RSS FeedRSS Feeds for General

Premier Sponsor:

rocknraceboxer3

Jan 11, 2016, 6:00 PM
Post #1 of 6 (9042 views)
Shortcut

FRANCHISE NEEDED!!!
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

I am stuck in Butte, Montana (have a child with the ex-husband that is NEVER going to leave this place, plus a wonderful partner who has children with his ex-wife that is also NEVER going to leave). Yes, it is a great place for outdoor climbing...for the three or four months that the weather permits. We have no indoor climbing gym in our town, and must travel over 100 miles round trip to get to one. Such is not possible to do on a regular basis, especially with driving conditions during winter. I have researched for years starting my own rock climbing gym, but I do not have what it takes to accomplish such a feat. I have reached out to neighboring indoor rock climbing gyms for franchise opportunities, but none are in a position to do so. I think I'm going to go crazy at my job, and I want to find someone or some place that would franchise their indoor rock climbing gym to our location. I know I have what it takes to manage a franchise, just can't leave my job to try and do it from scratch. Where do I start!?

skelldify

Jan 13, 2016, 9:36 PM
Post #2 of 6 (8850 views)
Shortcut

Re: [rocknraceboxer3] FRANCHISE NEEDED!!! [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

"I have researched for years starting my own rock climbing gym, but I do not have what it takes to accomplish such a feat."

"I know I have what it takes to manage a franchise, just can't leave my job to try and do it from scratch."

I'm confused... If you're saying you don't have any money, the only option might be to convince a bank to give you a loan. If you don't have good credit, you're out of luck.

rocknraceboxer3

Jan 13, 2016, 9:46 PM
Post #3 of 6 (8844 views)
Shortcut

Re: [skelldify] FRANCHISE NEEDED!!! [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

I don't have the money or assets. I have great credit, but I don't know if any bank will give me a million dollar loan.

Partner happiegrrrl

Jan 14, 2016, 12:19 AM
Post #4 of 6 (8834 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

What about making a Co-op with other local climbers? You can't be the only one out there itching for a climbing gym(and if you are, a commercial gym would fail).

Really.... all you need is someone who has enough space for a bouldering space, people willing to chip in for materials and someone who knows how to make safe structures. If that goes well, then think about expanding with some routes. Somebody must have a tall shed or barn.

You don't have to have a fancy pay-to-play for-profit gym.

rocknraceboxer3

Jan 14, 2016, 2:38 AM
Post #5 of 6 (8808 views)
Shortcut

Re: [happiegrrrl] FRANCHISE NEEDED!!! [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

That's a great idea! We do have a good basis of climbers here, and a great community need and interest. The hardest part will be finding a suitable building. Thanks!

hph04a

Jan 26, 2016, 2:24 AM
Post #6 of 6 (8146 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I've done a decent amount of looking into this for my own purposes here recently. I'll post a link of a climbing co-op's website who has a page dedicated to helping others do the same thing they are.

http://www.slo-opclimbing.org/about-us/make-a-slo-op-of-your-own/

Forums : Climbing Information : General

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook