Forums: Community: Campground:
You are not wanted here.
RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Campground

Premier Sponsor:

First page Previous page 1 ... 4102 4103 4104 4105 4106 4107 4108 4109 4110 ... 4213 Next page Last page  View All

dr_feelgood

Jun 11, 2014, 10:27 PM
Post #102626 of 105309 (4181 views)
Shortcut

Re: [granite_grrl] she's your fucking friend, you tell her she needs to learn to ride [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

granite_grrl wrote:
lena_chita wrote:
granite_grrl wrote:
So I was out on the ladies road ride last night. Good group, we kept an average pace of 27.5km/hr (about 17miles/hr) which include a number of stops and a couple of big hills, both which tend to slow the group down. Most of the time we were keeping it above 30km/hr (~18.5 miles/hr).

But there was one lady there who was fairly new to riding. Super strong and able to keep up without much problems, but kept doing things like leaving the pace line to ride beside her friend. Not a huge deal, but kinda broke the flow of the pace line.

So we get to the last big hill, and I'm ready to bomb down as fast as I can. Me and another experienced rider go to pass her, and I yell "on your left" as a warning. Well, she holds her position in the middle of the road. I yell it again, and she starts to creep left. We're eventually forced into the oncoming lane to pass her, but I also lost the best chance to pick up speed down the hill.

The whole thing wasn't a big deal, she's new and has to learn to ride with a group....but she takes offence if people tell her she was doing it wrong. She peeled off early so I didn't get to talk with her, but hopefully her friend on the ride mentions this to her and she actually listens.

Biking dramas!!! Are also not on BET-approved list?

Not really dramas, just venting.

And I think you will find that bike tawk has a long history in the BET, from CI's knee, to Mo's handle bar hand.

Lest we forget dribble's broken front fork. Or jake's perpetual obsession. Or stories of bonking.

way above breadtawk

dr_feelgood

Jun 11, 2014, 10:29 PM
Post #102627 of 105309 (4176 views)
Shortcut

Re: [lena_chita] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

PTFTW talk has a long history

dr_feelgood

Jun 11, 2014, 10:31 PM
Post #102628 of 105309 (4175 views)
Shortcut

Re: [lena_chita] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

yup

lena_chita

Jun 12, 2014, 11:40 AM
Post #102629 of 105309 (4151 views)
Shortcut

Re: [camhead] she's your fucking friend, you tell her she needs to learn to ride [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

camhead wrote:
lena_chita wrote:
granite_grrl wrote:
lena_chita wrote:
granite_grrl wrote:
So I was out on the ladies road ride last night. Good group, we kept an average pace of 27.5km/hr (about 17miles/hr) which include a number of stops and a couple of big hills, both which tend to slow the group down. Most of the time we were keeping it above 30km/hr (~18.5 miles/hr).

But there was one lady there who was fairly new to riding. Super strong and able to keep up without much problems, but kept doing things like leaving the pace line to ride beside her friend. Not a huge deal, but kinda broke the flow of the pace line.

So we get to the last big hill, and I'm ready to bomb down as fast as I can. Me and another experienced rider go to pass her, and I yell "on your left" as a warning. Well, she holds her position in the middle of the road. I yell it again, and she starts to creep left. We're eventually forced into the oncoming lane to pass her, but I also lost the best chance to pick up speed down the hill.

The whole thing wasn't a big deal, she's new and has to learn to ride with a group....but she takes offence if people tell her she was doing it wrong. She peeled off early so I didn't get to talk with her, but hopefully her friend on the ride mentions this to her and she actually listens.

And I think you will find that bike tawk has a long history in the BET, from CI's knee, to Mo's handle bar hand.

I stand corrected.

Bike tawk, yes. Remember teh Ultraginas?

Fishing tawk, ehhhh, not so much.

I decided to branch out a bit and do some other spurts since it's getting so hot here. Did a group ride Monday evening; Dubbya Vee is so fucking hilly that it really kicked my ass, we rode waaaaaay down the road that goes past the Jung compound, then went back up another way, lost and gained probably near 1000 feet.

Then, yesterday, did the river with some alkie guide friends of mine. Much boozing and [redacted] was had, see teh facespace for pics!

It looked pretty awesome, with that guy holding your arm like you weigh nothing. Who the heck is he?

granite_grrl

Jun 12, 2014, 11:53 AM
Post #102630 of 105309 (4147 views)
Shortcut

Re: [camhead] she's your fucking friend, you tell her she needs to learn to ride [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

camhead wrote:
lena_chita wrote:
granite_grrl wrote:
lena_chita wrote:
granite_grrl wrote:

I stand corrected.

I decided to branch out a bit and do some other spurts since it's getting so hot here. Did a group ride Monday evening; Dubbya Vee is so fucking hilly that it really kicked my ass, we rode waaaaaay down the road that goes past the Jung compound, then went back up another way, lost and gained probably near 1000 feet.

Then, yesterday, did the river with some alkie guide friends of mine. Much boozing and [redacted] was had, see teh facespace for pics!

Becoming multidimentional with non conforming sport?

It’s cooler up here. You could always come for a visit and onflash the Monument.

granite_grrl

Jun 12, 2014, 12:01 PM
Post #102631 of 105309 (4145 views)
Shortcut

Re: [dr_feelgood] she's your fucking friend, you tell her she needs to learn to ride [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

So in further bike tawk news.

I made a little goal to bike 100km a week through the summer. So far I have been achieving this, but due to lack of time (still climbing on the weekends and a couple of nights a week doing a bit of climbing training) I have started cramming the 100km into Tuesday and Wednesday nights (ladies ride and time trial night). Please note – I’m still trying to do a relatively hard running workout on Mondays too.

Anyway, the Tuesday night ladies have been getting quick and it was a bit of a hilly route this week. Then I ride almost 20km to the TT, then do a 20km TT which was gradually uphill for ~15km then a sharp drop at the end, then ride home another 20km. 5km from home I was wishing I had my car. My legs are so fucking tired this morning.

granite_grrl

Jun 12, 2014, 12:06 PM
Post #102632 of 105309 (4143 views)
Shortcut

Re: [dr_feelgood] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

In other other biking news.

I started the time trials so I could meet other people of the cycling club other than the ladies that come out on Tuesday. One awesome advantage of riding in a mixed group: riding behind guys who are serious cyclists. It's a nice view. Laugh

granite_grrl

Jun 12, 2014, 12:07 PM
Post #102633 of 105309 (4143 views)
Shortcut

Re: [lena_chita] she's your fucking friend, you tell her she needs to learn to ride [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

lena_chita wrote:
camhead wrote:
lena_chita wrote:
granite_grrl wrote:
lena_chita wrote:
granite_grrl wrote:

I stand corrected.

It looked pretty awesome, with that guy holding your arm like you weigh nothing. Who the heck is he?

heh. That's an awesome pic.

granite_grrl

Jun 12, 2014, 12:15 PM
Post #102634 of 105309 (4139 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

So I think I forgot to give a weekend report.

Sat Nathan worked. He wanted to climb at the bridge, but when he got home at noon he found me scrubbing the deck. I told him we weren’t going anywhere until the deck was prepped to be stained (the BITCH!). We still got out for a few hours. Nathan is climbing super good on the drytooling routes out there, and I think I did reasonably well going out the roof. Getting in and out of figure 4s is much easier when you have climbing shoes on rather than crampons.

Sunday we did a women’s sport climbing clinic. I’m super happy with how this turned out. We had 6 people, which was a good number because Nathan and I could split it into two groups. A 3 to 1 teaching ratio wasn’t bad. We got a couple of ladies to get on lead who almost never lead, and a couple of other ladies to get on lead on things they thought were too hard for them. If you ignore the mega sore neck I had on Monday from looking up and coaching climbers, it was quite satisfying.

Partner camhead

Jun 12, 2014, 12:19 PM
Post #102635 of 105309 (4139 views)
Shortcut

Re: [granite_grrl] she's your fucking friend, you tell her she needs to learn to ride [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

granite_grrl wrote:
camhead wrote:
lena_chita wrote:
granite_grrl wrote:
lena_chita wrote:
granite_grrl wrote:

I stand corrected.

It’s cooler up here. You could always come for a visit and onflash the Monument.

Damn, once again I lack the time to make it up to Canadia. Going to take July off climbing, just do a quick three week hangbored cycle, then some power before I leave for Yewtah in mid-August for the two-week book speaking tour.

Then, when I get back to WV for Labor Day, I'm quitting the restaurant (which will help lose weight, heh), starting up a substitute teaching gig that actually pays really well and has a flexible schedule, and hopefully have a good hard tard autumn.

Partner camhead

Jun 12, 2014, 12:23 PM
Post #102636 of 105309 (4136 views)
Shortcut

Re: [lena_chita] she's your fucking friend, you tell her she needs to learn to ride [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

lena_chita wrote:
camhead wrote:
lena_chita wrote:
granite_grrl wrote:
lena_chita wrote:
granite_grrl wrote:

I stand corrected.

He's a local guide, and co-worker of mine at teh SSS. Really cool guy.

Ok, here are the pics!

snoopy138

Jun 12, 2014, 4:11 PM
Post #102637 of 105309 (4113 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

dr_feelgood wrote:
PTFTW talk has a long history

a very storied and sordid history.

snoopy138

Jun 12, 2014, 4:13 PM
Post #102638 of 105309 (4111 views)
Shortcut

Re: [granite_grrl] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

granite_grrl wrote:

Sat Nathan worked. He wanted to climb at the bridge, but when he got home at noon he found me scrubbing the deck. I told him we weren’t going anywhere until the deck was prepped to be stained (the BITCH!). We still got out for a few hours. Nathan is climbing super good on the drytooling routes out there, and I think I did reasonably well going out the roof. Getting in and out of figure 4s is much easier when you have climbing shoes on rather than crampons.

Sunday we did a women’s sport climbing clinic. I’m super happy with how this turned out. We had 6 people, which was a good number because Nathan and I could split it into two groups. A 3 to 1 teaching ratio wasn’t bad. We got a couple of ladies to get on lead who almost never lead, and a couple of other ladies to get on lead on things they thought were too hard for them. If you ignore the mega sore neck I had on Monday from looking up and coaching climbers, it was quite satisfying.

get some belay glasses

granite_grrl

Jun 12, 2014, 5:04 PM
Post #102639 of 105309 (4104 views)
Shortcut

Re: [snoopy138] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

snoopy138 wrote:
granite_grrl wrote:

get some belay glasses

Perhaps, but I don't have a loud voice so I feel looking at the person while talking to them should help.

caughtinside

Jun 12, 2014, 5:53 PM
Post #102640 of 105309 (4094 views)
Shortcut

Re: [snoopy138] trouser trout [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

snoopy138 wrote:
caughtinside wrote:
dr_feelgood wrote:

Nice rainbow trowser trowt!

Fish tawk!

just need some fabrication and fornication!

Yes, the FFF triumvirate.

I am hoping to get around to fabricating a wine rack. However, we all know that marital sects task is nawt hawt and cannot be discust here.

snoopy138

Jun 13, 2014, 1:24 AM
Post #102641 of 105309 (4070 views)
Shortcut

Re: [caughtinside] trouser trout [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

caughtinside wrote:
snoopy138 wrote:
caughtinside wrote:
dr_feelgood wrote:

Nice rainbow trowser trowt!

Fish tawk!

just need some fabrication and fornication!

Yes, the FFF triumvirate.

I am hoping to get around to fabricating a wine rack. However, we all know that marital sects task is nawt hawt and cannot be discust here.

in the context of fabricating a wine rack, I can't actually tell whether this is a typo or nawt.

lena_chita

Jun 13, 2014, 12:54 PM
Post #102642 of 105309 (4052 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

camhead wrote:
granite_grrl wrote:
camhead wrote:
lena_chita wrote:
granite_grrl wrote:
lena_chita wrote:
granite_grrl wrote:

I stand corrected.

Damn, once again I lack the time to make it up to Canadia. Going to take July off climbing, just do a quick three week hangbored cycle, then some power before I leave for Yewtah in mid-August for the two-week book speaking tour.

Then, when I get back to WV for Labor Day, I'm quitting the restaurant (which will help lose weight, heh), starting up a substitute teaching gig that actually pays really well and has a flexible schedule, and hopefully have a good hard tard autumn.

lena_chita

Jun 13, 2014, 12:56 PM
Post #102643 of 105309 (4051 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

camhead wrote:
granite_grrl wrote:
camhead wrote:
lena_chita wrote:
granite_grrl wrote:
lena_chita wrote:
granite_grrl wrote:

I stand corrected.

You could delay coming back by one week, and climb with Banz in Yewtah.

Glad to hear that substitute-teaching works out.

Partner camhead

Jun 13, 2014, 2:35 PM
Post #102644 of 105309 (4034 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

lena_chita wrote:
camhead wrote:
granite_grrl wrote:
camhead wrote:
lena_chita wrote:
granite_grrl wrote:
lena_chita wrote:
granite_grrl wrote:

I stand corrected.

Naw, gotta be back to the campground for the Day of Labor.

I am missing climbing with you and Banz, though (even though we kind of had different goals this spring). What are your 4th of July plans? We're doing a movie/BBQ here. You and Jeff should come!

Partner camhead

Jun 13, 2014, 2:52 PM
Post #102645 of 105309 (4027 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

See Eye! Just saw some pics that Thornburg put up of the new carg. Looks rad!

caughtinside

Jun 13, 2014, 3:41 PM
Post #102646 of 105309 (4017 views)
Shortcut

Re: [camhead] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Heh. It's ok. A fun little find in an area with not much local rock.

But the. gnu it ain't!

Having fun out there though!

lena_chita

Jun 13, 2014, 3:57 PM
Post #102647 of 105309 (4010 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

camhead wrote:
lena_chita wrote:
camhead wrote:
granite_grrl wrote:
camhead wrote:
lena_chita wrote:
granite_grrl wrote:
lena_chita wrote:
granite_grrl wrote:

I stand corrected.

I am missing climbing with you and Banz, though (even though we kind of had different goals this spring). What are your 4th of July plans? We're doing a movie/BBQ here. You and Jeff should come!

You've seen only about two dozens FB posts by BAnz over the past couple weeks, and you don't know where we would be for the 4th of July? You haven't been paying attention!

caughtinside

Jun 13, 2014, 4:29 PM
Post #102648 of 105309 (3982 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I'm working another local thorn burg route that's pretty great. Went out yesterday afternoon and got the beatdown on Deliverance:

Partner camhead

Jun 13, 2014, 6:07 PM
Post #102649 of 105309 (3935 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

lena_chita wrote:
camhead wrote:
lena_chita wrote:
camhead wrote:
granite_grrl wrote:
camhead wrote:
lena_chita wrote:
granite_grrl wrote:
lena_chita wrote:
granite_grrl wrote:

I stand corrected.

You've seen only about two dozens FB posts by BAnz over the past couple weeks, and you don't know where we would be for the 4th of July? You haven't been paying attention!

Oh yeah. I knew he would be at Xzzz, didn't know you would be too.

lena_chita

Jun 16, 2014, 7:53 PM
Post #102650 of 105309 (3853 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

camhead wrote:
lena_chita wrote:
camhead wrote:
lena_chita wrote:
camhead wrote:
granite_grrl wrote:
camhead wrote:
lena_chita wrote:
granite_grrl wrote:
lena_chita wrote:
granite_grrl wrote:

I stand corrected.

Oh yeah. I knew he would be at Xzzz, didn't know you would be too.

Oh well, now you do. I won't ask you if you want to go, too...

Doc, how do YOU feel about showing your bearded face in the vicinity of Xzzz?

First page Previous page 1 ... 4102 4103 4104 4105 4106 4107 4108 4109 4110 ... 4213 Next page Last page  View All

Forums : Community : Campground

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook