RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Events & Gatherings

Premier Sponsor:

SharpEndFemme

Jul 23, 2014, 6:58 AM
Post #1 of 13 (12973 views)
Shortcut

Film about 1960s Climbing World, New England Premiere this Saturday
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (1 rating)  
Can't Post

Hey New England climbers!

If you are in the Cape Cod area on Saturday July 26th, my feature film "Brave New Wild" will be screening at the 23rd annual Woods Hole Film Festival at 7pm. The film is about the climbing world of the 1950s/1960s and crosses the country from the Gunks, to the Tetons and Yosemite --- including figures such as the Vulgarians, John Gill, Royal Robbins and Warren Harding. My father is also featured in the movie -- he was a train hopping, fruit tramping, dirtbag climber from the early 70s.

I will be there in person and will have free 12x18 posters of our film if you come and ask me!

You can see a clip from the film here featuring Warren Harding's Low Sierra Eating, Drinking and Farcing Society:https://www.youtube.com/...amp;feature=youtu.be

You can get tix at http://www.woodsholefilmfestival.org/

Thanks & email me at oakley@bravenewwild.com if you have any questions!

Gmburns2000

Jul 24, 2014, 7:21 PM
Post #2 of 13 (12806 views)
Shortcut

Re: [SharpEndFemme] Film about 1960s Climbing World, New England Premiere this Saturday [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

SharpEndFemme wrote:
Hey New England climbers!

If you are in the Cape Cod area on Saturday July 26th, my feature film "Brave New Wild" will be screening at the 23rd annual Woods Hole Film Festival at 7pm. The film is about the climbing world of the 1950s/1960s and crosses the country from the Gunks, to the Tetons and Yosemite --- including figures such as the Vulgarians, John Gill, Royal Robbins and Warren Harding. My father is also featured in the movie -- he was a train hopping, fruit tramping, dirtbag climber from the early 70s.

I will be there in person and will have free 12x18 posters of our film if you come and ask me!

You can see a clip from the film here featuring Warren Harding's Low Sierra Eating, Drinking and Farcing Society:https://www.youtube.com/...amp;feature=youtu.be

You can get tix at http://www.woodsholefilmfestival.org/

Thanks & email me at oakley@bravenewwild.com if you have any questions!

Super bump, just because this film rocks!

fred-iv

Jul 24, 2014, 10:21 PM
Post #3 of 13 (12794 views)
Shortcut

Re: [SharpEndFemme] Film about 1960s Climbing World, New England Premiere this Saturday [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Where else in New England will this be showing?
There are a lot of us here in CT. Who would love to see the your film.
Thanks
Fred

SharpEndFemme

Jul 24, 2014, 11:24 PM
Post #4 of 13 (12786 views)
Shortcut

Re: [Gmburns2000] Film about 1960s Climbing World, New England Premiere this Saturday [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Hey Greg - you helped make this film happen, which deserves many bumps. :)
In reply to:

SharpEndFemme

Jul 24, 2014, 11:30 PM
Post #5 of 13 (12783 views)
Shortcut

Re: [fred-iv] Film about 1960s Climbing World, New England Premiere this Saturday [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Hey Fred,
We'd love to bring this film to CT. We're just beginning to map out where it will screen, so let me know, and we'll make it happen! If you have reccomendations about where the CT climbing base is located, I would love to know.

Oakley

Gmburns2000

Jul 25, 2014, 12:46 PM
Post #6 of 13 (12738 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

SharpEndFemme wrote:
Hey Greg - you helped make this film happen, which deserves many bumps. :)
In reply to:

wooo! that's me! wooo!

(have you put this on MP, too? there are some New Engladers there who don't frequent this site much anymore)

marc801

Jul 25, 2014, 8:32 PM
Post #7 of 13 (12716 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

When will it be available for sale or download? New England is over 2000 miles away for me.

moose_droppings

Jul 26, 2014, 1:50 AM
Post #8 of 13 (12688 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Are Rich Goldstone and Jim McCarthy in the film.

It would be nice to see a film with them receiving some notoriety for their part in Gunks history. They've also been a part of climbing history in other places as well.

Gmburns2000

Jul 27, 2014, 12:46 AM
Post #9 of 13 (12607 views)
Shortcut

Re: [moose_droppings] Film about 1960s Climbing World, New England Premiere this Saturday [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

moose_droppings wrote:

It would be nice to see a film with them receiving some notoriety for their part in Gunks history. They've also been a part of climbing history in other places as well.

There are interviews of Rich in previous versions. I'll let Oakley respond as to whether or not both are in today's version.

This film, however, is basically loads of interviews of all the famous names from the 60s and 70s and beyond. The storyline cleverly puts these interviews into context and makes it a fascinating watch. I'm pretty sure they got Bachar's final interview, for example. They have Harding, Robbins, Barber...I could go on. Just great storytelling.

The two main culprits putting this together live out west, so I'm sure there will be opportunities out there as well. In fact, they've had a couple of showings out there already. If you know of a place, let them know and I'm sure they'll listen at the very least. They're both super excited to get this out there and have a great attitude to boot.

moose_droppings

Jul 27, 2014, 1:51 AM
Post #10 of 13 (12594 views)
Shortcut

Re: [Gmburns2000] Film about 1960s Climbing World, New England Premiere this Saturday [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Gmburns2000 wrote:
moose_droppings wrote:

There are interviews of Rich in previous versions. I'll let Oakley respond as to whether or not both are in today's version.

This film, however, is basically loads of interviews of all the famous names from the 60s and 70s and beyond. The storyline cleverly puts these interviews into context and makes it a fascinating watch. I'm pretty sure they got Bachar's final interview, for example. They have Harding, Robbins, Barber...I could go on. Just great storytelling.

The two main culprits putting this together live out west, so I'm sure there will be opportunities out there as well. In fact, they've had a couple of showings out there already. If you know of a place, let them know and I'm sure they'll listen at the very least. They're both super excited to get this out there and have a great attitude to boot.

Thanks for the info.
Wink

edit: I look forward to seeing this film.

(This post was edited by moose_droppings on Jul 27, 2014, 4:38 PM)

SharpEndFemme

Aug 7, 2014, 11:50 PM
Post #11 of 13 (12294 views)
Shortcut

Re: [moose_droppings] Film about 1960s Climbing World, New England Premiere this Saturday [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Ya, what Greg said! Sorry this response is kinda delayed but we were on the road all week for the MA screening, so I haven't had much internet. But like Gmburns said, Rich Goldstone is in the film. We did interview Jim McCarthy, and while his interview didn't make it into this cut, there is a story about Jim told by Dick Williams!

I hope that we will open up a ton of screenings if we can get the word out and grow organically from climbing places across the country. So I'll keep you posted, and feel free to message me anytime about where you are if you want to see it. (Also, if you sign up for the newsletter on our site, or hell facebook, then you can keep tabs on it.)

Crazy

edit: this link to my newsletter sign up http://www.rockadventuremovie.com/contact.html

(This post was edited by SharpEndFemme on Aug 8, 2014, 12:06 AM)

SharpEndFemme

Aug 7, 2014, 11:52 PM
Post #12 of 13 (12293 views)
Shortcut

Re: [marc801] Film about 1960s Climbing World, New England Premiere this Saturday [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Hey Marc - we're just getting our sea legs in screening this at film fests, but I'm sure we'll be havin' downloads soon enough! Just keep tabs on the project and I'll let you know when that happens.

Gmburns2000

Aug 8, 2014, 2:09 AM
Post #13 of 13 (12282 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

SharpEndFemme wrote:
Ya, what Greg said! Sorry this response is kinda delayed but we were on the road all week for the MA screening, so I haven't had much internet. But like Gmburns said, Rich Goldstone is in the award winning film. We did interview Jim McCarthy, and while his interview didn't make it into this cut, there is a story about Jim told by Dick Williams!

I hope that we will open up a ton of screenings if we can get the word out and grow organically from climbing places across the country. So I'll keep you posted, and feel free to message me anytime about where you are if you want to see it. (Also, if you sign up for the newsletter on our site, or hell facebook, then you can keep tabs on it.)

Crazy

edit: this link to my newsletter sign up http://www.rockadventuremovie.com/contact.html

fixed

Forums : Climbing Information : Events & Gatherings

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook