RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Slacklining

Premier Sponsor:

misha

Jan 24, 2003, 1:14 AM
Post #1 of 6 (2260 views)
Shortcut

damn tightening systems
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

until now i have been using ratchet tie downs and have found them pretty effective, however they like to break, the most recent one i had was rated at 1500 lbs holding power.

My question is what other tightening methods can i use besides the 4:1/ 3:1 tightening system. i only have a small walking space in my backyard (about 15 feet), so the 4:1 takes up a lot of room and it is a real hastle to do all the trial and error involved in getting it tight.

I have seen someone use a non climbing, camming device for webbing, should i consider this, or will i be forced to stick with the 4:1? Pulleys and expensive locking cams are out.

therealbovine

Jan 24, 2003, 4:40 PM
Post #2 of 6 (2260 views)
Shortcut

damn tightening systems [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Misha

PM me and I will send you some instructions. Its better to view them then to try and explain it.

therealbovine

jetasun

Jan 25, 2003, 1:31 AM
Post #3 of 6 (2260 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Hey Misha,

You should try walking that 15 foot line relatively loose. At 15 ft. I don't even use pulley advantage (in fact, I don't even use biners). Just set your line up a little higher, then hitch back and forth a couple of times before tying off. The line may sag a little after walking a bit, but the swing can be fun.

Walking different variations (line lengths and tensions) will ultimately make you a more versatile slackliner.

[ This Message was edited by: jetasun on 2003-01-24 17:35 ]

easysteve

Feb 17, 2003, 11:17 PM
Post #4 of 6 (2260 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Man, how do you people even stand up? I can't do it too well, I've tried and tried. Some pointers would be cool, but it's not that big of a deal.

gumbieclimber

Feb 25, 2003, 8:19 PM
Post #5 of 6 (2260 views)
Shortcut

fellow slackliner [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

dude you should email me at savorycassar26@hotmail.com if you dont understand but 1/4 the way through your line put a clove hitch on 2 carabiners and beyond that slide the line through a biner(locking) thats ancored to a tree and go back to the 2 carabiners and through both of them and back to another anchor on the same tree with 2 carabiners that that you put the line through....you know what, this is a really easy setup but you should email me then ill email you some pictures and instructions too you only need 2 locking biners 4 non locking and your webbing and something as an acsension device....its super easy to set up and take down and you can put tons of pressure on it that stays! the best setup ive ever seen!

Partner coldclimb

Feb 28, 2003, 6:19 PM
Post #6 of 6 (2260 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I think I'll take a pic of mine sometime and show it here. It takes more gear than some people have, but it can be set up and taken down in under two minutes. Another downside is that it takes three anchors, in stead of two, but that can be revised with ease. I'll post it sometime in the next few days.

Forums : Climbing Disciplines : Slacklining

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook