Forums: Climbing Information: Regional Discussions:
Anchors for TR on Black Crack
RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Regional Discussions

Premier Sponsor:

williams122

Jan 16, 2014, 12:45 PM
Post #1 of 5 (2474 views)
Shortcut

Anchors for TR on Black Crack  (North_America: United_States: Maryland: Western_Md_: Annapolis_Rock)
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

Hey y'all - planning on coming to Annapolis Rocks for the first time this Spring - don't have the climbing guide yet but from what I gather from various pictures there's plenty of good trees to use for TR anchors - Specifically wanting to climb Black Crack. Can a knowledgeable local tell me about how far back the trees are from the edge of the climb in general? Are there many good boulders on top to sling or pinches to use? I usually get by in PA making my anchor out of 100 feet of static line - course it's got two legs so usually trees farther than 40 feet or so back can be a problem, but I rarely encounter that. Trying not to buy more static line. I can always extend it with webbing I guess but want to have some idea going in what I'm dealing with since I've never been out there before - thanks.

lofstromc

Jan 16, 2014, 6:35 PM
Post #2 of 5 (2407 views)
Shortcut

Re: [williams122] Anchors for TR on Black Crack [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

I've set up on Black Crack and have less static line than you. I may have placed some gear though. Do you have any gear to place or are you just relying on trees? I can't recall how far the trees where or if there were big boulders nearby.

williams122

Jan 16, 2014, 6:56 PM
Post #3 of 5 (2397 views)
Shortcut

Re: [lofstromc] Anchors for TR on Black Crack [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Thanks for getting back to me - no I don't have any gear so I rely on trees, and boulders if no bolts. I am assuming there are no bolts, so I guess I'm just looking at a couple long legs back to the trees probably - just hoping to not come up short - I have a ton of beta on the area, routes etc, but no pictures of the top area above the climb. That's okay - I'll adapt when I get there - I appreciate the input.

cwo2

Jan 17, 2014, 1:40 AM
Post #4 of 5 (2351 views)
Shortcut

Re: [williams122] Anchors for TR on Black Crack [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

No bolts, but 100' is plenty to wrap boulders and/ or use the trees at hand. It's a great route- enjoy!

-Carl

williams122

Jan 17, 2014, 3:41 PM
Post #5 of 5 (2305 views)
Shortcut

Re: [cwo2] Anchors for TR on Black Crack [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Awesome Carl - thanks. Really looking forward to climbing some new rock!

Forums : Climbing Information : Regional Discussions

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook