block Route... That was memorable. He got a little busted up and took a slight tumble.

(This post was edited by currupt4130 on Dec 10, 2008, 4:42 PM)

sungam

Dec 10, 2008, 5:35 PM
Post #77 of 94 (6595 views)
Shortcut

Re: [currupt4130] Entrance Crack [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

currupt4130 wrote:
sungam wrote:
currupt4130 wrote:
I was out there Saturday and got snowed on... That shit sucked. Are ya'll doing this for realz?
What group were you? I was the dude with the falling apart shoes covered in tape.

Yeah, we're doing this for real.

It was 4 of us at first, but one girl backed out. We did Great Arch. Three of us, two guys, on girl. I might make it out for this if I can get some studying done. The other guy in our group fell on the route to the right of Block Route... That was memorable. He got a little busted up and took a slight tumble.
Heh, yeah, he had a bleeding nose. heheh.
We were the ones waiting behind you on the arch, then we gave up (slowboats!) and bailed.

currupt4130

Dec 10, 2008, 5:37 PM
Post #78 of 94 (6594 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Did I ask to play with your Mastercams? Yea we were being slow, We were trying to figure out why ya'll didn't start coming up when we got to the second belay. Guess we were that slow... Sorry about that.

sungam

Dec 10, 2008, 6:08 PM
Post #79 of 94 (6585 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

currupt4130 wrote:
Did I ask to play with your Mastercams? Yea we were being slow, We were trying to figure out why ya'll didn't start coming up when we got to the second belay. Guess we were that slow... Sorry about that.
No problem. One of our guys wasn't going to go up, so we were gunna go as a 2, so wanted to leave plenty of space between the groups (why sit in a harness when you can sit on the treeledge?) then it started snowing, and we cooled off and got lazy.

saxfiend

Dec 10, 2008, 6:17 PM
Post #80 of 94 (6583 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

currupt4130 wrote:
Did I ask to play with your Mastercams? Yea we were being slow
There's your problem -- using pro on the Great Arch? Just sling the trees, you'll go a lot faster!

JL

saxfiend

Dec 10, 2008, 6:20 PM
Post #81 of 94 (6580 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

currupt4130 wrote:
The other guy in our group fell on the route to the right of Block Route... That was memorable. He got a little busted up and took a slight tumble.
That would have been U-Slot. First thing I ever led at Stone Mountain, the runout above the flake is pretty hairy. Hope your friend wasn't hurt too bad.

JL

sungam

Dec 10, 2008, 6:21 PM
Post #82 of 94 (6577 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

p.s. yeah, the mastercams were mine.

currupt4130

Dec 10, 2008, 6:46 PM
Post #83 of 94 (6571 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

sungam wrote:
p.s. yeah, the mastercams were mine.

That's some funny shit...Cool

sungam

Dec 12, 2008, 6:33 PM
Post #84 of 94 (6531 views)
Shortcut

Re: [sungam] rc.com takes stone mountain by storm!!!! (Anyone interested?) [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

yes Yes YES!
This sunday! The trial run/real thing!
Stone mountain get's haggizinized!
Haggiz (the person and the food) will be present!
It's actually fake haggis, it duzn't have any organs or anyhting in it, just meat and oats. Still tasty, though!

Stone mountain, sunday the 14th of december, 2008!
Be there or be t3h lamez!

justroberto

Dec 16, 2008, 1:28 AM
Post #85 of 94 (6492 views)
Shortcut

Re: [sungam] rc.com takes stone mountain by storm!!!! (Anyone interested?) [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

So, uh, how'd it go? Did you send the Great White Way?

saxfiend

Dec 16, 2008, 1:44 AM
Post #86 of 94 (6488 views)
Shortcut

Re: [justroberto] rc.com takes stone mountain by storm!!!! (Anyone interested?) [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

justroberto wrote:
Or, failing that, did you leave a Great Brown Stain? Heh!

JL

sungam

Dec 16, 2008, 4:24 AM
Post #87 of 94 (6466 views)
Shortcut

Re: [justroberto] rc.com takes stone mountain by storm!!!! (Anyone interested?) [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

justroberto wrote:
Nope Unsure
After a late start, and a wrong turn while getting back on the highway after filling up on gas (!!) we got there at 1:30. Much clusterfucking ensued and we climbed the first pitch of no alternitive after I jugged a line to get to the tree ledge (wanting to run up the great arch - if I'm going to do only one route, I wanted it to be that one) but it was packed, so we hit NA. fuck knows where the time went, but to summerize the day I jugged a line to the tree ledge, TR'd my buddy up u-slot, climbed P1 of no alternitive, and abbed off in the dark. Seriously, where'd the time go? I climbed the pitch pretty fast...

justroberto

Dec 16, 2008, 5:51 AM
Post #88 of 94 (6456 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

It's all good - you didn't really miss out on Great Arch. It is all scenographic and shit, but as a whole I liked No Alternative better anyways. The unfortunate part is that you didn't get to lead any of the silly stuff...

sungam

Dec 16, 2008, 4:34 PM
Post #89 of 94 (6443 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

justroberto wrote:
It's all good - you didn't really miss out on Great Arch. It is all scenographic and shit, but as a whole I liked No Alternative better anyways. The unfortunate part is that you didn't get to lead any of the silly stuff...
NA would have been 5 star instead of 4 if that damn rotten tree wasn't there.
Yeah, I wanted to lead some cray slab, but I wanted to practice first. The plan was to do the pulpit (well protected I hear) then try one of the other, more intense, routes. The pulpit was wet.

ja1484

Dec 16, 2008, 4:41 PM
Post #90 of 94 (6439 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Any idea on your next trip? I could probably meet up out there, and have route recommendations coming out the wazoo.

Edit: As of 1200 EST, Stone is supposed to be NIIIIICE on the 18th (mid 60s, partly cloudy). Could change though.

(This post was edited by ja1484 on Dec 16, 2008, 4:42 PM)

sungam

Dec 16, 2008, 4:49 PM
Post #91 of 94 (6433 views)
Shortcut

Re: [ja1484] rc.com takes stone mountain by storm!!!! (Anyone interested?) [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

I dunno if/when I'll make it to stone again before next spring. I sure hope I do.

Mhleitch

Dec 2, 2013, 5:12 PM
Post #92 of 94 (5848 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

THREAD RESURRECTION!

There is a very minimal campground outside the back entrance to the park. The campground is on Longbottom rd, (there's also another campground further down with gravel sites and bath houses, that's too classy for climbers).

The minimal campsite is just off to the left after turning onto Longbottom rd. The man across the street will come by to collect $5 I think? He may not even come by to collect if it's cold. He's known for driving his riding lawn mower over to the campsite and may or may not be towing a grill behind said mower.

If this event is ever to happen, this would be the place to do it.

sungam

Dec 4, 2013, 3:58 PM
Post #93 of 94 (5767 views)
Shortcut

Re: [Mhleitch] rc.com takes stone mountain by storm!!!! (Anyone interested?) [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Mhleitch wrote:
THREAD RESURRECTION!

There is a very minimal campground outside the back entrance to the park. The campground is on Longbottom rd, (there's also another campground further down with gravel sites and bath houses, that's too classy for climbers).

The minimal campsite is just off to the left after turning onto Longbottom rd. The man across the street will come by to collect $5 I think? He may not even come by to collect if it's cold. He's known for driving his riding lawn mower over to the campsite and may or may not be towing a grill behind said mower.

If this event is ever to happen, this would be the place to do it.
Jesus f***ing s*** son I just got mad flashbacks of that day driving down there with RSMillburn.

We drove for like an hour in the wrong damn direction after getting some snacks and getting on the highway going the wrong way, then we almost crashed a couple times because I was no.1 most irresponsible car passenger ever, then we got ropes stuck, got scared, got stuck, got more scared, bailed, more ropes stuck, all while being followed around by the drama llama in a big way.

Still an awesome day, though. Always fun climbing with cool people (despite the tiny amount of climbing we actually did).

rocknice2

Dec 4, 2013, 6:57 PM
Post #94 of 94 (5752 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

sungam wrote:
We drove for like an hour in the wrong damn direction after getting some snacks and getting on the highway going the wrong way, then we almost crashed a couple times ...........

This sounds like a movie I saw a while back.

What was the name.....? Wink;-)[/;)]

First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 Next page Last page  View All

Forums : Climbing Information : Events & Gatherings

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook