RSS FeedRSS Feeds for US - Mountain States

Premier Sponsor:

tradpuppy

Jan 18, 2003, 1:45 PM
Post #1 of 3 (1138 views)
Shortcut

Mt. Lemmon - Too Cold?
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

Go to the crags on the lower half like Hidden Jewels. I don't know about Green Slabs or Windy Point. Never been there in winter. I do know that hippie/crystal tourist trap village near the top is awful pleasant in summer.

tucsonalex

Jan 22, 2003, 9:12 PM
Post #2 of 3 (1138 views)
Shortcut

Mt. Lemmon - Too Cold? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

it's plenty warm down low on the mountain this time of year, temps have been in the mid 60's recently. If you look hard you can probably find a motel 6 type place for 25-30 bucks a night in tucson.

climbsomething

Jan 22, 2003, 9:24 PM
Post #3 of 3 (1138 views)
Shortcut

Mt. Lemmon - Too Cold? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Oh noooo, it's never too cold, or too hot, to climb on Lemmon. Just stick to the lower part of the mountain this time of year (Windy Point and lower). And while it may be too chilly for your liking on the summit, you should go to Summerhaven anyway, because the Mount Lemmon Cafe has the best pie you'll EVER eat.

As for cheap places to stay, there are some fleabags along Stone or even better, Oracle ("Miracle Mile"). This will put you in proximity to some fine establishments, the kind that make the chamber of commerce proud: strip joints, adult toy stores, and a pauper's cemetary. Yah... ! There's also some Motel 6s etc in town which shouldn't be too sketchy at all. And camping on Lemmon is also an option, although I have very rarely done it, seeing as I don't have to

Forums : Climbing Partners : US - Mountain States

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook