RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Big Wall and Aid Climbing

Premier Sponsor:

climberfrazier

Mar 24, 2003, 1:03 AM
Post #1 of 8 (4102 views)
Shortcut

Whiteside boulders
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

I was told that there are boulders the size of a house at the base of the cliff at Whiteside, nothing like boone ,but a few problems for a quick fix.
I don't know if it's true or not, but if anyone can help I would appreciate your help.

dirko

Mar 26, 2003, 1:32 AM
Post #2 of 8 (4102 views)
Shortcut

Whiteside boulders [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

It may not be a quick fix because the way to the base of Whitesides is more of a trudge than a flit. By this I mean 30+ min of rough trail. I don't remember there being any boulders, but I don't want to discourage you... seems like there should be. Just come prepared to hike.

P.S. If you go make sure to get legit directions, unless you are feeling luck.

subantz

Jul 31, 2009, 4:33 PM
Post #3 of 8 (3543 views)
Shortcut

Re: [climberfrazier] Whiteside boulders [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

So I did a search and here it is. I am wondering if there is anymore info 6 years later? Here or Big Green. Or anything near the elliot rock? Anything in the general area.

avalon420

Sep 6, 2009, 4:04 AM
Post #4 of 8 (3447 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

BOULDERS!!!!! This is the big wall/ aid forum

subantz

Sep 11, 2010, 2:16 PM
Post #5 of 8 (3183 views)
Shortcut

Re: [avalon420] Whiteside boulders [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

avalon420 wrote:
BOULDERS!!!!! This is the big wall/ aid forum
SO WHAT DOES IT MATTER TO U CHALK BAG.
I wants da truth now. Boulders or NO.
Spill it

curator

Sep 11, 2010, 3:17 PM
Post #6 of 8 (3171 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Years ago, 1998? I heard rumors of boulders beneath Whitesides. The directions I got were not that they were at the base of the cliff but well below and roadside. There is a loop road that passes below the main face of Whitesides. It is called Whiteside Cove Rd. Get on google maps to find it. I drove this road and about halfway along the loop there is a bunch of rock roadside. I got out, walked around a bit and drove away. Nothing to write home about. As I recall there were some corridors between boulders and shortly after leaving the area and driving east the cliff came into view. An amazing view of the main face. These are the best directions I can recall. Don't know if these are even the same ones you're asking about but....around Brevard the same rumors of steep rock tend to circulate for years and never amount to much.

Disclaimer: these are old foggy recollections that I never would have offered if anyone else had any better info. You might find nothing at all as they may have blasted the whole area to make room for a development. Check it out.

subantz

Sep 11, 2010, 3:30 PM
Post #7 of 8 (3160 views)
Shortcut

Re: [curator] Whiteside boulders [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

curator wrote:
Years ago, 1998? I heard rumors of boulders beneath Whitesides. The directions I got were not that they were at the base of the cliff but well below and roadside. There is a loop road that passes below the main face of Whitesides. It is called Whiteside Cove Rd. Get on google maps to find it. I drove this road and about halfway along the loop there is a bunch of rock roadside. I got out, walked around a bit and drove away. Nothing to write home about. As I recall there were some corridors between boulders and shortly after leaving the area and driving east the cliff came into view. An amazing view of the main face. These are the best directions I can recall. Don't know if these are even the same ones you're asking about but....around Brevard the same rumors of steep rock tend to circulate for years and never amount to much.

Disclaimer: these are old foggy recollections that I never would have offered if anyone else had any better info. You might find nothing at all as they may have blasted the whole area to make room for a development. Check it out.
Danks
I have asked a few freinds who have climbed there
This is what I get.
WHO LOOKS FOR BOULDERS AT WhiteSides?
Fuckers. Tanks again Google Earth see ya in 5, 4, 3 ,2 ,1 ..........................

yodadave

Sep 12, 2010, 3:47 AM
Post #8 of 8 (3144 views)
Shortcut

Re: [subantz] Whiteside boulders [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Ok so here's my beta. I climbed there about a year ago, it was pretty good but no better than other stuff the same drive for me. The problem for me was access it's kind of a gated community deal so park on the downlow or 4x4 down the gravel road. I think the residents are fine with bouldering as some came out to join us. Any other questions?

Forums : Climbing Disciplines : Big Wall and Aid Climbing

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook