Forums: Climbing Information: Regional Discussions:
Gear for Chickies Rock
RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Regional Discussions

Premier Sponsor:

pusherem

Jan 28, 2003, 2:33 PM
Post #1 of 4 (2072 views)
Shortcut

Gear for Chickies Rock  (North_America: United_States: Pennsylvania: Southeastern_Region: Chickies_Rock)
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

I see that chickies has some trad...ive only ever toproped and i would like to messs around with trad on toprope. If anyone that has climbed there would like to tell me what i need as far as nuts and cams and such it would be greatly appriciated. Thanks alot.

[ This Message was edited by: jds100 on 2003-01-28 16:07 ]

jds100

Jan 29, 2003, 12:08 AM
Post #2 of 4 (2072 views)
Shortcut

Gear for Chickies Rock [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

[small]This topic was moved to the Regional Discussions forum by jds100[/small]

climbinganne

Jan 29, 2003, 12:38 AM
Post #3 of 4 (2072 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I am not answering this question eric...i started to then went to post and jds100 moved it and my post was deleted (WOW)... i saw it as a sign!!!!

eric...you need to wait a month til the weather hopfully warms up a little anyhow...the wind along that part of the susquehanna can be abrasive this time of year and the sun doesn't seem to help much (oh and yeah..let's not forget the snow).

i dont wanna scold you, so let me again offer to show you the area, you are not familiar with the climbs and therefore shouldn't be climbing trad with your level of expertise at the present time.

gosh, i'll save the majority of trad lectures for "in person" the fact that most climbers 2nd their mentor for years and years (bla bla bla) b4 leading trad. you need to start on the ground and learn to place from there, period.

i will offer my rack and my climbing partners rack (i know you'll see this chris )

and we will show you how to place..we will show you our anchor systems that we use for the different areas. gosh eric, i know you are really excited as i am for you too...but slow down son...we want you climbing for a long time

awsclimber

Jan 29, 2003, 12:46 AM
Post #4 of 4 (2072 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Eric I might, emphasize might, be back in lancaster this weekend and would be looking for a partner probably on sun (the forcast looks partway decent than, almost spring like) I'd be more than happy to help get ya started, pm me
~Adam

Forums : Climbing Information : Regional Discussions

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook