Forums: Community: Campground:
You are not wanted here.
RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Campground

Premier Sponsor:

First page Previous page 1 ... 4174 4175 4176 4177 4178 4179 4180 4181 4182 ... 4213 Next page Last page  View All

lena_chita

Jan 23, 2015, 6:40 PM
Post #104426 of 105309 (3651 views)
Shortcut

Re: [cracklover] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

cracklover wrote:
lena_chita wrote:
dr_feelgood wrote:
lena_chita wrote:
dr_feelgood wrote:
caughtinside wrote:
The lab techs still jerkin' it?

What other explanation is there?

Could be grad students?
They are probably wanking while sanitizing.

Evidently...

Another day of beating head against the wall. No progress... neither breaking the wall, nor the head. Contamination still there.

Well there's your problem - it's your own dna*. Now stop contaminating the walls of the lab.

* Not to mention all the microbes living on your head.

I will have you know, we have a special "beat your head here" spot in the lab, and it is strategically positioned away from vibration-sensitive equipment and clean rooms.

(I am actually not joking, let me take a pic)

And microbial DNA is not a problem. At all. There is shit-ton of it, and it doesn't matter (again, word "shit" should be taken literally)

snoopy138

Jan 23, 2015, 7:00 PM
Post #104427 of 105309 (3646 views)
Shortcut

Re: [lena_chita] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

lena_chita wrote:
cracklover wrote:
lena_chita wrote:
dr_feelgood wrote:
lena_chita wrote:
dr_feelgood wrote:
caughtinside wrote:

Could be grad students?

Evidently...

Another day of beating head against the wall. No progress... neither breaking the wall, nor the head. Contamination still there.

Well there's your problem - it's your own dna*. Now stop contaminating the walls of the lab.

* Not to mention all the microbes living on your head.

I will have you know, we have a special "beat your head here" spot in the lab, and it is strategically positioned away from vibration-sensitive equipment and clean rooms.

(I am actually not joking, let me take a pic)

And microbial DNA is not a problem. At all. There is shit-ton of it, and it doesn't matter (again, word "shit" should be taken literally)

so it's just the wanking that's the problem? maybe you need a special "wank it here" spot in the lab that is strategically positioned away from your clean room.

Partner camhead

Jan 23, 2015, 7:03 PM
Post #104428 of 105309 (3644 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Drive-by posting, hey Gerkz!

Wrapping up a couple weeks back in Fayettenam. Got a few good days of climbing in this past week. Mostly trying to Get Back Into It after a long xmas of moderate tard gullies. The line I'm most psyched on is this route called Thundering Herd http://vimeo.com/96818003, which has some really cool big moves between good full pad crimps. Been putting in the time on the solo TR and got the whole crux section clean for the first time on Tues. The gear is actually not that scary.

Heading to NYC this weekend, gonna stay there for a month. Hoping to keep up with the training in the gym there. I'm not doing Manderson periodization this time around, because I really don't want to peak at a specific time. Mostly just building the bouldering power right now, then in March gonna head back to the New and do endurance, which hopefully will put me on a good place for Moonlight in April.

Oh, and if anyone wants to come to Zion and see mah book talk, April 22, bizzitichez.

Partner epoch

Jan 23, 2015, 8:55 PM
Post #104429 of 105309 (3638 views)
Shortcut

Re: [camhead] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

camhead wrote:
Drive-by posting, hey Gerkz!

Wrapping up a couple weeks back in Fayettenam. Got a few good days of climbing in this past week. Mostly trying to Get Back Into It after a long xmas of moderate tard gullies. The line I'm most psyched on is this route called Thundering Herd http://vimeo.com/96818003, which has some really cool big moves between good full pad crimps. Been putting in the time on the solo TR and got the whole crux section clean for the first time on Tues. The gear is actually not that scary.

Heading to NYC this weekend, gonna stay there for a month. Hoping to keep up with the training in the gym there. I'm not doing Manderson periodization this time around, because I really don't want to peak at a specific time. Mostly just building the bouldering power right now, then in March gonna head back to the New and do endurance, which hopefully will put me on a good place for Moonlight in April.

Oh, and if anyone wants to come to Zion and see mah book talk, April 22, bizzitichez.

Can we stand in the back and heckle?

caughtinside

Jan 23, 2015, 11:27 PM
Post #104430 of 105309 (3624 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

why are you going to NYC for a month?

Partner camhead

Jan 24, 2015, 12:45 AM
Post #104431 of 105309 (3618 views)
Shortcut

Re: [caughtinside] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

caughtinside wrote:

Spend time with the gf. Train. Write.

dr_feelgood

Jan 24, 2015, 9:03 PM
Post #104432 of 105309 (3590 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

lena_chita wrote:
dr_feelgood wrote:
lena_chita wrote:
dr_feelgood wrote:
caughtinside wrote:

Could be grad students?

Evidently...

Slowly inching down from 3 out of 4, to 1 in 10, and now 1 in 30. Anybody wants to predict how long is it going to be before i get to less than 1:1000?

Your head against the wall isn't the only thing being beaten in your lab....

granite_grrl

Jan 26, 2015, 7:06 AM
Post #104433 of 105309 (3567 views)
Shortcut

Re: [dr_feelgood] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

hello Gerks from France!

did okay at the comp, but havea lot of stuff to work on. Fell trying to make a clip, the rope went over my tool, which stayed on the wall when I fell. It broke the hold and bent my pick, thankfully I had a spare.

went to the loser's party that night. Got way too drunk, spent most of the next day hung over and trying to get food in me.

Climbed on the structure yesterday after everything was done. just went up a couple of times before we had to leave, but it was good practice. Drove through Chamonix on our way to Grenoble. Stunning.

In France now. Going drytooling today. It's going to be rad. That is awl.

lena_chita

Jan 26, 2015, 3:37 PM
Post #104434 of 105309 (3551 views)
Shortcut

Re: [granite_grrl] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

granite_grrl wrote:
hello Gerks from France!

did okay at the comp, but havea lot of stuff to work on. Fell trying to make a clip, the rope went over my tool, which stayed on the wall when I fell. It broke the hold and bent my pick, thankfully I had a spare.

went to the loser's party that night. Got way too drunk, spent most of the next day hung over and trying to get food in me.

Climbed on the structure yesterday after everything was done. just went up a couple of times before we had to leave, but it was good practice. Drove through Chamonix on our way to Grenoble. Stunning.

Good luck in the next comp!

I always wanted to go to Chamonix. So jealous! Someday...

snoopy138

Jan 26, 2015, 5:51 PM
Post #104435 of 105309 (3542 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

camhead wrote:
caughtinside wrote:

Spend time with the gf. Train. Write. Eat, drink , and get fat.

snoopy138

Jan 26, 2015, 5:53 PM
Post #104436 of 105309 (3539 views)
Shortcut

Re: [granite_grrl] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

granite_grrl wrote:
hello Gerks from France!

ewe broke teh comp!

snoopy138

Jan 26, 2015, 5:57 PM
Post #104437 of 105309 (3536 views)
Shortcut

Re: [dr_feelgood] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Went to njc yesterday, met up with jak and c-ya, nate and his gf, teh oracle ... decent-sized krew.

did some warmups in teh main area -- crimpy shit on hueco wall, crucified. got yelled at by jak for hanging out in the no-hands headbar before teh upper section of Crucified. That's a fun rowt.

went over to teh Travesty area with Nate -- he zent Ride the Wild, I got No Use for a Name in two tries. ended teh day TRing clumsy with teh Oracle. need to find a cold or overcast day to go out there and hit teh Roadside Carg ... clumsy and Lost in the Middle both look good ... I've been told You Get What You Deserve is gud, but since there's no chalk on it, who can really tell.

dr_feelgood

Jan 27, 2015, 1:15 AM
Post #104438 of 105309 (3520 views)
Shortcut

Re: [snoopy138] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

my only fan is, again, in Asia...

granite_grrl

Jan 27, 2015, 9:15 AM
Post #104439 of 105309 (3494 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

lena_chita wrote:
granite_grrl wrote:
hello Gerks from France!

Good luck in the next comp!

I always wanted to go to Chamonix. So jealous! Someday...

We just drove through, but it was still pretty cool. We may go back to see the old section though.

Partner camhead

Jan 30, 2015, 12:56 PM
Post #104440 of 105309 (3424 views)
Shortcut

Re: [snoopy138] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Hey y'all. NE update. Been in NY for a few days so far. Took a fun ski trip up to Vermont, where my gf has been getting revenge on me for all the bad climbs I've hauled her up. Seriously, I suck at skiing and my legs hurt like hell after two days of it. We were also all set to bivy in the back of my Taco, but wussed out because of the cold (low of 0 that night), so we broke down and got a motel. I'm getting old, but winter sports are WAY more fun when you are not camping.

Other than that, been getting in good seshes at teh gym. Going to volunteer at the AAC's annual snooty black tie dinner tomorrow, and hopefully get to meet the keynote speaker Reinhold Messner! If that fails, I'll just durnkenly start yelling at rich donors about how mah campground needs money.

lena_chita

Jan 30, 2015, 4:16 PM
Post #104441 of 105309 (3417 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

camhead wrote:
Hey y'all. NE update. Been in NY for a few days so far. Took a fun ski trip up to Vermont, where my gf has been getting revenge on me for all the bad climbs I've hauled her up. Seriously, I suck at skiing and my legs hurt like hell after two days of it. We were also all set to bivy in the back of my Taco, but wussed out because of the cold (low of 0 that night), so we broke down and got a motel. I'm getting old, but winter sports are WAY more fun when you are not camping.

Other than that, been getting in good seshes at teh gym. Going to volunteer at the AAC's annual snooty black tie dinner tomorrow, and hopefully get to meet the keynote speaker Reinhold Messner! If that fails, I'll just durnkenly start yelling at rich donors about how mah campground needs money.

granite_grrl

Jan 30, 2015, 8:54 PM
Post #104442 of 105309 (3396 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

camhead wrote:

I hate winter camping. Sleeping in the truck was nicer than a tent, but still super fucking miserable.

lena_chita

Jan 30, 2015, 9:38 PM
Post #104443 of 105309 (3393 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

lena_chita wrote:
camhead wrote:

computer ate mah post!

What kind of skiing, cross-country, or downhill? I'm really itching to ski, but I shouldn't just yet. Of course, everyone at work is talking about skiing all the time, so ugh!

And I was wondering how can you volunteer at a black tie sort of event if you don't even have a tie, let alone a black one. Anyway, take a selfie with the star speaker, or it didn't happen.

granite_grrl

Feb 1, 2015, 7:02 AM
Post #104444 of 105309 (3358 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Morning Gerks. I lurve breakfast in Europe.

In Italy at the next comp. I made s mis yesterday, but I have a lot to work on! High end climbing sure is.....high end. Gulp.

Nathanhas already gone this morning, he's in semis this morning. Waiting for Marc Beverly to come down for breakfast to catch a ride to the structure so I can watch Nathan.

More later....maybe.

Partner camhead

Feb 1, 2015, 4:10 PM
Post #104445 of 105309 (3350 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

lena_chita wrote:
computer ate mah post!

What kind of skiing, cross-country, or downhill? I'm really itching to ski, but I shouldn't just yet. Of course, everyone at work is talking about skiing all the time, so ugh!

And I was wondering how can you volunteer at a black tie sort of event if you don't even have a tie, let alone a black one. Anyway, take a selfie with the star speaker, or it didn't happen.

Downhill, of course. I actually do not suck at teh x-country. We're headed back up to VT for a couple more days of it this week (gf is funemployed this week, her gnu jorb starts Monday).

The dinner was rad. I took no selfies with stars, because honestly I hate being that guy. It was also very white and very moneyed. Almost seemed like Monty Python levels of an old man's club vibe. They auctioned off an old ice axe autographed by Messner for over $20k.

Still it was a pretty impressive collection of head down, ass out gully-legends, real and imagined, in one place. I ran into most of them while working the checkin counter, and tried not to cup too many balls. Here's the spraydown of names (just walk away now Jack): Dave Breshears, Steve Wunsch, John Bragg, SIR Chris Bonnington, Greg Lowe, Jeff Lowe, Largo, Messner of course, Russ Clune, Fred Beckey, Uli Steck, then the young kids DiGuilian, Jorgeson, and Caldwell. Oh, and Ted Roosevelt IV.

Also saw this one woman whose name I did not recognize, but it turns out she was the first (and still only?) person to have ever skiied the seven summits. She without a doubt had the most amazing body I have seen, ever. Evar. Karen did go all fangirl on her.

We also got a lot of booty for volunteering. Adidas was the main sponsor, and they are REALLY aggressively busting into the outdoor scene (probably goes with the 5ten purchase and what have you). They've got some super nice down jackets, but it's still weird having performance gear with the Adidas stripes on it. Erie Guardless, See Eye really needs to contact them with his Hole resume, so he can get a track suit sponsorship.

(This post was edited by camhead on Feb 2, 2015, 12:33 PM)

caughtinside

Feb 2, 2015, 6:17 AM
Post #104446 of 105309 (3320 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Swete.

Revisited a project that was abandoned 10 years ago at the dtsa... Helped zip in a few more bolts, tried the rig on tr, think it's going to be badass.

Partner camhead

Feb 2, 2015, 12:47 PM
Post #104447 of 105309 (3309 views)
Shortcut

Re: [caughtinside] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Oh, and new website that some friends put up; it's pretty funny. I linked one for you, Lena! Hehe.

http://climbingsnarc.com/

lena_chita

Feb 2, 2015, 4:37 PM
Post #104448 of 105309 (3291 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

camhead wrote:
lena_chita wrote:
computer ate mah post!

Downhill, of course. I actually do not suck at teh x-country. We're headed back up to VT for a couple more days of it this week (gf is funemployed this week, her gnu jorb starts Monday).

Ahh... downhill... even more jealous.

There is so much freaking snow here!!! And it is so perfect! Schools are canceled today, I wish we were skiing.

camhead wrote:
The dinner was rad. I took no selfies with stars, because honestly I hate being that guy. It was also very white and very moneyed. Almost seemed like Monty Python levels of an old man's club vibe. They auctioned off an old ice axe autographed by Messner for over $20k.

Still it was a pretty impressive collection of head down, ass out gully-legends, real and imagined, in one place. I ran into most of them while working the checkin counter, and tried not to cup too many balls. Here's the spraydown of names (just walk away now Jack): Dave Breshears, Steve Wunsch, John Bragg, SIR Chris Bonnington, Greg Lowe, Jeff Lowe, Largo, Messner of course, Russ Clune, Fred Beckey, Uli Steck, then the young kids DiGuilian, Jorgeson, and Caldwell. Oh, and Ted Roosevelt IV.

Also saw this one woman whose name I did not recognize, but it turns out she was the first (and still only?) person to have ever skiied the seven summits. She without a doubt had the most amazing body I have seen, ever. Evar. Karen did go all fangirl on her.

We also got a lot of booty for volunteering. Adidas was the main sponsor, and they are REALLY aggressively busting into the outdoor scene (probably goes with the 5ten purchase and what have you). They've got some super nice down jackets, but it's still weird having performance gear with the Adidas stripes on it. Erie Guardless, See Eye really needs to contact them with his Hole resume, so he can get a track suit sponsorship.

Brand snob, you! If it is too weird to have a down jacket with adidas stripes, send it here, please.

Sounds like it was a fun dinner to volunteer with, bc how else would the likes of us ever experience that sort of dinners?

lena_chita

Feb 2, 2015, 4:45 PM
Post #104449 of 105309 (3287 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

camhead wrote:
Oh, and new website that some friends put up; it's pretty funny. I linked one for you, Lena! Hehe.

http://climbingsnarc.com/

Nice! I am guessing you thought of me when you saw that post about eating mangos? Angelic

In other news, I am trying, I am trying! Did you not see my recent pic on facespace -- I set a route with no less than 3 dynos (for me, anyway). Jumping on the trampoline is pretty fun. Not sure if it is doing anything just yet, but...

It is so weird, I can land on both feet just fine, and as long as the good leg is in the play, the gimp leg goes along with the program. I can bend the gimp leg just fine, no catching, no pain, in one smooth movement, as long as the other leg is doing the same thing. But landing on the gimp leg only is like all the software is fried, and instead of the smooth motion I get a jerk-catch-jerk-catch-ugh.

PT says patience, it's in your head, brain-muscle connection needs to be retrained, keep jumping. I keep on keeping jumping... But I want it NOW!!!!

lena_chita

Feb 4, 2015, 6:43 PM
Post #104450 of 105309 (3231 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

For two days now, I get startled multiple times a day at work when a giant chunk of icicles of snow falls from the roof of our building, past my window, and onto the street.

It is pretty ridiculous, but all the sidewalks around the building are closed. And so is the disabled ramp. The only way to walk to the building is through the main doors, because they have a large overhanging roofie thing protecting the stairs. Approach the boulding anywhere else, and you could get killed.

I really want the architects who designed this to camp on the sidewalk for a few days. Right underneath my window would be great.

First page Previous page 1 ... 4174 4175 4176 4177 4178 4179 4180 4181 4182 ... 4213 Next page Last page  View All

Forums : Community : Campground

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook