RSS FeedRSS Feeds for General

Premier Sponsor:

climberchic

Dec 27, 2001, 7:08 PM
Post #1 of 5 (1631 views)
Shortcut

How do you protect your crag?
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

I'd like to hear of ways and suggestions by RC.com members of how they protect the integrity of their crags (cleaning up and low-impact camping) and if they are actively involved in trying to keep their climbing areas open. Also, some disreputable examples that you have witness by other (hopefully) climbers.

hangerlessbolt

Dec 27, 2001, 7:31 PM
Post #2 of 5 (1631 views)
Shortcut

How do you protect your crag? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Being considerate of other users of the area as well as fellow climbers. And, of course, picking up after yourself and others.

"common sense is not all that common"

Partner rrrADAM

Dec 27, 2001, 9:02 PM
Post #3 of 5 (1631 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I donate regularly to the Access Fund. Of the over 1,000,000 climbers in the US, only 13,000 are members. It takes a lot of $$$ to undo the public damage created by climbers who do not ACT responsibly. i.e. Trash, Obnoxious Behavior, Bolting when not allowed, Trampling Vegatation, etc...

I also carry trash bags in my packs to pack out mine and others' trash. I also speak up when I see people acting in a way that is 'anti-access'. And I write letters to Congressmen when matters have gone to that extreme.

rrrADAM

orestes1724

Dec 28, 2001, 12:43 AM
Post #4 of 5 (1631 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

the place i go has broken glass and bottles everywhere, its hard to climb without getting glass in your hand or sometimes your eyes. the fire dept. had a clean up but its still pretty bad because people party at the top. when we go we usually take all the bottles that arent broken in a trash bag so that it doesnt get worse, but it still gets glass because people who throw the bottles off the top.

squeeks

Dec 28, 2001, 1:13 AM
Post #5 of 5 (1631 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

some places i go always has piles of cigarette butts everywhere. there is your occasional bottle and cans but i never leave there with out a bag full of trash. i cant stand people that are that disrespectful to the environment, especially climbers that destroy or litter up all the crags. if i wanted to climb in the dump, i would build a climbing wall at the local dump. its not that hard to pick up after yourself. always leave your area cleaner then it was when you arrived. no one should know that you were ever there.

Forums : Climbing Information : General

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook