RSS FeedRSS Feeds for US - South

Premier Sponsor:

willstrickland

Mar 10, 2003, 11:22 AM
Post #1 of 2 (972 views)
Shortcut

Tallulah Gorge -Digital Delight Question
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

I climbed this thing last summer while in GA visiting the folks. After reading through a few route descriptions lately (Dixie Cragger's, on this site, on another TR on the web), I have a question....

All the route descriptions say for the 3rd pitch you climb an Orange corner on the right. I assume this means right of the belay, which is itself directly at the base of a dihedral. So is this another dihedral (I do remember chalk and orange rock about 10ft right) or do they mean climb the right face of the dihedral at the belay?

I climbed straight off the belay, it was a little run-out with a poor micro about 8 feet off the belay and then I think I got something in about 20 ft out. The moves involved a hard lieback move right above the micro-nut (they felt 5.10 ish, but would probably be 8 or 9 if you're over 6ft tall). Then a couple of thin crack moves in the dihedral and finishing on the vertical left wall of the dihedral with good holds.

So, did I climb a variation to the original line? I had been in Yos for about 6 weeks, and Index for a week that summer, then took a month off and climbed it while visiting my folks. I was leading solid .10d/.11a trad at the time and this thing (the 3rd pitch) felt harder than 5.8

Anyone know?

tradpuppy

Mar 10, 2003, 12:07 PM
Post #2 of 2 (972 views)
Shortcut

Tallulah Gorge -Digital Delight Question [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

Actually, that right facing dihedral with the thin crack is the right way, as far as I know, so I'm pretty sure you did it correctly, off the good sized ledge. Yes, it is a little small/thin on gear, as I recall. It's been nearly 10 years, I didn't lead that, but I remember small nuts...including mine :lol:

Forums : Climbing Partners : US - South

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?
$80.06 (10% off)

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook