RSS FeedRSS Feeds for US - South

Premier Sponsor:

funoutside

Feb 18, 2003, 6:51 PM
Post #1 of 3 (1021 views)
Shortcut

best climb at sams throne
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

Hey I am looking for info at sams throne. As most of you know the guide book is never to be found. I am wondering what your favorite spots at sams are. Basicly I am looking for a good concentration of trad 5.8 5.10 or even any fun sport. I hope yall can help me out. I really want to explore more at this crag but I do not want to hike all day to find it. :lol:
thanks

cheaterstick

Feb 21, 2003, 9:01 AM
Post #2 of 3 (1021 views)
Shortcut

Throne [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

If you can get to the main bluff (you'll be on top of it when you hike down from the parking lot), look out in the valley. The mound of rock on its own is The Throne. hike over to it and have a blast. Try Poison Ivy (5.7? 5 star, classic)- left facing dihedral crack, straight ahead of the trail. Or head aroung to the left and keep your eyes peeled. Trad ranges from 5.5 to 5.11+ (i think). There are a few bolted routes and mixed climbs in the 10+ range.

Toprope (or lead if you have the balls) Windy Armbuster (5 star, classic, 10c trad). On top of the main bluff above a wall of chickenheads, look left. A slighlty overhanging orange wall is 'Windy'. Two bolts for anchors. If you still can't find it, look on top of the bluff for ONE HUGE BOLT. This is a main anchor for several climbs, and provides a good tie off to drop a rope on Windy Armnuster. If you are facing the valley, with the bolt in front of you, Windy is directly to your right.

funoutside

Feb 22, 2003, 6:42 PM
Post #3 of 3 (1021 views)
Shortcut

best climb at sams throne [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

thanks man should help

Forums : Climbing Partners : US - South

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?
$292.46 (10% off)

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook