Forums: Community: Campground:
You are not wanted here.
RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Campground

Premier Sponsor:

First page Previous page 1 ... 4106 4107 4108 4109 4110 4111 4112 4113 4114 ... 4213 Next page Last page  View All

dr_feelgood

Jun 25, 2014, 2:56 PM
Post #102726 of 105309 (3707 views)
Shortcut

Re: [granite_grrl] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Oh rite. No one carez... Not even GG.

dr_feelgood

Jun 25, 2014, 2:57 PM
Post #102727 of 105309 (3706 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

granite_grrl wrote:
dr_feelgood wrote:
dagibbs wrote:
I hate lichen. Why can't I live in a lovely south-western desert, where the rock is always just rock, clean of annoying plant and annoying fungus-algae symbiotes, and all you have to do is get rid of a bit of loose rock to have a new route?
Take your metaphors and shove them into your rectum.
You're like the official BET bouncer.

It must be the beard.
It is the beard...

Which, regretfully, is likely at its largest.

dr_feelgood

Jun 25, 2014, 2:57 PM
Post #102728 of 105309 (3705 views)
Shortcut

Re: [lena_chita] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

I don't think it'll get much longer...

granite_grrl

Jun 25, 2014, 3:57 PM
Post #102729 of 105309 (3693 views)
Shortcut

Re: [dr_feelgood] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

dr_feelgood wrote:
granite_grrl wrote:
dr_feelgood wrote:
dagibbs wrote:
I hate lichen. Why can't I live in a lovely south-western desert, where the rock is always just rock, clean of annoying plant and annoying fungus-algae symbiotes, and all you have to do is get rid of a bit of loose rock to have a new route?

It must be the beard.
It is the beard...

Pics or it didn't happen. Preferably with icicles.

lena_chita

Jun 25, 2014, 6:07 PM
Post #102730 of 105309 (3687 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

granite_grrl wrote:
dr_feelgood wrote:
granite_grrl wrote:
dr_feelgood wrote:
dagibbs wrote:

It must be the beard.
It is the beard...

Even in Montana, it is a bit hard to find icicles in July. Not impossible... but hard. Is doc up to trying hard? Then maybe he can come to Xzzz, and we will make sure there is a picture. But no promise on the icicles.

dr_feelgood

Jun 25, 2014, 6:21 PM
Post #102731 of 105309 (3682 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

granite_grrl wrote:
dr_feelgood wrote:
granite_grrl wrote:
dr_feelgood wrote:
dagibbs wrote:

It must be the beard.
It is the beard...

This is the last picture of my beard (and the trowser trout):

I'm certainly not planning to cut it off, nor trim it, but it just hasn't gotten much longer in a year or two.

dr_feelgood

Jun 25, 2014, 6:34 PM
Post #102732 of 105309 (3673 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

lena_chita wrote:
granite_grrl wrote:
dr_feelgood wrote:
granite_grrl wrote:
dr_feelgood wrote:
dagibbs wrote:

It must be the beard.
It is the beard...

Even in Montana, it is a bit hard to find icicles in July. Not impossible... but hard. Is doc up to trying hard? Then maybe he can come to Xzzz, and we will make sure there is a picture. But no promise on the icicles.
The icicles in July thing sounds tough. But doable? I may have to try hard.

As far as xzzzz, It depends on what this here job thing turns into.

granite_grrl

Jun 25, 2014, 6:58 PM
Post #102733 of 105309 (3665 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

dr_feelgood wrote:
lena_chita wrote:
granite_grrl wrote:
dr_feelgood wrote:
granite_grrl wrote:
dr_feelgood wrote:
dagibbs wrote:

It must be the beard.
It is the beard...

Jorbs are over rated.

lena_chita

Jun 25, 2014, 7:29 PM
Post #102734 of 105309 (3655 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

granite_grrl wrote:
dr_feelgood wrote:
lena_chita wrote:
granite_grrl wrote:
dr_feelgood wrote:
granite_grrl wrote:
dr_feelgood wrote:
dagibbs wrote:

It must be the beard.
It is the beard...

Jorbs are over rated.
^iz TROO

dr_feelgood

Jun 25, 2014, 7:52 PM
Post #102735 of 105309 (3645 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

granite_grrl wrote:
dr_feelgood wrote:
lena_chita wrote:
granite_grrl wrote:
dr_feelgood wrote:
granite_grrl wrote:
dr_feelgood wrote:
dagibbs wrote:

It must be the beard.
It is the beard...

Jorbs are over rated.

I wholeheartedly agree--but the current jorb is not precisely supplying me with a steady supply of work, and we have a July 15th deadline.

dr_feelgood

Jun 25, 2014, 7:59 PM
Post #102736 of 105309 (3641 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

dr_feelgood wrote:
lena_chita wrote:
granite_grrl wrote:
dr_feelgood wrote:
granite_grrl wrote:
dr_feelgood wrote:
dagibbs wrote:

It must be the beard.
It is the beard...

Here are some beardscicles from november....

Partner cracklover

Jun 26, 2014, 1:44 PM
Post #102737 of 105309 (3615 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

lena_chita wrote:
We had quite a spectacular storm last night. The lightning struck the transformer on the gym roof, and blew out the overhead lights. That was some loud thunder crack, you guys!

My car also got struck. What are the chances? But one of the guys at the gym was standing by the open bay watching the storm, and saw it. No ill effects as far as I could tell. It just flashed lights.

Weirdly enough, there was still power, it was just the overhead lights that got fried. And we had to finish setting for the boulder league tonight. So we finished by the little lanterns and flood lights. It was actually sort of cool, shadows and mood lighting and shit.

I'd definitely be worried about electrical stuff in my car if it got hit by lightning.

I think we drove by that storm. Fortunately we weren't in it, but the lightning was pretty spectacular (from a distance).

Yeah, we moved.

GO

lena_chita

Jun 26, 2014, 3:12 PM
Post #102738 of 105309 (3606 views)
Shortcut

Re: [cracklover] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

cracklover wrote:
lena_chita wrote:
We had quite a spectacular storm last night. The lightning struck the transformer on the gym roof, and blew out the overhead lights. That was some loud thunder crack, you guys!

My car also got struck. What are the chances? But one of the guys at the gym was standing by the open bay watching the storm, and saw it. No ill effects as far as I could tell. It just flashed lights.

Weirdly enough, there was still power, it was just the overhead lights that got fried. And we had to finish setting for the boulder league tonight. So we finished by the little lanterns and flood lights. It was actually sort of cool, shadows and mood lighting and shit.

I'd definitely be worried about electrical stuff in my car if it got hit by lightning.

I think we drove by that storm. Fortunately we weren't in it, but the lightning was pretty spectacular (from a distance).

Yeah, we moved.

GO

Yeah, the first thing I did was check to see that the electric stuff still worked. The other common after-lightning effect is flat tires.
I did get hit with a leaking radiator/water pump the next day (OUCH, expensive!!!) but I don't know if that was co-incidence or related to the effect of lightning strike.

Congrats on the move. Does Alison have to start right away, or can you guys take a couple of weeks to get settled and stuff?

Partner cracklover

Jun 26, 2014, 6:15 PM
Post #102739 of 105309 (3593 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

lena_chita wrote:
Congrats on the move. Does Alison have to start right away, or can you guys take a couple of weeks to get settled and stuff?

Allison starts July 1.

Word of advice for anyone who carez: When you patiently explain to the owner of the motel that you have a 26 foot moving truck with a 12 foot trailer attached to that, and you want to know if the motel has large truck accommodations, do not believe him when he says (in a thick Indian accent (RACIST!)): absolutely, yes, lots of room, no problem. When you ask if you need to back out, and he says no? It's a lie. All lies. Maybe he means "if no-one else happens to be staying at the motel when you're here, it *might* be possible." When the exact same thing happens at the next motel - also do not believe that guy (who, as it happens, is also Indian).

Oh, have I mentioned that everything about moving sucks?

We narrowly escaped losing the cat forever when we moved in. She freaked out, pulled out of her harness, and bolted. Fortunately I knew where she'd be likely to go, and crawled under three of our new neighbors' houses to find her, drag her out by the scruff of the neck, and lock her in a bedroom.

Oh, and new piano I got Allison for graduation? Part of it fell of the back of the truck (not the noise part, but still) as we were loading it, and got kinda fucked up. Did I mention that it's like brand new? Did I mention that it fell onto Allison, who was gallantly trying to save it?

Oh, and holy crap it's humid here. And crowded.

But anyway, it is pretty here at our new place. We've got a nesting pair of Ospreys and a whole bunch of egrets (both great and snowy) to watch out the window, so that's cool.

Hopefully we'll get to the Gunks soon, so I can start working on not-sucking-so-much at gear protected face climbing. It will be a process.

Meanwhile, shit-tons of work to catch up on at work, and gotta unpack the whole house (and figure out what to do with all the stuff that doesn't fit anywhere).

Yeah. Not a fan of moving.

GO

granite_grrl

Jun 26, 2014, 6:31 PM
Post #102740 of 105309 (3584 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

cracklover wrote:
lena_chita wrote:

Allison starts July 1.

Word of advice for anyone who carez: When you patiently explain to the owner of the motel that you have a 26 foot moving truck with a 12 foot trailer attached to that, and you want to know if the motel has large truck accommodations, do not believe him when he says (in a thick Indian accent (RACIST!)): absolutely, yes, lots of room, no problem. When you ask if you need to back out, and he says no? It's a lie. All lies. Maybe he means "if no-one else happens to be staying at the motel when you're here, it *might* be possible." When the exact same thing happens at the next motel - also do not believe that guy (who, as it happens, is also Indian).

We narrowly escaped losing the cat forever when we moved in. She freaked out, pulled out of her harness, and bolted. Fortunately I knew where she'd be likely to go, and crawled under three of our new neighbors' houses to find her, drag her out by the scruff of the neck, and lock her in a bedroom.

Oh, and new piano I got Allison for graduation? Part of it fell of the back of the truck (not the noise part, but still) as we were loading it, and got kinda fucked up. Did I mention that it's like brand new? Did I mention that it fell onto Allison, who was gallantly trying to save it?

Oh, and holy crap it's humid here. And crowded.

But anyway, it is pretty here at our new place. We've got a nesting pair of Ospreys and a whole bunch of egrets (both great and snowy) to watch out the window, so that's cool.

Hopefully we'll get to the Gunks soon, so I can start working on not-sucking-so-much at gear protected face climbing. It will be a process.

Meanwhile, shit-tons of work to catch up on at work, and gotta unpack the whole house (and figure out what to do with all the stuff that doesn't fit anywhere).

GO

Nathan just drove from NV to MN in the largest UHaul that Uhaul rent with a trailer on the back for an ATV. Uhaul broke down somewhere in WY, but they were towed into the closest town and it looks like they were able to get going again the next morning.

Last night he probably unloaded the stuff they took back for him and his sister in a storage unit they are renting in Minneapolis. This morning he would have driven to WI to drop off the rest of the trucks contents for his dad's wife.

He did get to stop off at Devil's Tower for an afternoon for a quick summit, so hopefully his total moving experience wasn't as bad as yours.

Partner camhead

Jun 26, 2014, 8:25 PM
Post #102741 of 105309 (3571 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

cracklover wrote:

GO

Yurp, moving sucks. That's part of the reason I think I'll just stay in Dubbya Vee.

Will you ever have Mondays off? That's usually when I've been climbing at the Gunks this season.

caughtinside

Jun 26, 2014, 9:24 PM
Post #102742 of 105309 (3561 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

cracklover wrote:

Old news. Moving is the worst!

snoopy138

Jun 26, 2014, 10:38 PM
Post #102743 of 105309 (3555 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

dr_feelgood wrote:
Oh rite. No one carez... Not even GG.

GG still carez.

dr_feelgood

Jun 26, 2014, 11:04 PM
Post #102744 of 105309 (3549 views)
Shortcut

Re: [caughtinside] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

caughtinside wrote:
cracklover wrote:

durp

lena_chita

Jun 27, 2014, 12:41 PM
Post #102745 of 105309 (3523 views)
Shortcut

Re: [caughtinside] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

caughtinside wrote:
cracklover wrote:

Russians have a saying that translates roughly as "two moves equal one fire". I have no pity for you all of you whiny gerks. I had gone through at least three fires by Russian count, in the past 6 years.

Partner cracklover

Jun 27, 2014, 4:35 PM
Post #102746 of 105309 (3497 views)
Shortcut

Re: [camhead] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

camhead wrote:
cracklover wrote:

GO

Yurp, moving sucks. That's part of the reason I think I'll just stay in Dubbya Vee.

Will you ever have Mondays off? That's usually when I've been climbing at the Gunks this season.

Just on major holiday weekends when everyone else has them off. Odd thing, though, I remember from when I lived out here before: Seems like on long weekends, all the New Yorkers get out of town, and the Gunks are *less* crowded than on a normal weekend.

But we're a day-trip from the Gunks now, so I think we'll mostly not be camping anyway. Especially now that all the free camping is gone. Hey, do you get any kind of AAC-campground-host-get-in-free card?

GO

Partner camhead

Jun 30, 2014, 3:16 PM
Post #102747 of 105309 (3447 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

cracklover wrote:
camhead wrote:
cracklover wrote:

GO

Just on major holiday weekends when everyone else has them off. Odd thing, though, I remember from when I lived out here before: Seems like on long weekends, all the New Yorkers get out of town, and the Gunks are *less* crowded than on a normal weekend.

But we're a day-trip from the Gunks now, so I think we'll mostly not be camping anyway. Especially now that all the free camping is gone. Hey, do you get any kind of AAC-campground-host-get-in-free card?

GO

Whoa, is all the free camping really gone now? The AAC place is definitely not open yet. Either way, I don't think I'll be getting any kind of discount at the Gunks cg, beyond the standard one for club members.

And I usually can only get up to NY like Sun-Tues; weekends are just too busy here, but I usually like to head northeast after the busy weekend, hang with the new GF where she lives about 45 mins south of the Gunks, and then climb there Mon or Tues.

Partner cracklover

Jun 30, 2014, 6:50 PM
Post #102748 of 105309 (3428 views)
Shortcut

Re: [camhead] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

camhead wrote:
cracklover wrote:
camhead wrote:
cracklover wrote:

GO

GO

Whoa, is all the free camping really gone now? The AAC place is definitely not open yet. Either way, I don't think I'll be getting any kind of discount at the Gunks cg, beyond the standard one for club members.

And I usually can only get up to NY like Sun-Tues; weekends are just too busy here, but I usually like to head northeast after the busy weekend, hang with the new GF where she lives about 45 mins south of the Gunks, and then climb there Mon or Tues.

I lied. Drove up on Saturday, and checked as I drove by - The MUA is still open (prob because the new AAC CG is not).

But anyway, let's keep in touch - maybe I can sneak out one Monday for a day of climbing. More likely in the fall - right now I need to figure out this whole face climbing on gear thing. 'Bout shitted myself on a day of Gunks 5.8. Sigh...

GO

meatbomz

Jul 3, 2014, 3:37 AM
Post #102749 of 105309 (3345 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

dr_feelgood wrote:
granite_grrl wrote:
dr_feelgood wrote:
granite_grrl wrote:
dr_feelgood wrote:
dagibbs wrote:

It must be the beard.
It is the beard...

I'm certainly not planning to cut it off, nor trim it, but it just hasn't gotten much longer in a year or two.

You look like a fucking homeless person.

dr_feelgood

Jul 3, 2014, 4:44 AM
Post #102750 of 105309 (3336 views)
Shortcut

Re: [meatbomz] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

meatbomz wrote:
dr_feelgood wrote:
granite_grrl wrote:
dr_feelgood wrote:
granite_grrl wrote:
dr_feelgood wrote:
dagibbs wrote:

It must be the beard.
It is the beard...

You look like a fucking homeless person.
Who are you again?

First page Previous page 1 ... 4106 4107 4108 4109 4110 4111 4112 4113 4114 ... 4213 Next page Last page  View All

Forums : Community : Campground

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook