RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Technique & Training

Premier Sponsor:

jumaringjeff

Dec 13, 2001, 3:02 PM
Post #1 of 3 (1476 views)
Shortcut

technique on overhanging climbs
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

Hey everyone. I'm looking for some technical pointers for climbing on overhanging routes. I try to 'hang' on my hands rather than pulling all the time, but I still seem to get pumped rather quickly. One thing I'm confused about is how to use my feet to my advantage (it seems as though when I'm on an overhanging route, all of my weight is on my hands, even when my feet are on). Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Happy jumaring,
jj

case22

Dec 13, 2001, 3:14 PM
Post #2 of 3 (1476 views)
Shortcut

technique on overhanging climbs [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Always keep your arms straight. If you can, it's always good to make your move, shake out an arm, then make another move. However, you're not shaking out your arms while 'hangdogging' You're resting on the hold that you have. About the whole feet thing; my friends and I always try to trust our feet even more. You have to stay on your toes and push with your legs. Sorry if you can't understand that, but it's the best way that I can explain it!

talons05

Dec 13, 2001, 4:43 PM
Post #3 of 3 (1476 views)
Shortcut

technique on overhanging climbs [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

You will use a lot of abs on overhangs as well. Sit ups and crunches will help with this. Your abs help your feet stay on the wall. You will need to learn to "pull" with your feet as well as push. See if you can get a book or get online somewhere and look up the "bicycle move"

AW

Forums : Climbing Information : Technique & Training

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook