RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Beginners

Premier Sponsor:

derswahl

May 20, 2014, 11:29 PM
Post #1 of 3 (2654 views)
Shortcut

New to Las Vegas - Looking for partner
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

Hi all,

My name is Anders - I am fairly new to the Las Vegas area and also to climbing. My work keeps me very active with safe rigging practices and climbing techniques (day rigger for a show on the strip) and I am also fairly familiar with canyoneering and other rappelling/recreational rigging practices. I have been climbing a bit at Red Rock Indoor rock gym but I would really love to get out doors and start climbing real rock.

I have never climbed out doors before, nor have I tried lead climbing in the gym. I usually climb at a 5.7-5.8 (according to the indoor gym). I am a quick learner and I would really appreciate finding a group of folks, or just one or two people to go climbing with and learn as much as I can from them.

I am happy to supply beer, rides to red rock/Mt. Charleston, food, and what ever else may be required for some knowledge! Also happy to coil ropes and haul gear if need be haha.

I do have my own harness, ATC, climbing shoes, webbing, slings, beiners and other stuff, so really I should be pretty much ready to rock if you don't mind supplying trad/sport gear and rope?

I do have 200' of static rope if anyone ever wants to go canyoneering in Zion though? Could be a good time!?

As I said, I am new to Las Vegas, and looking for friends, climbing partners, and to get active in the climbing community, so - If you can help me out in any of those three ways, I would be very grateful!

Thanks again!

AW

Partner Jeff
Owner

Jun 10, 2014, 7:57 PM
Post #2 of 3 (2516 views)
Shortcut

Re: [derswahl] New to Las Vegas - Looking for partner [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Hey AW,
Welcome to RC.

I don't know anyone who climbs in Vegas, but Google Analytics tells me we had 212 visitors from the Vegas area last month, so hopefully some of them will come out of the woodwork.

There's also the partner finder here: http://www.rockclimbing.com/partners/

I personally haven't tried it, but if you do, feel free to PM me how you think it can be improved... I know it's got a long ways to go (although won't be touched until I get the forum software redone)

sungam

Jun 10, 2014, 10:40 PM
Post #3 of 3 (2498 views)
Shortcut

Re: [derswahl] New to Las Vegas - Looking for partner [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

I spent a week or so in Vegas a while back and even though we only went climbing a couple of days (don't judge, it was my first time to Vegas) I met a bunch of rad people just bouldering in red rock.

I'm not familliar with the area (it was like 5 or 6 years ago) but this seems like a reasonable overview http://www.rockclimbing.com/...Bouldering_Overview/

Forums : Climbing Information : Beginners

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook