RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Gear Heads

Premier Sponsor:

sidepull

Dec 5, 2001, 11:35 AM
Post #1 of 3 (3265 views)
Shortcut

tenaya brand climbing shoes
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

There's a pretty good review of tenaya brand climbing shoes here:
http://www.france-climbing.com/english/rubrics/tests/tenaya.html
I'm wondering if any of you have actually used some of the shoes? Or if you know how to size them (i.e. comparisons with other brands would be nice).

rockpecker

Dec 13, 2001, 3:06 PM
Post #2 of 3 (3265 views)
Shortcut

tenaya brand climbing shoes [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

I've climbed in the 5.10 anasazi Velcro's since they came out. My friend got some Tenaya lace ups (I think they are the Scratch or the Sapiens) that were too big for him so I used them. I thought they were as good as or better than 5.10's stuff. The sole is a tad bit more soft than the Anasazi's so the shoe starts out like a worn in Anasazi. I belive the rubber performs equally to the 5.10 rubber. The Scratch and Sapien are basically rip offs of the 5.10 Anasazi Velcro and Lace up so size them accordingly.

jds100

Dec 21, 2001, 2:07 PM
Post #3 of 3 (3265 views)
Shortcut

tenaya brand climbing shoes [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Just got my Scratch a few days ago, and they are very similar to the Anasazi velcro, which is a great thing, since they cost only $49.95 US, and only $12 shipping (3 days!!). They might actually even have a slightly deeper arch bend, and a slight banana curve. One additional thing is that they are readily available from www.barrabes.com, whereas the Anasazi are not, or they are only available in wrong sizes. You don't pay Value Added Tax (VAT) if the order is under $100 (maybe $200, but I think it's $100).

Great shoe!!

Forums : Climbing Information : Gear Heads

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook