RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Trip Reports

Premier Sponsor:

climbingcowboy

Mar 14, 2003, 8:47 AM
Post #1 of 5 (1586 views)
Shortcut

E-rock/Reimers Trip report
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

Well I ventured out to Austin,TX. last weekend (3/8-9) to climb with a friend CJ (rodeomountain), we meet up Friday night and went partying and listening to livebands (Austin is famous for this), needless to say we drank way to much and passed out around 4am. Morning came all to soon (8am) and off to Enchanted Rock we went. As we drove through the mostly flat ranch areas I began to wonder wether there was a rock out here but sure enough baam heres this huge granite formation in front of us. The hike in isn't to bad unless you have a killer hangover, needles to say the hike sucked. We went to the back of the formation to Triple cracks good fun climbing that quickley ended when a group of 15 kids and 6 parents showed up to setup TR. We left and went over to Motorboat rock CJ lead his first trad climb Navy Route 5.7, a fun little route great first lead, then we TR a thin little 10 crack to right of it dont think it has it a name. Next we moved off to the left and CJ did his first aid C1 on a 5.12 route on TR. Afterwards we drug are lifeless bodies back to bar for another night of hell rasing.

Sunday morning we headed over to Reimers Ranch with his brothers and there girlfriends. What a beautiful place to climb lots of routes, shade, and right next to the river. We started off on Protoype Wall we did 8 Flake, then I lead Prototype a classic 5.10c lots of fun, then Bisector a 5.10a. We ended up going to Oblivon Wall from there and two easy fun routes Got a Dollar 5.7 and Gut Punch the Budda 5.9. After that we went to Dead Cats Wall and did a 5.9 with hard crux move at the top My Name Is Mud, and finished up the day by leading two really fun 5.7s Clawing Zoe and Rolly Polly Coco Kitty. All in all a great trip if your ever down that way check both those places out.

Partner sauron

Mar 24, 2003, 7:17 PM
Post #2 of 5 (1586 views)
Shortcut

E-rock/Reimers Trip report [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
did you go swimming?

IIRC, swimming at Reimer's, is of questionable legality..

- d.

climbinganne

Mar 28, 2003, 3:03 PM
Post #3 of 5 (1586 views)
Shortcut

Re: E-rock/Reimers Trip report [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

[quote="climbingcowboy" As we drove through the mostly flat ranch areas I began to wonder wether there was a rock out here but sure enough baam heres this huge granite formation in front of us.
The Pedernales River and it's tributaries hold massive amounts of climbable limestone.

There not just A rock out there.

climbincajun

Mar 28, 2003, 3:25 PM
Post #4 of 5 (1586 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
In reply to:
did you go swimming?

- d.
Since when is swimming at Reimer's of questionable legality?
I have been there upwards of 20 times and have never NOT been swimming...

rodeomountain

Mar 28, 2003, 4:06 PM
Post #5 of 5 (1586 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
The Pedernales River and it's tributaries hold massive amounts of climbable limestone.

There not just A rock out there.

We took 71 to Llano and there's not much visiable rock from the road.

In reply to:
daisyfay wrote:
did you go swimming?

- d.

Since when is swimming at Reimer's of questionable legality?
I have been there upwards of 20 times and have never NOT been swimming...

There's no way in hell you would have got my skinny butt in that cold water. I have been swimming out there but I think you would want to pick your times to do so. By that I mean make sure there isn't anybody fishing at the time. There was a post on Texasclimbers.com the following Monday with a fisherman bitching about the noise being made by the climbers. I would think it would be a matter of common courtisy to respect their time of fishing, by not jumping in the water next to them.

Climbing with Geoff (cowboyclimber) was great. He was very patient while I cursed my non-crack climbing skills, while leading my first trad route. I never thought I would've ever fell on a 5.7. But, the fall did give me faith in my placements and eased my mind. But anyway, I had a great time climbing with Geoff and look forward to getting to Cali. soon. Although we're going to have to sorten the morning drive if we're going to stay up all night drinking.

Forums : Climbing Information : Trip Reports

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook