RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Technique & Training

Premier Sponsor:

orestes1724

Dec 23, 2001, 4:56 PM
Post #1 of 7 (1922 views)
Shortcut

stronger arms
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

i can only do one pull up but after i climb i can do more, my arms get so tired so fast when im climbing that i cant hold oh very well and it takes me a long time to climb because i have to rest my arms. it doesnt happen outdoor only in the gym i think its because i do a lot more climbs in the gym because when i go outdoor we go with a lot of people and ou have to wait a while to climb. how can i keep my arms from getting tired so fast or make them stronger.

toyotakid

Dec 23, 2001, 5:07 PM
Post #2 of 7 (1922 views)
Shortcut

stronger arms [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

just keep practicing pull ups. and start doing girl push ups(on your knees) they both help alot. and make sure you do them all the time. maybe in the morning and in the evening. you will get stronger

ecchastang

Dec 23, 2001, 6:18 PM
Post #3 of 7 (1922 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

buy a nicros NEXGEN hangboard

orestes1724

Dec 25, 2001, 9:52 AM
Post #4 of 7 (1922 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

thanks guys, i will try that. i got some stuff to work my arms for christmass so that should help. thanks agaain.

Partner pianomahnn

Dec 25, 2001, 10:22 AM
Post #5 of 7 (1922 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

DON'T buy a Nicros Nexgen hangboard. They're attention to quality is pathetic, and they are not symetrical, which means you're training will leave your body uneven in muscle. You're much better off purchasing a board from Pusher, or Metolius.

ratstar

Dec 26, 2001, 8:38 AM
Post #6 of 7 (1922 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

or Fuse. I think there web site is up now. It should be up shortly if its not already.

jds100

Dec 26, 2001, 9:47 AM
Post #7 of 7 (1922 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

If you're pumping out fairly quickly (too quickly, by your own judgement), then you probably don't have a strength problem as much as an endurance one.

I strongly suggest that you get into a routine for about 6 weeks of either climbing on a self belay device at a gym, where you can go up (and preferably down, too) on the easiest possible routes available for 20 - 30 minutes non-stop. If you can't do laps, then do traverses (bouldering) on the easiest holds you can, for the same time period. The objective is to avoid a pump completely, and just do continuous climbing/bouldering for the specified period of time. Yes, it gets boring, so you may want to bring a walkman, or something.

This super-easy work will develop capillaries, and they will supply a greater amount of blood to the muscles, so when you do climb on harder stuff, you won't pump out so fast.

It takes discipline to do this work, but it will pay off in a big way! Do this twice a week, at least one set (period of time) per "workout". Since it's really hard not to climb on more challenging stuff, go ahead, even on the same day. Just do the workout first, and allow yourself plenty of rest after the workout (about 10 -15 minutes) before you move onto harder routes and problems. You will actually see results a little faster if you completely avoid climbing at your limit during the weeks of doing this workout, but that's asking a lot. Just make it part of what you do in the climbing gym, and be dedicated to doing it.

Forums : Climbing Information : Technique & Training

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook