Forums: Community: Campground:
You are not wanted here.
RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Campground

Premier Sponsor:

First page Previous page 1 ... 4203 4204 4205 4206 4207 4208 4209 4210 4211 ... 4213 Next page Last page  View All

snoopy138

Aug 28, 2015, 5:53 PM
Post #105151 of 105309 (8546 views)
Shortcut

Re: [camhead] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

camhead wrote:
Also, not sure if I told y'all, but somehow one of the chronically understaffed schools here roped me into a fulltime teaching gig here. English! It's fun, I think I'm making a difference with under-advantaged kids and awl that ghey stuff, but this is going to REALLY cut into my klimbtime. I'm really using the extra $$$, though, since Taco needs new leaf springs.

Is this how it all ends?

Ends? Yore still in Fayetteville, no?

snoopy138

Aug 28, 2015, 5:57 PM
Post #105152 of 105309 (8544 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

camhead wrote:
epoch wrote:
camhead wrote:
Also, not sure if I told y'all, but somehow one of the chronically understaffed schools here roped me into a fulltime teaching gig here. English! It's fun, I think I'm making a difference with under-advantaged kids and awl that ghey stuff, but this is going to REALLY cut into my klimbtime. I'm really using the extra $$$, though, since Taco needs new leaf springs.

Is this how it all ends?
I hear it ends with you quitting your jorb and moving to Kentucky to live in a shack down by the river...

Yurp. My life tends to be cyclical, not linear.

Apparently, you thought the number of posts on the current page was linear (and monotonic) though, when it is in fact also cyclical.

snoopy138

Aug 28, 2015, 5:59 PM
Post #105153 of 105309 (8542 views)
Shortcut

Re: [snoopy138] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

snoopy138 wrote:
camhead wrote:
epoch wrote:
camhead wrote:

Is this how it all ends?
I hear it ends with you quitting your jorb and moving to Kentucky to live in a shack down by the river...

Yurp. My life tends to be cyclical, not linear.

Apparently, you thought the number of posts on the current page was linear (and monotonic) though, when it is in fact also cyclical.

It's also (occasionally, though not recently) non-monotonic within a cycle.

lena_chita

Aug 28, 2015, 6:32 PM
Post #105154 of 105309 (8536 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

camhead wrote:

Is this how it all ends?

No, it ends when you get married and have babies. Ask Joe, if you are not sure. But with this full-time teaching gig... you are definitely on your way to an end.

It would have been cooler if you were teaching science. Tongue

caughtinside

Aug 28, 2015, 6:59 PM
Post #105155 of 105309 (8535 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

camhead wrote:

Is this how it all ends?
Yes.

caughtinside

Aug 28, 2015, 7:03 PM
Post #105156 of 105309 (8532 views)
Shortcut

Re: [climbs4fun] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

climbs4fun wrote:
meatbomz wrote:
caughtinside wrote:
snoopy138 wrote:
caughtinside wrote:
are you really moving to California?

I will pay $100 to whichever of you two sh00tz the other in the fase first.

A guy I climbed with a couple weeks ago got mugged in his driveway yesterday. Gun to the face, give us your shit kind of thing. Somewhat common.

Much more impressive than an emaciated Guatemalan with a dull, rusty machete.

I was thinking the same thing. Glad I kept it to myself, I would have been GUd

It's hard to compare. Quick mugging at home, with a cell phone in your pocket. Or in a jungle at dusk a few thousand miles from home in a foreign country that is poor and corrupt.

snoopy138

Aug 28, 2015, 10:19 PM
Post #105157 of 105309 (8519 views)
Shortcut

Re: [caughtinside] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

caughtinside wrote:
climbs4fun wrote:
meatbomz wrote:
caughtinside wrote:
snoopy138 wrote:
caughtinside wrote:

A guy I climbed with a couple weeks ago got mugged in his driveway yesterday. Gun to the face, give us your shit kind of thing. Somewhat common.

It's hard to compare. Quick mugging at home, with a cell phone in your pocket. Or in a jungle at dusk a few thousand miles from home in a foreign country that is poor and corrupt.

wait, the muggers didn't take the cell phone?

Partner epoch

Aug 31, 2015, 4:42 PM
Post #105158 of 105309 (8457 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

snoopy138 wrote:
caughtinside wrote:
climbs4fun wrote:
meatbomz wrote:
caughtinside wrote:
snoopy138 wrote:
caughtinside wrote:

wait, the muggers didn't take the cell phone?
I think you missed the bigger point: in both cases the muggers failed to kill the klown!

granite_grrl

Sep 2, 2015, 2:25 AM
Post #105159 of 105309 (8389 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Hey Gerks, update here. Freedo. Is a lot of werk. Been trying to sort out our house and purge a bunch of junk. Well, house is still a mess, we have someone coming to look at our spare room on Friday and we still have a Sprinter van full of stuff tha we moved back from Owen Sound on Sunday.

Busy busy busy!

lena_chita

Sep 2, 2015, 1:49 PM
Post #105160 of 105309 (8373 views)
Shortcut

Re: [granite_grrl] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

granite_grrl wrote:
Hey Gerks, update here. Freedo. Is a lot of werk. Been trying to sort out our house and purge a bunch of junk. Well, house is still a mess, we have someone coming to look at our spare room on Friday and we still have a Sprinter van full of stuff tha we moved back from Owen Sound on Sunday.

Busy busy busy!
It's a fun-busy, tho!

When does the Sprinter renovation start?

Partner camhead

Sep 2, 2015, 4:18 PM
Post #105161 of 105309 (8364 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

granite_grrl wrote:
Freedo. Is a lot of werk.

Freedo?

granite_grrl

Sep 2, 2015, 6:46 PM
Post #105162 of 105309 (8358 views)
Shortcut

Re: [lena_chita] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

lena_chita wrote:
granite_grrl wrote:

Busy busy busy!
It's a fun-busy, tho!

Spent the day helping Nathan with a roofing job. It was 30C yesterday and humid as all get out. Today I'm unloading the Sprinter of all my stuff from Owen Sound and I don't have a place to put it, so major house cleanup.

I shouldn't complain, but not working has been a lot more work than anticipated.

dr_feelgood

Sep 2, 2015, 7:26 PM
Post #105163 of 105309 (8356 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

camhead wrote:
granite_grrl wrote:
Freedo. Is a lot of werk.

Freedo?

Freedo isn't free.

He's doing 15-20 in the state pen for racketeering, fraud, embezzlement, and conspiracy.

lena_chita

Sep 3, 2015, 2:23 PM
Post #105164 of 105309 (8330 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

granite_grrl wrote:
lena_chita wrote:
granite_grrl wrote:

Busy busy busy!
It's a fun-busy, tho!

Spent the day helping Nathan with a roofing job. It was 30C yesterday and humid as all get out. Today I'm unloading the Sprinter of all my stuff from Owen Sound and I don't have a place to put it, so major house cleanup.

I shouldn't complain, but not working has been a lot more work than anticipated.

Yeah, I'm always really busy on my non-working days. Dunno why it happens.

The weather is so disgustingly hot and humid here, and for the coming weekend, too. Everyone is bailing right and left. can't blame people for that ,either...

granite_grrl

Sep 4, 2015, 1:14 AM
Post #105165 of 105309 (8297 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

With the heat this weekend going into next week I'll be climbing indoors. I have considered doing so half ass real peridization. Did three weeks of hang boarding the end of August, figuring I'd be super busy and Inwouldnt get to the cliff. Not super effective with the humidity, but still saw some gains and it's good to stress my fingers a little.

Power is a big weakness for me anyway, so I thought some limit bouldering or going to our friends massive training wall and trying to learn how to campus would be bennificial.

lena_chita

Sep 4, 2015, 7:22 PM
Post #105166 of 105309 (8275 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

granite_grrl wrote:
With the heat this weekend going into next week I'll be climbing indoors. I have considered doing so half ass real peridization. Did three weeks of hang boarding the end of August, figuring I'd be super busy and Inwouldnt get to the cliff. Not super effective with the humidity, but still saw some gains and it's good to stress my fingers a little.

Power is a big weakness for me anyway, so I thought some limit bouldering or going to our friends massive training wall and trying to learn how to campus would be bennificial.

It's a good plan. I'm starting the power phase, too. Though it was so hot here the last few days, I couldn't bring myself to go to the gym.

Yet, strangely enough, I am struck by a strong desire to go climbing outside this weekend. In 90F heat. Crazy, I know. I have compromised by deciding to go for 2 days only.

lena_chita

Sep 8, 2015, 3:43 PM
Post #105167 of 105309 (8118 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Weak-end report: Yes, I went climbing. Yes, it was hot.

It was the first time in I don't even remember how many years that I went on an all-girls trip. 3 other ladies.

Went to PMRP the first day, Bronaugh and Purgatory. There were some new routes at Bronaugh that were decent, and in the absence of anyone willing to hang my draws I hung them myself.

Worked on Belly of the Beast, figuring that it was appropriate for "power phase". And there was no shortage of willing spotters. And I jumped. Where was camhead, or Banz, or ANYONE, when I needed the witness? I jumped.

The second time I jumped and tore the flappers on 3 fingers at once. The combination of sand, sharp rock, and humidity is just not very good for skin! But I really wanted to stick the move, and I did. Most of the flappers weren't bad, just the top layer of skin with more good skin underneath... But one was full-on bloody thing. Ugh!

Then we went to Purgatory, and I hung the draws on Gluttony. Again, where were the witnesses?! It was an epic flail fest. I was remembering that the last time I tried this thing was also in 90F heat, a few years ago, but back then camhead hung the draws, and I whined my way up, and grabbed draws, and shit. I still can't hang the 3rd draw on lead, but stick clip is awesome. And since there weren't draws to grab for the rest of it, I didn't grab any. Such a fun route, in all seriousness. I should go back when the weather is better.

Monday we went to Chaos in Miller Fork. I'm definitely underwhelmed. Haven't yet found a crag in Miller Fork that i want to go back to, over and over. Maybe Infirmary... that one was nice. But I'll keep trying.

Partner camhead

Sep 8, 2015, 5:16 PM
Post #105168 of 105309 (8115 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Lena, until there is uncut footage posted on DPM, I don't believe that ewe jumped.

Had a great, hot weakend. I have no idea why, but this hangbored phase did not sap my power as much as earlier ones did. I did a few seshes in the bouldering gym last week, and was feeling good on all the deadpoints.

Then, went hard on the permadrawed cave routes this weekend. Citizens of B_ET, get your everything ready cuz Ima SPRAY...

Saturday: climbed at the Hole. Sent Blood Raid (13a) and Lactic Acid Bath (12+) back to back. Rested, talked shit, then flashed Devil Doll (12+). Then one hung the short, bouldery Against the Grain.

Sunday: Coleseum. Warmed up on Apollo, then one hung both Pod and MRSA Seat (both 13a/b). Drank a beer, did Apollo again, drank another beer, did Apollo yet again.

Monday: Was fucking thrashed.

lena_chita

Sep 8, 2015, 6:05 PM
Post #105169 of 105309 (8109 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

camhead wrote:
Lena, until there is uncut footage posted on DPM, I don't believe that ewe jumped.

Had a great, hot weakend. I have no idea why, but this hangbored phase did not sap my power as much as earlier ones did. I did a few seshes in the bouldering gym last week, and was feeling good on all the deadpoints.

Then, went hard on the permadrawed cave routes this weekend. Citizens of B_ET, get your everything ready cuz Ima SPRAY...

Saturday: climbed at the Hole. Sent Blood Raid (13a) and Lactic Acid Bath (12+) back to back. Rested, talked shit, then flashed Devil Doll (12+). Then one hung the short, bouldery Against the Grain.

Sunday: Coleseum. Warmed up on Apollo, then one hung both Pod and MRSA Seat (both 13a/b). Drank a beer, did Apollo again, drank another beer, did Apollo yet again.

oooh, I feel so bad for you. Being trashed and all. Maybe you should cut your beers with some gatorade next time.

Also, maybe you should try harder climbs? instead of doing laps for your power phase? That would be grate!

tripperjm

Sep 9, 2015, 1:30 AM
Post #105170 of 105309 (8077 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

camhead wrote:

mumbles under breath..... Gawd I fuking hate sprayers!!!1

smiles Hummm.... Must be sum other, softer Hole, cuz I don't remember ewe sending anything at teh Real Hole?

Just an idea.... Cut teh spray, until ewe actually due a root that is knot as soft as your penish was, walking out of teh Real Hole that last day?

dr_feelgood

Sep 11, 2015, 5:18 AM
Post #105171 of 105309 (7996 views)
Shortcut

Re: [tripperjm] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

tripperjm wrote:
camhead wrote:

smiles Hummm.... Must be sum other, softer Hole, cuz I don't remember ewe sending anything at teh Real Hole?

Just an idea.... Cut teh spray, until ewe actually due a root that is knot as soft as your penish was, walking out of teh Real Hole that last day?

[micdrop]

Partner camhead

Sep 11, 2015, 10:34 AM
Post #105172 of 105309 (7981 views)
Shortcut

Re: [dr_feelgood] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

dr_feelgood wrote:
tripperjm wrote:
camhead wrote:

[micdrop]

Teh Gnu is just soft.

Partner epoch

Sep 11, 2015, 2:40 PM
Post #105173 of 105309 (7959 views)
Shortcut

Re: [dr_feelgood] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

dr_feelgood wrote:
tripperjm wrote:
camhead wrote:

[micdrop]

omg

hahahahahahahahaha

tripperjm

Sep 15, 2015, 1:55 AM
Post #105174 of 105309 (7808 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

camhead wrote:
dr_feelgood wrote:
tripperjm wrote:
camhead wrote:

[micdrop]

Teh Gnu is just soft.

sighs...... yea I get that,

Still, why ewe has to drop awl those numbers? WHY??????

Awl I could think of, while I was getting soaked down, was that teh clamhed has become teh medusa....... And it sickened me.

granite_grrl

Sep 18, 2015, 1:42 PM
Post #105175 of 105309 (7674 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

So I wuz out for a longerish ride yesterday. Was almost at 45km, 15 km left to go, when some bug hit my in the face, went behind my sunglasses and stung me!

So now I'm in a bad mood, and the last 15km sucked, but other than it being a little sore where I got stung (between my eyebrow and eyelid) it wuz okay. Noticed a bit of swelling before I went to bed last night, but still not a big deal.

Eye is totally swollen this morning and I Ned to go over to the states and pick some stuff up. Even though I'm kinda ugly right now, there are still far uglier people who cross every day. I just don't want to be hassled about the stuff I'm bringing back to Canada,

First page Previous page 1 ... 4203 4204 4205 4206 4207 4208 4209 4210 4211 ... 4213 Next page Last page  View All

Forums : Community : Campground

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook