First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next page Last page  View All

flagstaff_climber

Feb 13, 2003, 9:37 PM
Post #1 of 170 (4569 views)
Shortcut

Boycott france !
Report this Post
Can't Post

Instead of boycotting The North Face lets all boycott france (little f). I have had all I can stand from that irrelevant, ungrateful country full of rude people. They have made a national pastime of trying to increase their self importance by pointing out how unlike America they are. I cannot have any influence on removing them from the Security Council (and replacing them with India), but I can be sure that I do not support ANY company that has any connection to this nation of ingrates!

What gear companies have ANY connection to France ?

lox

Feb 13, 2003, 9:45 PM
Post #2 of 170 (4569 views)
Shortcut

Boycott france ! [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Every gear company wants a part of the French market... therefore, every one.

France is opposed to military action to achieve a resolution. As much as I disdain the French, I have to agree with them...

atg200

Feb 13, 2003, 9:46 PM
Post #3 of 170 (4569 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

[small]This topic was moved to the Community forum by atg200[/small]

Partner camhead

Feb 13, 2003, 9:48 PM
Post #4 of 170 (4569 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

hell, even germany is opposed to military intervention. scary when that happens.

anyway, yeah, if we boycott france, then that means that we're refusing to acknowledge all of its hella strong climbers, right? I'm all for it.

atg200

Feb 13, 2003, 9:48 PM
Post #5 of 170 (4569 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

dumbass. that would be like the rest of the world boycotting america for being a bunch of warmongers.

anyway, charlet moser and petzl are both french.

lox

Feb 13, 2003, 9:50 PM
Post #6 of 170 (4569 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

[quote="Lox"]The question is:

Is there a way to get to the end result which does not involved war ?

At this point, I still feel compelled to agree with Germany, France and Belgium... even though they are obvious freaks who's opinion usually means jack $#!&. lol.

I haven't seen any evidence that we should be invading this nation. Nothing presented has met the requirements GW Bush himself set up. The terror link doesn't hold water.

And Colin Powell looks like a %@#$ing buffoon quoting a grad student thesis from a couple of years ago to the UN.

And then there's this.

I understand where you are coming from. You see the good in all this because you DO only see the end result, and you ARE a little biased.

What I see is an unprovoked, preemptive military action by the US. This action and the buildup to this action make us look like the agressor to many muslims. The only "conclusive" evidence presented hasn't passed the scrutiny of academic peer review, much less the requirements of up-to-date intelligence information. And our %@#$ing public officials are reversing their stances/opinions/viewpoints to suit the task at hand.

I see a dangerous precedent set, based on public opinion and empty rhetoric, by people who will obviously say what they need to to get what they want.

Perhaps in your version of sensible government, this model works...

I expect more from the President of the United States.

flagstaff_climber

Feb 13, 2003, 9:52 PM
Post #7 of 170 (4569 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

The point is that after all we have done for Europe and france one should be able to expect a little more in the way of loyalty. Instead of making a national pastime of disagreeing with us for the sake of self image. Remember the Libyan bombing raid ?

What I wanted to know is what gear is manufactured there ? What companies are owned by the French ?

flagstaff_climber

Feb 13, 2003, 9:55 PM
Post #8 of 170 (4569 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

atg200 before you call anyone a dumbass why don't you think the issue through. Besides I would be more than happy to compare IQs with you !

atg200

Feb 13, 2003, 10:02 PM
Post #9 of 170 (4569 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

thank god france and the other european nations are standing up to our warmongering. i'm embarrassed to be a us citizen right now. your logic is just stunningly faulty - nothing like boycotting french climbing companies to get said country pushed out of the UN.

me is too dumb fer iq contest. mayhaps we can see who belches loudest.

thomasribiere

Feb 13, 2003, 10:03 PM
Post #10 of 170 (4569 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

hey stupid little old %@#$er!
many companies are french, up to you to move your ass to find them!

I spent 5 hours this afternoon and this evening PMing to some of rc.comers to give them infos on french crags and updating french crags on the route database. Then I come back to this forum where France is once again insulted!

OK, if you don't like the way Belgium, Germany, and france (with a little f if you want) this is your choice. But being outraged because we don't follow you is another problem! We are not your poodle or your jackrussell terrier or any little dog. We are not Tony Blair! Let us have our own way of thinking. If you think we must be boycotted OK!

Anyway, as Euro is much higher than Dollar, you just don't import much things from Europe, so i think it won't change anything!

peace!...

amsam

Feb 13, 2003, 10:05 PM
Post #11 of 170 (4569 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Well, France did help us gain our independance in that little thing called the Revolutionary War, and they gave us that Statue of Liberty. Lets just pretend that war never happened and that we made the statue ourselves. It hasn't exactly been just a one sided relationship with us helping them out everytime they need something and getting nothing in return.

I'm with France on this one, why should we go to war? And why should we get mad at them for not blindly following whatever we say?

micronut

Feb 13, 2003, 10:07 PM
Post #12 of 170 (4569 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I'm with every sane person who detests killing, war, and destruction, regardless of which political system they live under on this planet. Loyality to the sacredness of life is the only loyality that makes any sence.

Partner camhead

Feb 13, 2003, 10:09 PM
Post #13 of 170 (4569 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

yeah, let's get a flame fest going here!! haha. I say that anyone who has to flaunt his/her IQ is obviously lacking something. Don't brag, let your posts exhibit your merit.

flagstaff_climber

Feb 13, 2003, 10:09 PM
Post #14 of 170 (4569 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I can see why you would prefer peace, given your history with war. But if you had ever actually won one you would know that there is a place and a time for military action. We are at war and there is a real chance that Iraq could give at the least aid and comfort to our enemies and at the worst smallpox or a dirty bomb.

I am NOT a war monger, I served on a ballistic missile submarine capable of wiping most European nations from the face of the earth. Our mission was to prevent war and to protect the United States of America, we did that through shear force of military might !

Rick

flagstaff_climber

Feb 13, 2003, 10:12 PM
Post #15 of 170 (4569 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I was not flaunting, I just take great exception to being called a dumbass. And since I cannot belch that loudly, well I fall back on my IQ

Rick

atg200

Feb 13, 2003, 10:17 PM
Post #16 of 170 (4569 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

That sounds pretty warmongerish to me.

thomasribiere

Feb 13, 2003, 10:19 PM
Post #17 of 170 (4569 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I personnaly never won and never will win any war!
but france won some, and many of them. BEfore the USA did even exist. But that's absolutely not important. Dont always rely on the past.

You may work in a yellow submarine sending dwarves everywhere, but I DO PISS FURTHER THAT YOU DO.

lox

Feb 13, 2003, 10:20 PM
Post #18 of 170 (4569 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

It is amazing to think that YOU think that France should simply agree with whatever we say based on the fact that 50 years ago we stopped a holocaust which happened to occur right next to France.

Amazing.

These %@#$ing ungrateful french people, don't they know that they should do whatever we say because WE STOPPED HITLER ?

Narrowminded viewpoint for a critical thinker such as yourself.

And it's not hard to have "sheer military might" when your military budget is almost 7 times bigger than the next largest military budget in the world. (390 bil --> 60 bil, 2003)

Serving on a freakin submarine makes your viewpoint more biased and therefore less valid.

You go ahead and boycott French gear. I'd even buy any Petzl/Petzl draws you have on your sportrack...

GO THOMAS !!!! GIVE 'EM HELL, GIVE 'EM HELL!!! MAKE HIM EAT $#!& @!!!!!111

wigglestick

Feb 13, 2003, 10:25 PM
Post #19 of 170 (4569 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Ok, I can give up french toast and french fries. I don't see any french kissing in my near future, so that isn't a problem.

Partner camhead

Feb 13, 2003, 10:26 PM
Post #20 of 170 (4569 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Lox, what the hell use do you have of quickdraws?*

*other than to attach one to your arc'teryx backpack and walk around the UT campus talking loudly about the latest greenbelt profect that you sent in hopes of scoring one of those hippiehotties that are all over the area.

thomasribiere

Feb 13, 2003, 10:27 PM
Post #21 of 170 (4569 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Great to make me laugh after I got angry. Thanks dudes ^^^ and ^^.

[ This Message was edited by: thomasribiere on 2003-02-13 14:28 ]

curt

Feb 13, 2003, 10:33 PM
Post #22 of 170 (4569 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I'm doing my part. I switched to California wine years ago. Its better anyway. Hehe.

Curt

lox

Feb 13, 2003, 10:55 PM
Post #23 of 170 (4569 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Quickdraws make excellent gifts.

And I don't pose when I walk on campus... I freakin' builder. If the ladies want in on the scene... they just need to give a whatup...

kriso9tails

Feb 13, 2003, 11:47 PM
Post #24 of 170 (4569 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Kick France out of the Security council? The UN Security council that AMERICA OWES MONEY TO?

And quit bitching about your aid in WWII. I don't know if you noticed, but the US pretty much ignored the war for the first couple of years, yet you expect France to just jump right into your conflict. It's not that you should have been overly active at that point, but QUIT BRAGGING! You're not even under attack, and if you bring up Sept. 11th that's nothing compared to WWII Europe, of that I am certain. America did little to help the pain and suffering that was being inflicted upon the the Allies until America was under siege. Now granted that the US did not protest the Allies' efforts, but then again in that case the war was placed upon them; whereas here America seeks it out.

Even still I do not see the logic of this argument. If y'all liberated France, was it done in the name of "justice" or was it to simply obligate them? If I give a homeless man a dollar for a coffee, I didn't give it to him to get a dollar back with interest, or even worse have my son collect that dollar from his son. They have no obligation and don't seem to need you at the cost of their sons and daughters lives.

Partner camhead

Feb 13, 2003, 11:51 PM
Post #25 of 170 (4569 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

word.

First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next page Last page  View All

Forums : Community : Campground

Search for (options)

Username: