RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Accident and Incident Analysis

Premier Sponsor:

majid_sabet

Sep 27, 2016, 4:25 PM
Post #1 of 5 (22051 views)
Shortcut

Rappel Knot Fails,Climber Falls to Death on the Goat Wall
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

This may had been posted previously however, R&I covers ANALYSIS

MS

http://www.rockandice.com/...ath-on-the-goat-wall

“They had been using a flat figure 8 backed up with overhands all the way down the route. [Kautz] tied the same knot, no doubt, but didn’t back it up

Partner robdotcalm

Sep 28, 2016, 9:23 PM
Post #2 of 5 (21938 views)
Shortcut

Re: [majid_sabet] Rappel Knot Fails,Climber Falls to Death on the Goat Wall [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Hey majid,

Nice to see somebody trying to keep the site alive. It's important to make known the dangers of the flat 8.

rob.calm

jbone

Sep 28, 2016, 9:58 PM
Post #3 of 5 (21935 views)
Shortcut

Re: [robdotcalm] Rappel Knot Fails,Climber Falls to Death on the Goat Wall [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

majid has a history of posting accidents, injuries, and most especially death in the climbing world on this site. If you look at his post history you will be astonished to see the sheer volume of death posts compared to every other kind of post you might see here.

It's gotten to the point over the years that it would not surprise me if he does this to discourage all climbing rather than encourage safe climbing.

majid_sabet

Oct 7, 2016, 4:32 PM
Post #4 of 5 (21410 views)
Shortcut

Re: [jbone] Rappel Knot Fails,Climber Falls to Death on the Goat Wall [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Accident investigation and understanding the causes is as important as climbing education and if we didn't hear about all of this ,many of us wouldn't be alive today.

Few weeks ago a friend of mine (climber and rescuer) was killed in river accident. He was stuck between boat and the rock on a class 2-3ish whitewater while doing river guiding.

Upon initial report, guides in the area spend over 2-3 min trying to deflate the boat by releasing air from the valves. When I saw the pictures of the accident and carefully analyze the scene, I didn't notice and any knife on any bodies PFD. Not even on my friend's PFD. Not sure if having a knife made that much of the difference but i know under water, every 1/10 sec counts.

johnwesely

Aug 10, 2021, 3:15 PM
Post #5 of 5 (1028 views)
Shortcut

Re: [majid_sabet] Rappel Knot Fails,Climber Falls to Death on the Goat Wall [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

You are a real one Majid

Forums : Climbing Information : Accident and Incident Analysis

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook