Forums: Climbing Information: Regional Discussions:
Looking to climb during the Christmas break- Puerto Rico
RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Regional Discussions

Premier Sponsor:

fracing1

Dec 16, 2015, 2:14 PM
Post #1 of 3 (4154 views)
Shortcut

Looking to climb during the Christmas break- Puerto Rico  (North_America: United_States: Puerto_Rico)
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

I will be traveling to Puerto Rico during the weeks of Dec 20 - Jan 5. Both my wife and I are from Puerto Rico, but moved out a few years ago. We started climbing while living in the states. We were looking for someone to take us out climbing for the day. I was thinking climbing the local area of Bayamon or Caliche. If you are interested please let me know so I can pack my gear and bring it with us (I have 70m rope and 13 draws).

(This post was edited by fracing1 on Dec 16, 2015, 9:24 PM)

Zackisme

Dec 17, 2015, 12:40 AM
Post #2 of 3 (4088 views)
Shortcut

Re: [fracing1] Looking to climb during the Christmas break- Puerto Rico [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Hey, my friend and I would love to meet up with you guys! We'll be in PR from Dec 23 - Jan 6. We'll be staying in San Juan for the first 5 or so days and plan to go you Bayamon and Arecbio, then out to Rincon/San German. She's been climbing in the area once and I've never been so we wouldn't be the best guides, but we would definitely love to meet up and explore with you guys. We've got a 60m rope and 16 draws, but none of them are extended draws.

We'll also be renting a small car, but if need be we can probably pack all of us into it

fracing1

Dec 17, 2015, 1:24 PM
Post #3 of 3 (4054 views)
Shortcut

Re: [Zackisme] Looking to climb during the Christmas break- Puerto Rico [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Great to hear! I'll send you a PM with my contact info. In the meantime check out Aventuraspr.com, they sell a comprehensive mini guide to the islands climbing locations. And as far as not being great guides, don't sweat it. Both my wife and I are locals, never climbed there before, but we know where the places are. In fact my wife grew up down the street from Caliche in Ciales.

Forums : Climbing Information : Regional Discussions

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook