RSS FeedRSS Feeds for General

Premier Sponsor:

mrmuenster

Apr 16, 2014, 9:52 PM
Post #1 of 1 (1717 views)
Shortcut

A video for the people - I need you!
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

Hi there --

I've had an idea that I am finally deciding to pull the trigger on. I'd like to crowd source climbing videos from across the country (or world?) and compile them into a climbing video for the people. We all have our pro heroes, and they make great videos with sponsors, but there's an underground mass of us that really make this sport what it is.

I'm not going to make any money on this or anything like that. I just think it would be an incredible project to organize, and something we can all celebrate. I'm big on giving back to communities I'm apart of, and this will lend itself well to my talents.

If you want in, here's what I'm looking for: any non-pro climbing footage that looks amazing. It could be anything from a 5.8 in a gorgeous setting to a sick hang on a 5.12; maybe you're hanging on gear 7 pitches up and waving or drilling a bolt for a new route or beasting over the crux on a bouldering route. The point is this: I want to capture the feel and pulse of what it is we do. I want that 1980s SoCal underground skateboarding video feel, where we celebrate all of us nobodies doing amazing things just because we can. If you know that dude or lady who's always lugging a camera around, please forward this message to them. Everyone who ends up int he video will be credited, including the camera-person if they would like. I hope to get hundreds of submissions.

Any videos will need to be shot in HD. I will set up a dropbox for videos, but email me first with 'climbing video' in the subject. Again, I am not a pro or speaking on behalf of any publication (but that's sort of the point!). My email is daniel.baldor@gmail.com

Hope to hear from you!

Forums : Climbing Information : General

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook