RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Injury Treatment and Prevention

Premier Sponsor:

nikhylo

Feb 16, 2014, 7:27 PM
Post #1 of 4 (789 views)
Shortcut

tendonitis long term pain after 6months off
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

I know there is a lot of posts about tendonitis but I still seem to be at a bit of a loss for where to go from here. I started climbing a year ago and was climbing a lot indoor and out. After about 3 months I started to have some problems in my right arm with what was diagnosed by a very reputable sports therapist as tendonitis so I underwent lots of treatment with him and at home including cold massage and lots of time with tens machines, I continued climbing whilst still in pain but continued treatment for another 3-4 months until the end of the summer and decided to take a break through the winter as it seemed to be getting worse. I continued treatment during the winter and the last few months havent had any pain so I decided to start back at the indoor gym a few weeks back. Did 2 days climbing low grade routs without an issue, went back today and to do the same and started to experience quite a large amount of pain after my 2nd climb to the point that I couldn't climb again. I would have thought that 6 months and continuing treatment would have done the trick. Anyone have any tips or suggestions on what could be done from here. I cant do another summer with the same pain. Thanks!

onceahardman

Feb 17, 2014, 4:06 AM
Post #2 of 4 (665 views)
Shortcut

Re: [nikhylo] tendonitis long term pain after 6months off [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

The e-stim is not likely to be effective.

Ice massage can help you to be more comfortable at rest, but will not really cure anything either. The problem is not that your elbow is too hot.

Where, as exactly as possible, do you feel the pain? And what motions/exercises, specifically cause you the most pain?

marc801

Feb 17, 2014, 7:36 AM
Post #3 of 4 (614 views)
Shortcut

Re: [onceahardman] tendonitis long term pain after 6months off [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

onceahardman wrote:
Where, as exactly as possible, do you feel the pain?
Maybe take a photo then use a paint program to circle the pain location - this can be a lot more effective than trying to describe the location.

nikhylo

Feb 17, 2014, 9:39 AM
Post #4 of 4 (593 views)
Shortcut

Re: [marc801] tendonitis long term pain after 6months off [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Thanks for the reply. As the image shows, the area circled is where most of the pain is concentrated leading to the upper side of the elbow and the line down the forearm shows where the pain runs when climbing. I was woken up numerous times last night while lying on my right side (the effected) because I couldn't find a position to lay in that wouldn't hurt
Attachments: Photo on 2-17-2014 at 10.31 AM.jpg (116 KB)

Forums : Climbing Information : Injury Treatment and Prevention

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?
$15.52 (10% off)
$8.96 (10% off)

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook