Forums: Community: Campground:
You are not wanted here.
RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Campground

Premier Sponsor:

First page Previous page 1 ... 4080 4081 4082 4083 4084 4085 4086 4087 4088 ... 4213 Next page Last page  View All

climbingtrash

Feb 13, 2014, 3:04 AM
Post #102076 of 105309 (5027 views)
Shortcut

Re: [granite_grrl] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

PTFTW?!?

climbingtrash

Post #102077 of 105309 (5027 views)
Shortcut

Re: [snoopy138] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

wo0?!?

climbingtrash

Post #102078 of 105309 (5027 views)
Shortcut

Re: [caughtinside] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

caughtinside wrote:
snoopy138 wrote:
granite_grrl wrote:
That being said, I think I have turned into a polar bear. I spent two good days this past weekend with highs around 10F wearing nothing but liner gloves (with holes in them) the entire time.

I have never had a winter where I've been this acclimatized to the cold (thank you Montanan for the early start). The new jacket also helps.

I have been going the opposite direction, living hear in socak. I wear a jacket when it's in the high 50s. It's sad. Though not as bad as most of teh socakians.

Those are mega big puffy jacket conditions.

I got a gnew Mountain Hardware Mega puffy for just such conditions.Angelic

climbingtrash

Feb 13, 2014, 3:07 AM
Post #102079 of 105309 (5025 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

suk it sn00b

lena_chita

Feb 13, 2014, 4:23 PM
Post #102080 of 105309 (4996 views)
Shortcut

Re: [climbingtrash] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

climbingtrash wrote:
caughtinside wrote:
snoopy138 wrote:
granite_grrl wrote:
That being said, I think I have turned into a polar bear. I spent two good days this past weekend with highs around 10F wearing nothing but liner gloves (with holes in them) the entire time.

I have never had a winter where I've been this acclimatized to the cold (thank you Montanan for the early start). The new jacket also helps.

I have been going the opposite direction, living hear in socak. I wear a jacket when it's in the high 50s. It's sad. Though not as bad as most of teh socakians.

What conditions? You bail at much higher temps.

lena_chita

Feb 13, 2014, 9:26 PM
Post #102081 of 105309 (4986 views)
Shortcut

Re: [lena_chita] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

And I wanted to add, one thing I hate about this sidewalk-as-snow-tunnel business we currently have going on is that you can never freaking pass anyone!

I found myself humming Odub's "Pick up your knees and feet, move something!" under my breath as I was stuck behind someone (by all appearances a healthy 20-something!) going 1 mile/hour speed. Ugh.

Partner camhead

Feb 13, 2014, 10:09 PM
Post #102082 of 105309 (4981 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

lena_chita wrote:
climbingtrash wrote:
caughtinside wrote:
snoopy138 wrote:
granite_grrl wrote:

Mark it a zing.

More weather tawk. As facespace made clear today, it was snowmagedonpocalypse in the East today. Was pretty substantial snowfall actually, total of at least 16" in Fayettenam. Roads were completely undriveable without 4x4, so I've been walking and skiing around a bit. Done with winter, though.

snoopy138

Feb 13, 2014, 11:41 PM
Post #102083 of 105309 (4974 views)
Shortcut

Re: [camhead] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

camhead wrote:
lena_chita wrote:
climbingtrash wrote:
caughtinside wrote:
snoopy138 wrote:
granite_grrl wrote:

Mark it a zing.

More weather tawk. As facespace made clear today, it was snowmagedonpocalypse in the East today. Was pretty substantial snowfall actually, total of at least 16" in Fayettenam. Roads were completely undriveable without 4x4, so I've been walking and skiing around a bit. Done with winter, though.

this is like the 5th time you guys have claimed teh whirled was ending this winter.

carabiner96

Feb 14, 2014, 2:22 AM
Post #102084 of 105309 (4961 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

snoopy138 wrote:
camhead wrote:
lena_chita wrote:
climbingtrash wrote:
caughtinside wrote:
snoopy138 wrote:
granite_grrl wrote:

Mark it a zing.

this is like the 5th time you guys have claimed teh whirled was ending this winter.

I don't know what the problem is, it was 60* and sunny here today.

climbingtrash

Feb 14, 2014, 4:38 AM
Post #102085 of 105309 (4954 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

lena_chita wrote:
climbingtrash wrote:
caughtinside wrote:
snoopy138 wrote:
granite_grrl wrote:

It iz sad but troo.

climbingtrash

Feb 14, 2014, 4:42 AM
Post #102086 of 105309 (4952 views)
Shortcut

Re: [camhead] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

camhead wrote:
lena_chita wrote:
climbingtrash wrote:
caughtinside wrote:
snoopy138 wrote:
granite_grrl wrote:

Mark it a zing.

First werld problems. Teh poor Russians had to MAKE snow for teh Olymipks ewe know.

climbingtrash

Feb 14, 2014, 4:44 AM
Post #102087 of 105309 (4952 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

snoopy138 wrote:
camhead wrote:
lena_chita wrote:
climbingtrash wrote:
caughtinside wrote:
snoopy138 wrote:
granite_grrl wrote:

Mark it a zing.

With awl teh C02 they spray into teh atmosphere ewe think it would have teh opposite affect.

climbingtrash

Feb 14, 2014, 4:47 AM
Post #102088 of 105309 (4952 views)
Shortcut

Re: [carabiner96] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

carabiner96 wrote:
snoopy138 wrote:
camhead wrote:
lena_chita wrote:
climbingtrash wrote:
caughtinside wrote:
snoopy138 wrote:
granite_grrl wrote:

Mark it a zing.

I don't know what the problem is, it was 60* and sunny here today.

70 and sunny here today which wasn't a problem.

tripperjm

Feb 15, 2014, 12:03 AM
Post #102089 of 105309 (4923 views)
Shortcut

Re: still lost. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

rubs i with my middle finger heh.... fuking lurkers!!!1

Still lost and and hiding...

but finally, got won. C-ya's still werking.... ixnays in and it's swinging. still a see ov debris awl around.

Scofflaw

mixing up teh drop in, a little longer though

looks at bare rist....

lena_chita

Feb 17, 2014, 1:39 PM
Post #102090 of 105309 (4879 views)
Shortcut

Re: [tripperjm] still lost. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Looking around empty room...

It's been an eventful and not entirely pleasant weekend. Ed landed badly during a bouldering comp, and sprained his ankle. Not the usual sideways rolled foot, his toe caught on something and he hyper-extended the front/side of the foot. Felt some pops in the ankle going upwards up the shin. Not good.

Since it was during a comp at a University, he got taken to ER by an ambulance. In retrospect, bad choice! It would have been better to get him in the car and drive to an urgent care clinic in Cle. But he was in serious pain, shaking like mad, so we thought he might get pain meds sooner if he goes along with the ambulance ride plan.

Nope. Count me completely unimpressed. The Youngstown ER was horrible. He got X-rays, nothing was dislocated or broken, so they sent him home with an aircast, crutches and ibuprophen. At NO POINT did the doctor even walk in to talk to him and ask where things were hurting, and we were there for over 4 hours. The nurse putting an aircast on him chattered brightly along he lines of "oh, I roll my ankle all the time, it is pretty painful". Not like that, you don't, lady!

Right foot-- so he can't drive. His left knee (as well as his right knee) are not quite 100% bc of previous surgery stuff. So he can barely hop on the left foot, even with crutches. Not fun. Hopefully he will get better answers from an ortho here, at least some diagnosis on what he tore, and what happens next.

But he had tickets to go climbing with his buddy in Red Rocks in tow weeks. Real bummer!

carabiner96

Feb 18, 2014, 2:23 AM
Post #102091 of 105309 (4857 views)
Shortcut

Re: [lena_chita] still lost. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Drive by! ABS nationals are Saturday. I'm not feeling super strong when it comes to bouldering but I'm feeling pretty confident on coming home with some hardware.

tripperjm

Feb 18, 2014, 1:35 PM
Post #102092 of 105309 (4841 views)
Shortcut

Re: [tripperjm] still lost. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

found a love letter on my windshield sun...

Why???

Why does teh man has to sweat my balls?

lena_chita

Feb 18, 2014, 2:05 PM
Post #102093 of 105309 (4835 views)
Shortcut

Re: [carabiner96] still lost. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

carabiner96 wrote:
Drive by! ABS nationals are Saturday. I'm not feeling super strong when it comes to bouldering but I'm feeling pretty confident on coming home with some hardware.

Nice!

I've been climbing fairly well in the comps these past few weeks. But I tweaked my finger a couple of weeks ago. And I think it needs resting. Bummer!

LOL, on Saturday, I turned my scorecard in early b/c I was going to go to the ER with Ed, and as I am leaving the comp, the guys organizing it were like, hey, wait, we are going to write you your certificate!

I was confused, and they go, your winning certificate, you won! And I was like, how do you know, the score cards are not all in yet? So they told me, yeah, you are more than 600 points ahead of the winner of the first flight, we are pretty sure you won. And filled out "the certificate". OMG, these college rec centers can be so funny sometimes.

granite_grrl

Feb 18, 2014, 2:13 PM
Post #102094 of 105309 (4832 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

snoopy138 wrote:
camhead wrote:
lena_chita wrote:
climbingtrash wrote:
caughtinside wrote:
snoopy138 wrote:
granite_grrl wrote:

Mark it a zing.

I for one, think it's awesome. Except for the driving part, not a big fan of the closed roads and such.

But I figure if it's going to be winter it should be full on winter. None of this messy snowing, then melting, then snowing, then melting shit.

granite_grrl

Feb 18, 2014, 2:16 PM
Post #102095 of 105309 (4830 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

lena_chita wrote:

It's been an eventful and not entirely pleasant weekend. Ed landed badly during a bouldering comp, and sprained his ankle. Not the usual sideways rolled foot, his toe caught on something and he hyper-extended the front/side of the foot. Felt some pops in the ankle going upwards up the shin. Not good.

Since it was during a comp at a University, he got taken to ER by an ambulance. In retrospect, bad choice! It would have been better to get him in the car and drive to an urgent care clinic in Cle. But he was in serious pain, shaking like mad, so we thought he might get pain meds sooner if he goes along with the ambulance ride plan.

Nope. Count me completely unimpressed. The Youngstown ER was horrible. He got X-rays, nothing was dislocated or broken, so they sent him home with an aircast, crutches and ibuprophen. At NO POINT did the doctor even walk in to talk to him and ask where things were hurting, and we were there for over 4 hours. The nurse putting an aircast on him chattered brightly along he lines of "oh, I roll my ankle all the time, it is pretty painful". Not like that, you don't, lady!

Right foot-- so he can't drive. His left knee (as well as his right knee) are not quite 100% bc of previous surgery stuff. So he can barely hop on the left foot, even with crutches. Not fun. Hopefully he will get better answers from an ortho here, at least some diagnosis on what he tore, and what happens next.

But he had tickets to go climbing with his buddy in Red Rocks in tow weeks. Real bummer!

Sounds like it could be fairly serious. Ankles are not super forgiving when you twist them in the wrong way. I hope he recovers well.

granite_grrl

Feb 18, 2014, 2:29 PM
Post #102096 of 105309 (4822 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

4 day weekend in Quebec.

Met people in Toronto on Thursday and drove to Montreal that night. Stayed over night, then drove to St. Alban the next morning in some nasty weather. Had someone spin out right in front of us, super lucky they didn't hit us.

Day one we did drytooling and I got on a really hard route for me. There were a couple of moves I couldn't quite figure out, but it gives me something to practice.

Day two we did some multipitch slog. We hike up to the base one, was told be the french fucks we were at the wrong flow. Went back doen and found out we were at the correct flow and did the half hour hike back up the hillside again. The whole thing was prety low angle with a lot of snow slope action. Made my legs hurt. Not my cup of tea but the view at the top was nice.

Day three we went to Pont Rouge. We got to the base of the flows we wanted to climb and some people from Quebec city were stringing up TRs on them. We strung up out own TRs because leading them at this point would be hard, swapped ropes, got a lot of laps in. Set up a TR on this mixed line. Only three of us got on it. It wasn't really frozen together so it was messy buisness (ie - pulling off piles of shale onto our chests). It was good to get back on that stuff and see how I've improved though.

Day four was a quick morning back at St. Alban before driving home. I was super tired and failed on my redpoint of a route that shouldn't be too hard for me. I also dropped my tool on my belayer. I felt bad, but shit happens I guess. He was fine, we wear helmets for a reason.

In between all this we stayed at a pretty kick ass cottage and drank a shit ton of Quebec beer. Good times.

Partner camhead

Feb 18, 2014, 2:58 PM
Post #102097 of 105309 (4815 views)
Shortcut

Re: [granite_grrl] still lost. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Sooo, it happened Finally went ice climbing. Was pretty fun, we went to some toprope area in the Catskills. I got the swingity swing and foot placement down pretty quickly; it was fun, like 5.9 handcarck fun. Didn't even really get the screaming barfies that bad. The only drawback was that my boots were a tiny bit small, and I had not clipped my toenails for a while. I guess that the constant kicking like shoved my toenails back into my toes. When my feet finally thawed out on the drive back, it was pretty excuciating pain.

Still, gud thymes. If I wind up in a winter area, or even at the NRG again next year, I'l prolly buy some gearz.

Oh, and the most awesome warm drink for winter climbing I found it chicken broth with cayenne pepper in it chased by bourbon.

snoopy138

Feb 18, 2014, 4:56 PM
Post #102098 of 105309 (4800 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

lena_chita wrote:

hmm ... take his ticket?

lena_chita

Feb 18, 2014, 5:42 PM
Post #102099 of 105309 (4788 views)
Shortcut

Re: [snoopy138] still lost. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

snoopy138 wrote:
lena_chita wrote:

hmm ... take his ticket?

I would, if I had the flexibility to do so. BUT OTOH, I think he can work from home, so he can do it from Vegas...

dr_feelgood

Feb 18, 2014, 6:08 PM
Post #102100 of 105309 (4764 views)
Shortcut

Re: [camhead] still lost. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

camhead wrote:
Sooo, it happened Finally went ice climbing. Was pretty fun, we went to some toprope area in the Catskills. I got the swingity swing and foot placement down pretty quickly; it was fun, like 5.9 handcarck fun. Didn't even really get the screaming barfies that bad. The only drawback was that my boots were a tiny bit small, and I had not clipped my toenails for a while. I guess that the constant kicking like shoved my toenails back into my toes. When my feet finally thawed out on the drive back, it was pretty excuciating pain.

Still, gud thymes. If I wind up in a winter area, or even at the NRG again next year, I'l prolly buy some gearz.

Oh, and the most awesome warm drink for winter climbing I found it chicken broth with cayenne pepper in it chased by bourbon.
Ewe drove from West Virginny to the Catskills to toprope?

And 1/2 brandy mixed with 1/2 kahlua= heating oil #9.

First page Previous page 1 ... 4080 4081 4082 4083 4084 4085 4086 4087 4088 ... 4213 Next page Last page  View All

Forums : Community : Campground

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook