RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Beginners

Premier Sponsor:

vaness

Dec 13, 2001, 4:10 PM
Post #1 of 9 (2267 views)
Shortcut

i am a newbie
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

if there is any site that can tell you that stuff its this one. i would start with buying a harness then shoes. but you got to find a really expierenced climber to go climbing with you and teach you stuff. make sure they know what they are doing! or you could go to a gym and take some lessons. how many times have you been climbing?

Partner pianomahnn

Dec 13, 2001, 4:12 PM
Post #2 of 9 (2265 views)
Shortcut

i am a newbie [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Welcome newbie!

Number one thing I can suggest is start browsing though this here beginners forum, then go through the other forums to learn more.

Now, was your friend speaking of real outdoor climbing, or indoor gym climbing? Because they are two very different things.

In outdoor climbing there are significantly more risks that are not related to human error (falling rocks, dangerous wildlife, etc) where with indoor climbing, every injury I know of would be related to human error.

Climbing isn't just something you do after we tell you about it on the internet. You need to become skilled in certain things before setting off. I would suggest maybe finding an indoor gym in your area, www.indoorclimbing.com, and going in to check out the fake stuff. Gyms tend to have well educated staff members who should be more than willing to show you gear, and sign you up for a class on basic techniques such a knot tying and belaying.

So, get some training, learn things, be safe, and then have some fun. Remember, fun comes after safety, because without safety, the fun can get shut down REAL fast.

Also, it's quite a bit more dangerous than paintballing.

nikegirl

Dec 15, 2001, 9:31 AM
Post #3 of 9 (2265 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

welcome!

Your in the right place...this is the best site!!
read-up!!!

Lots of valuable information and great people.

T

passthepitonspete

Dec 16, 2001, 1:12 PM
Post #4 of 9 (2265 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

With this tune as a backdrop,my reply is spoken with the voice of Margaret Hamilton:

"I'll get you, my pretty, and your little RURP too!

AHHH-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha!"

[diabolical Wicked Witch of the West laughter]

Voice of Clara Blandick:

"Oozing Pustule ... just because you own half the page with your big red letters doesn't mean you have the power to run the rest of us! For
TWEN-TY THREE years I've been dying to tell you what I thought of you ... and now ... well -- being a Christian man -- I can't say it!"

talons05

Dec 16, 2001, 1:15 PM
Post #5 of 9 (2265 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Umm... Do you two know each other?

AW

passthepitonspete

Dec 16, 2001, 1:32 PM
Post #6 of 9 (2265 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Sheesh. As per usual, I worked like two hours to craft that one up. For some reason the sound doesn't work for me when I click on the links - I get this geo-whatsit error message.

If you have trouble, try this - it worked for me. First open up another window on your browser. Then click on the sound links above, and when you get to the error message, cut and paste the url into the separate window that you set up and it should work.

Once you load up the three sound bits and play them, you can go back to the post and the links will work.

Cheers,

Clara

P.S. Of course I know him - he's Frank Morgan

pranagoddess

Dec 18, 2001, 11:53 AM
Post #7 of 9 (2267 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

okay package. i am 15 n have been climbing since i was like 3. climbing is nothin like paintball, which i also play. if u wanna climb u have to learn the difference. paintball, not to put anyone down, isn't a sport. it's a pastime for kids that have sport no ability, and want some kind of fun. you don't have to have any kinda of ability, except to know how to shoot a gun and run. big deal, u following me? climbing is something that u have to practice to get good at. i know people that have been climbing all their lives and they can't climb higher then maybe a 5.9 or at the hardest 5.10a. in order to get help...u need to show u are worthy of being taught.
you can feel free to ask me whatever u want to know if u give me a good reason to tell u.
listen to the "great ooze". he might be a little out there (crazy would be a good word for it)...but he knows if someone is willing to be taught or not.

squeeks

Dec 24, 2001, 4:53 PM
Post #8 of 9 (2265 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

i love this site! why cant all of you live in colorado?

kam_ill_eon

Dec 26, 2001, 12:06 PM
Post #9 of 9 (2265 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Start out at a gym and learn how to climb and if you are going to enjoy climbing in the first place. Then ask the people who work there what would be the best thing for your style and experience and then visit www.mountainworks.com. I think that is the site. They have an awesome collection and will help you out tons. Good Luck

Forums : Climbing Information : Beginners

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook