Forums: Climbing Information: General:
This place is dead part 2 (exclamation mark not needed)
RSS FeedRSS Feeds for General

Premier Sponsor:

First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next page Last page  View All

sungam

May 4, 2016, 5:19 AM
Post #201 of 238 (22208 views)
Shortcut

Re: [sungam] This place is dead part 2 (exclamation mark not needed) [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (1 rating)  
Can't Post

sungam wrote:
PTFTW I HAVE SAVED U ALL ))))))
A REAL PTFTW for the true posts per page count of 100

Rokjox

May 9, 2016, 3:06 PM
Post #202 of 238 (22035 views)
Shortcut

Re: [sungam] This place is dead part 2 (exclamation mark not needed) [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

"... ain't dead and done till Jeff says it's dead and done. As this thread is going, it ain't there yet. JT even posted! ..."

Just me and Sungam have posted on this thread, this site since April, Given that this site used to have a thousand posts a week, yeah, I can really see how hard it is to understand DEAD.

This is the TOP POST and yet therre is almost no activity after a week?

DEAD!

Now please understand, if possible:

I am seldom wrong, and I don't make shit up. Would it make you feel BETTER if your local hero (Jeff) told you PERSONALLY that this site is DEAD? WHY would he single you out. you and him got a THING?

Because, there is a possibility that I seem to have availed myself of, that you have not been able to concieve. I looked up his email address and CONTACTED him.
I expained myself briefly and I asked HIM if he still owned this site and was operating it. ( If he still CARED, basically. If he was taking personal legal responsibility for the site...) Months ago.

HE SAID NO! dammit!

You should/could try it yourself!

I don't understand the onus you guys seem to put on not posting "private" emails, but I guess I won't post it.

But it you want to see it, can I forward it to you? Perhaps it would be more ethical to do THAT? Jesus Chirst Facepalm!

Is it so damn hard to understand the evidence of your EYES? (name-redacted) boy... I fucking HAATE it when you call me a liar by implication. You don't know me from a pile of dogshit but calling me a LIAR and USING MY ACTUAL NAME is a douchbag move Dim Wit. The ethics of THAT are HUGELY more clear and it clearly shows you as a Turd flaming Douche.

(Name-redacted), I don't know you, but I don't pretend that I do, I would just as soon you go back to calling me Rokjox, as that is the only personality you actually know ANYTHING about. I would never use your actual name if you were not posting under that. (maybe it IS a psudonym? How would I know?)) That would be a fucked up thing to do. And no call for it, I don't need to pretend to be your buddy.

Everybody acts like they know me personally, when fact is, almost nobody on these forums has ever laid eyes on me,
they do NOT know me and I think Its rather like people sucking up to celebrities they have never actually met.

So whats the frigging matter? No fucking ethics, (Name-redacted)? In case you didn't notice, I don't use my name on forums. If you were not a douche, you'd respect that. And if you can't respect that, you can expect that if I ever get an ID on you, I will remember and punch your face, or failing that, fuck with you in some other way. Ah, maybe you'll get lucky and never go anywhere I can meet you.

If you KNEW me, you'd KNOW that THAT is the kind of guy I am.

Screw with me, I screw back. Act decent, and you got a loyal friend as long as you can stand it. Don't take liberties with people you don't know.

If you can't get a clue, take a class from an expert.

If you hear it from me, It's BANK.

I got no reason to lie about much.

(This post was edited by Rokjox on May 12, 2016, 9:58 AM)

ubu

May 11, 2016, 7:44 PM
Post #203 of 238 (21942 views)
Shortcut

Re: [Rokjox] This place is dead part 2 (exclamation mark not needed) [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Rokjox wrote:
And if you can't respect that, you can expect that if I ever get an ID on you, I will remember and punch your face, or failing that, fuck with you in some other way. Ah, maybe you'll get lucky and never go anywhere I can meet you.

Wow. Is the Prozac dispenser broken this week?

sungam

May 11, 2016, 10:31 PM
Post #204 of 238 (21932 views)
Shortcut

Re: [ubu] This place is dead part 2 (exclamation mark not needed) [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (2 ratings)  
Can't Post

Well if my stone cold 100% hilarious and high quality goodposting can't get more than 2 posts in a week then I guess either I have an unrealistically high opinion of myself and my posting (not possible) or the website is totes dead o7o7o7

Rokjox

May 12, 2016, 9:54 AM
Post #205 of 238 (21903 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Hi Sungam,

Yes, you have been funny. I got no especial bad comments for you to read and keep you up at nights wondering how I could have been so mean. And its sad to see the passing of a forum and website that you spent a lot of time in. I used to read a lot here, although most of my posting was on ST, as I had been a valley climber for the most part of a decade. It seemed a more logical place for me, as I had known a number of the guys there in the stonemaster era.

Actually I didn't know them so well as I thought, mostly I just had slept and climbed and lived among them... but the actual period Stonemasters almost never actually had given me any grief, and still have not, with perhaps a couple exceptions, and I most likely earned that.

Ubu, I got some big welts remaining from my ST days, and I got security issues, also. My personal experience has demonstrated to me just exactly how dangerous websites can be. Once some shithead starts brown-nosing your identity, well, he isn't doing it as a favor. No good comes of that and I have begun to feel like the Beebman, just because you buy my album, you don't own a piece of me and I don't have to let you take a picture of us together like we are great buddies. We are NOT, we're strangers.

So to speak.

Guy should call me Mister Rokjox until I offer him my given game.

((thats supposed to be funny too... nothing here but echos...))

I am not an especially nice person, most likely not even a slightly nice person. I am not a gentlemans-gentleman; I am not a ladies man (wife says I am "A lady's man" -- hers) I am a guys-guy ar best, and one that grew up in somewhat violent areas, times and places. I fought other kids in school, other kids in gangs trying to beat hell outta me and a few tournments in college on some team. I have kicked shit out of a guy trying to rob me and my girl, I almost shot a couple others. It feels normal for me to be in a fight. Scary sometimes but kinda regular. And I have had my ass kicked a bunch. Wanta see some pictures? Fuckn Gruesome head shots! A 30th birthday party gone south... more or less.

So yeah, I probably need some prozac on occasion. Or some other chemical lobotomy.

Fighting.

Its my fall back posistion.

I see "BC" done retracted his post, so I will go pull HIS name/avatar reference... I think I may have implied a promise of reciprocity. Funny, considering his first post, that he got so stiff over my last one. I actually completely agreed with him on the OP.

Good luck Sungam. If you ever get up here, I can show you a better time than you might expect. Old ghosts know where the bodies are buried.

(This post was edited by Rokjox on May 12, 2016, 10:02 AM)

ajkclay

May 12, 2016, 10:40 AM
Post #206 of 238 (21898 views)
Shortcut

Re: [Rokjox] This place is dead part 2 (exclamation mark not needed) [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

Sad to see the site die, but I have to say it was the stupid trolls and bickering that saw me lose interest.

You couldn't have an opinion without the resident bullies weighing in and starting childish quote wars - which I will not deny I also got dragged into.

It dragged a lot of people down to levels that I think they did not like.

I've been a member since 2002 and honestly, while I say it is sad, the reality is, I'm more sad for what could have been, not what has been lost.

sungam

May 13, 2016, 5:03 AM
Post #207 of 238 (21846 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Rokjox wrote:
Good luck Sungam. If you ever get up here, I can show you a better time than you might expect. Old ghosts know where the bodies are buried.

Careful - I have been known to take people up on offers like this! (I think there's a list somewhere of people from this sit who are still trying to get the smell out of their carpets)

Uh... That's assuming we're talking about climbing. If the bodies are literal then, ummm....

Rokjox

May 16, 2016, 2:24 AM
Post #208 of 238 (21716 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Climbers are bigmouths, it talks nothing to find every climb in north America any more.

Ski runs, bike rides and holes in the ground are much more poorly publicised.

One not quite local cave here was used to hide a corpse... funny thing, about 1/3 of the body is still missing including the head. The locals actually had sort of a party last year, where people went hunting for the other pieces.

I don't remember hearing they found them.

http://www.ktvb.com/news/local/isu-students-will-help-search-cave-for-human-head/175979856

I didn't get to go, but I gotta admit, it sounded like fun, crawling around in holes in the ground looking for rotting bodies. You just gotta have the right attitude.

(This post was edited by Rokjox on May 16, 2016, 3:22 AM)

johnwesely

May 16, 2016, 8:18 PM
Post #209 of 238 (21671 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I will never forget my teenage days
trolling for the lulz on rc.com
RIP fun website.

sungam

May 17, 2016, 6:29 PM
Post #210 of 238 (21616 views)
Shortcut

Re: [johnwesely] This place is dead part 2 (exclamation mark not needed) [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

johnwesely wrote:
RIP fun website.
formative years, man

dynosore

May 18, 2016, 1:47 PM
Post #211 of 238 (21561 views)
Shortcut

Re: [johnwesely] This place is dead part 2 (exclamation mark not needed) [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

johnwesely wrote:
RIP fun website.

What shoes should I buy?

Can I tie in with a square knot?

If you use a grigri, the belayer doesn't need to pay attention......

billcoe_

Jun 18, 2016, 2:43 PM
Post #212 of 238 (20616 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Rokjox wrote:
"Now please understand, if possible: I am seldom wrong, and I don't make shit up. Would it make you feel BETTER if your local hero (Jeff) told you PERSONALLY that this site is DEAD? WHY would he single you out. you and him got a THING? Because, there is a possibility that I seem to have availed myself of, that you have not been able to concieve. I looked up his email address and CONTACTED him. I expained myself briefly and I asked HIM if he still owned this site and was operating it. ( If he still CARED, basically. If he was taking personal legal responsibility for the site...) Months ago. HE SAID NO! dammit! You should/could try it yourself! I don't understand the onus you guys seem to put on not posting "private" emails, but I guess I won't post it. But it you want to see it, can I forward it to you? Perhaps it would be more ethical to do THAT? Jesus Chirst Facepalm! Is it so damn hard to understand the evidence of your EYES? (name-redacted) boy... I fucking HAATE it when you call me a liar by implication. You don't know me from a pile of dogshit but calling me a LIAR and USING MY ACTUAL NAME is a douchbag move Dim Wit. The ethics of THAT are HUGELY more clear and it clearly shows you as a Turd flaming Douche. (Name-redacted), I don't know you, but I don't pretend that I do, I would just as soon you go back to calling me Rokjox, as that is the only personality you actually know ANYTHING about. I would never use your actual name if you were not posting under that. (maybe it IS a psudonym? How would I know?)) That would be a fucked up thing to do. And no call for it, I don't need to pretend to be your buddy. Everybody acts like they know me personally, when fact is, almost nobody on these forums has ever laid eyes on me, they do NOT know me and I think Its rather like people sucking up to celebrities they have never actually met. So whats the frigging matter? No fucking ethics, (Name-redacted)? In case you didn't notice, I don't use my name on forums. If you were not a douche, you'd respect that. And if you can't respect that, you can expect that if I ever get an ID on you, I will remember and punch your face, or failing that, fuck with you in some other way. Ah, maybe you'll get lucky and never go anywhere I can meet you. If you KNEW me, you'd KNOW that THAT is the kind of guy I am. Screw with me, I screw back. Act decent, and you got a loyal friend as long as you can stand it. Don't take liberties with people you don't know. If you can't get a clue, take a class from an expert. If you hear it from me, It's BANK. I got no reason to lie about much.

Just reread the thread and saw this. You talking to me? I haven't changed or deleted any posts and I'm not sure where this shit is coming from. As far as real names, you want to use Roxjox or whatever, you can always ask nicely. Not a problem with me. I'll continue to do my thing, you don't want to reply with my real name, Bill Coe, you can use the avatar, Billcoe_ . Then I'll know who you are talking too, but (redacted) looks like it was directed at me. BTW, I didn't add the hyphen at the end to throw people off and hide who I am, the first attempt to log on using billcoe (no hyphen) only worked enough to not allow me to log on with that moniker. For myself, I'd rather keep it real. I'll talk to you straight here just like I would if it was eye to eye. I've met and climbed with some of the posters I've met on this site and had some great experiences that I'll cherish a long time.

Bill

Rokjox

Jun 22, 2016, 5:23 PM
Post #213 of 238 (20449 views)
Shortcut

Re: [billcoe_] This place is dead part 2 (exclamation mark not needed) [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Yes a part of that was directed to you. bc.

In reply to:
...resident bullies weighing in and starting childish quote wars -

(from another poster about why he was over this site. Was he talking about YOU?)

If you have the skills, please don't dup an entire post to make a point about a few sentences. Also don't destroy all the careful formatting, etc. You hide the meanings and confuse the issues. But you know that.

Here, I have also re-read the thread prior, to see what is your complaint.

I stand by the post. In whole and in the part that concerns you.

You are a douche. A smart ass who somewhere found my name (from the other douche Radas posts on a similar vein in the back room, most likely) and you know it pisses me off for it to be brown-nosed like that. I have clearly said as much. You also know that its widely considered douchery to do that kind of thing over the internet as a whole.

So yes, I have no actual problem saying it, if you insist... and you appear to insist I use your name. Ok..

"Bill Coe, you are a douche."

A passive-agressive pussy-douche to put a more fine point to it.

google that twice.

I see your reading comprehension is also poor. I did ask you nicely. Here I will make it brain dead stupid simple.

Remove your reference to my name from your prior post.

You don't know me, we have never met to my knowlege and we are not on a first name basis. I post as Rokjox, consistantly, I am not hiding, either. And FYI, I am not one of the guys you have had fun with, ...rather expect I might not have missed a thing, either.

What a douche.

Let me leave you with a reminder for the short of attention. This is a stupid thread. Stupid is as stupid does. Why don't you just pull your post -- all of them? This thread is from its first post (yours) a whinefest straight out of Kalifornia (just a guess?). A complete snivel about locking the first thread, and how YOU ain't thinking that thats right, so You are gonna re-animate the thread, against somebody elses better (and more powerful) judgement. YOU wanna tell the owner how to run it's site. Well, don't we all...

In reply to:
I'm 60 years old, have been rockclimbing for 43 years. I own my own business and don't need you to be my mother.
From your (bc) first post here. During the OP whine about why this site has died, how you want it to be changed back, whose fault it is, etc.

I am a little older and been climbing a little longer, but other than that, we are of the same mint. You should know better. You Do know better. Your first post shows it; shouts it.

Bill Coe is a douche.

""I approve this message" Rokjox B. Teleski

(This post was edited by Rokjox on Jun 22, 2016, 6:17 PM)

Partner macherry

Jul 18, 2016, 7:38 PM
Post #214 of 238 (19652 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

drive by. the owner jeff hasn't logged in since april. no new posts. i believe this website is adrift, pretty much done. i don't think that's news to anyone

kobaz

Jul 20, 2016, 7:56 PM
Post #215 of 238 (19568 views)
Shortcut

Re: [macherry] This place is dead part 2 (exclamation mark not needed) [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

macherry wrote:
drive by. the owner jeff hasn't logged in since april. no new posts. i believe this website is adrift, pretty much done. i don't think that's news to anyone

It's gone. Done. Kaput. It is an ex-parrot.

No new news articles. No gear reviews. No one is going to bother posting trip reports and partner requests to a site that's not worth visiting anymore :(

I have fond memories of the old rc.com. I've climbed with a number of members and had some great gear discussions. I hit up this site maybe once a month now to check if there's anything new. And so far the only real new thing is the home brew treadwall (which is cool), and this thread.

Poor poor old rc.com. Peoples have moved to greener pastures.

sungam

Jul 21, 2016, 4:42 AM
Post #216 of 238 (19539 views)
Shortcut

Re: [macherry] This place is dead part 2 (exclamation mark not needed) [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

macherry wrote:
Hey Ma!!!!!

Partner macherry

Jul 21, 2016, 5:45 PM
Post #217 of 238 (19511 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

hey sungam

billcoe_

Jul 27, 2016, 4:56 AM
Post #218 of 238 (19318 views)
Shortcut

Re: [kobaz] This place is dead part 2 (exclamation mark not needed) [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Yup. It's like Jeff doesn't even care anymore. Maybe he's open to selling it to the members?

Hey Ma, didn't you use to be a mod here? Did ya make any scratch on that?

curt

Jul 27, 2016, 5:50 AM
Post #219 of 238 (19315 views)
Shortcut

Re: [billcoe_] This place is dead part 2 (exclamation mark not needed) [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

billcoe_ wrote:
Yup. It's like Jeff doesn't even care anymore. Maybe he's open to selling it to the members?

Even if the price was "free" you'd probably be overpaying. This is something Jeff has probably figured out.

Curt

Partner macherry

Jul 27, 2016, 6:23 PM
Post #221 of 238 (19296 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

not a thing. a few pro deals on climbing gear, but that was way way back.

ryannremtp

Jul 30, 2016, 6:10 PM
Post #223 of 238 (19158 views)
Shortcut

Re: [ncrockclimber] This place is dead part 2 (exclamation mark not needed) [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Wow, this forum has changed since I was last here.

iknowfear

Aug 2, 2016, 5:40 PM
Post #224 of 238 (18994 views)
Shortcut

Re: [ryannremtp] This place is dead part 2 (exclamation mark not needed) [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

ryannremtp wrote:
Wow, this forum has changed since I was last here.

yeah, its now much more familiy friendly.

like a diner in the midwest.

In the walking dead world.

ryannremtp

Aug 4, 2016, 1:31 AM
Post #225 of 238 (18282 views)
Shortcut

Re: [iknowfear] This place is dead part 2 (exclamation mark not needed) [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Yeah, it does have that ghost town feel.

First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next page Last page  View All

Forums : Climbing Information : General

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook