RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Suggestions & Feedback

Premier Sponsor:

beyond_gravity

Jan 23, 2003, 5:20 PM
Post #1 of 4 (854 views)
Shortcut

rc.com = lame
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  

killfile? You have to be kidding. This has to be the lamest thing i've ever seen on this site.

I am not worried about anyone killfiling me, because I couldn't care less. But I think it's extremely stupid way to make the community exclusive for a couple of whiners. Am I missing something here? I haven't seen any seriouse abuse problems here.

lox

Jan 23, 2003, 5:25 PM
Post #2 of 4 (854 views)
Shortcut

rc.com = lame [In reply to]
Report this Post

Quote:Am I missing something here?

Yeah. The point.

This means you can go about your merry annoying way and people will just choose to ignore you, rather than having to read what you have to say.

You are still free to bloat the site with your worthless drivel as much as you like...

I am interested to see how this works.

Partner tim

Jan 23, 2003, 5:36 PM
Post #3 of 4 (854 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post

*un-plonk*

Ahh, I was wondering who Lox was talking to. Hadn't heard from Jeremy in a while...

*re-plonk*

In terms of my own user experience, the (small) effort to extend the bozo filter into the forums has already paid off. I've never seen such a positive public response to a piece of code before on this site.

I have to port this to phpBB2. Unless it requires a lot of work. I'll see about putting in the patch now. Will make my life easier when we switch over, anyhow.

Not sure if the b.com crowd would enjoy it (seems pretty close-knit anyways) but it sure seems to be a hit over here, perhaps other phpbb2-powered boards have similar problems to ours. It took about 20 lines of PHP, and the SQL is trivial, although I may have to back out some of the code that deals with rc.com-specific hacks. Indices are key.

[ This Message was edited by: tim on 2003-01-23 09:40 ]

Partner rrrADAM

Jan 23, 2003, 5:42 PM
Post #4 of 4 (854 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post

Jeremy, please reply to the "killfile thread" in General... With almost 5,000 posts, you know the drill, and what is considered redundant.

Forums : Rockclimbing.com : Suggestions & Feedback

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook