RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Bouldering

Premier Sponsor:

Slothien

Jun 11, 2014, 8:35 AM
Post #1 of 5 (1038 views)
Shortcut

Recommendation on Bouldering spots over first weekend of July
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

Hello

I am from Toronto and I am looking for a good bouldering spot to goto over the first weekend of July during Canada Day weekend.

We are looking for a spot that's not too far a drive (<9 hrs) and not too hot/buggy during that time.

We were thinking somewhere in new England could be a good bet, but I don't know any areas. I've thought of McKenzie pond, but it seems like it will be buggy around that time.

Anyone have recommendations?

EDIT: we are looking beyond Ontario as we have been to most places around here

(This post was edited by Slothien on Jun 11, 2014, 8:40 AM)

monkeyssister

Jun 11, 2014, 8:38 AM
Post #2 of 5 (1030 views)
Shortcut

Re: [Slothien] Recommendation on Bouldering spots over first weekend of July [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Halfway Log Dump
http://topout.org/guide/HalfwayLogDump

Slothien

Jun 11, 2014, 8:40 AM
Post #3 of 5 (1025 views)
Shortcut

Re: [monkeyssister] Recommendation on Bouldering spots over first weekend of July [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

monkeyssister wrote:
Halfway Log Dump
http://topout.org/guide/HalfwayLogDump
Should've made it clear, we are looking for places beyond Ontario, we've been to most places around here (including Halfway log dump)

monkeyssister

Jun 11, 2014, 8:52 AM
Post #4 of 5 (1017 views)
Shortcut

Re: [Slothien] Recommendation on Bouldering spots over first weekend of July [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (2 ratings)  
Can't Post

Smuggler's Notch, Vermont might not be to bad for bugs and heat. Val David would also be okay, though possibly not worth your drive.

Mac Pond will likely still have quite a few mosquitos (though the majority of the black flies are done). Snowy Mountain and Nine Corner Lake are also cool spots in the Adirondacks, but bugs might be annoying at both.

Pawtuckaway is a bit far and will probably still be buggy. The Gunks will be super busy and possibly too hot. Conditions will also likely be poor for anything in PA.

Slothien

Jun 11, 2014, 10:35 AM
Post #5 of 5 (995 views)
Shortcut

Re: [monkeyssister] Recommendation on Bouldering spots over first weekend of July [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

monkeyssister wrote:
Smuggler's Notch, Vermont might not be to bad for bugs and heat. Val David would also be okay, though possibly not worth your drive.

Mac Pond will likely still have quite a few mosquitos (though the majority of the black flies are done). Snowy Mountain and Nine Corner Lake are also cool spots in the Adirondacks, but bugs might be annoying at both.

Pawtuckaway is a bit far and will probably still be buggy. The Gunks will be super busy and possibly too hot. Conditions will also likely be poor for anything in PA.
Thanks for all that info and beta! Very helpful!

Forums : Climbing Disciplines : Bouldering

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook