Forums: Climbing Partners: US - South:
Anyone going to the wichita's this week/weekend?
RSS FeedRSS Feeds for US - South

Premier Sponsor:

roadtriipper

Feb 25, 2003, 2:30 AM
Post #1 of 6 (1867 views)
Shortcut

Anyone going to the wichita's this week/weekend?
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

I'm going to be travelling through/near the wichita's on my way to Hueco and I'm thinking of climbing there on thursday to saturday or at least a day in there. Does anyone live around there and know what the conditions are like these days? And is anyone else heading out there to climb, I'll be solo and will need another partner(s) other wise it sounds like there is some bouldering to keep me occupied. Any beta would be much appreciated.

mike_ok

Feb 25, 2003, 2:41 AM
Post #2 of 6 (1867 views)
Shortcut

Anyone going to the wichita's this week/weekend? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

its FREEZING here (i live in Oklahoma City)... today topped out at 12 degree F with a "feels like" of -5. Snow on the ground. Supposed to stay in high 30's for the rest of the week, with possible snow again on Wednesday. I wouldn't plan on climbing this area til maybe next monday (supposedly back to the 60's starting next week, but tops in the 30's all through the weekend).

roadtriipper

Feb 25, 2003, 2:48 AM
Post #3 of 6 (1867 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Well I'm from the north but, that doesn't sound like anything that I want to be climbing in. Thats for sure. I guess I got a day till I leave and I don't think that anything is going to change as far as the temps there go. I'll send out another question then: Does anyone know of any climbable places in between Central illinois and Hueco? You see I'm leaving Illinois on wednesday and am headed for Hueco. I need a place in between if at all possible.

nangaparbat

Feb 25, 2003, 2:55 AM
Post #4 of 6 (1867 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I live in Texas and we got hit with what OKC got hit with. But, Arkansas has some good climbing so I hear. I have never been, but I have several friends that have been. The Witchitas are a nice area, but if the weather is bad it is just bad. Watch the weather and check around about Arkansas. If you are up for the drive Austin has some real nice climbing too. Check out www.texasclimbers.com
hope this helps.
Matt

mike_ok

Feb 26, 2003, 2:23 AM
Post #5 of 6 (1867 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I can give a thumbs up to climbing in Arkansas, but the weather is the same there. High's in the upper 30's throughout the week.

roadtriipper

Feb 26, 2003, 4:00 AM
Post #6 of 6 (1867 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Well thanks for the help guys. But it is not looking good anywhere right now. So I'll just take my time getting to Hueco, hopefully by the weekend. El Paso's weather has never failed me yet. Climb on!

Forums : Climbing Partners : US - South

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook