RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Slacklining

Premier Sponsor:

Partner matt

Feb 15, 2003, 11:01 PM
Post #1 of 3 (1414 views)
Shortcut

Houston area slacking
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

I'd love to get people together for some slacking sometime. We could do it weekly on say a Saturday morning or maybe just whenever it works out for everyone.

Anyone else interested?

There are a few parks I have in mind, if you have any suggestions don't hesitiate to say something.

I've listed three parks below where we would have plenty of room to slack. Meyer park and Cypresswood park (as you'll see on the maps) are both very close to each other (less than 1/2 mile). To give you a feel, they are both about 10minutes from the old Exposure rock gym. They're around Kuykendahl/1960 area. Both are pretty large with a creek running nearby, tracks to bike and run, as well as baskeball courts, soccer fields, and a baseball diamond, in case people want to stick around and do some other stuff.

Memorial park is off of 610South about 5minutes from the Galleria. Memorial park has plenty of running trails and all the other things the above two parks have. From what I know it's the largest park in the city. Needless to say, it's huge.

Here's maps outlining where they are:

Cypresswood park:
http://mq-mapgend.websys.aol.com/...40%24:%26%40%24x9%40

Meyer park:

Memorial park:

[ This Message was edited by: pushtheextreme on 2003-02-15 15:02 ]

gumbieclimber

Feb 25, 2003, 8:04 PM
Post #2 of 3 (1414 views)
Shortcut

slacklining gumbie [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

hey pushtheextreme, i had talked to you before about moving down from duluth MN, to houston....well i finally moved down and i live in the woodlands and ive been rockin the line lately. I just bought a new one because my others gotten stolen but it would rock if we could hook up for a session sometime...nobody down here has a clue what it is and im feeling really deprived. i wanna set up a highline somewhere but nobody else slack lines, so thatd be dope if youd want to...peace

Partner matt

Mar 1, 2003, 6:51 PM
Post #3 of 3 (1414 views)
Shortcut

Houston area slacking [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Yea man, sounds awesome! Great to hear you made it down here and moved in.

We def. need to get together sometime and slack. I'll warn ya I've a) never walked a highline and b) am def. not a pro with the line, but gosh I love it.

I just wish more people down here knew about slacking...hardly anyone seems to have heard of it.

In case you don't see this, I sent you a PM.

Anyone else up for some slackin'?

Forums : Climbing Disciplines : Slacklining

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook