Premier Sponsor:

First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 5 Next page Last page  View All

passthepitonspete

Apr 17, 2003, 4:04 AM
Post #51 of 124 (14046 views)
Shortcut

praise to passthepetonspete [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

In reply to:
So are you trying to say i am incapable of forming my own opinions, independent of PTPP's
influence?? it is awefully presumptuous to claim to know what i am thinking, when you have shown
that you don't even understand what i am saying.

Now, bad spelling notwithstanding, I laughed my ass off at this!

I had to read Bryan's post three times, and I confess I still couldn't make heads nor tails of what Bryan was trying to say. It's like the voice of illogic is followed by the voice of reason. Michael, I feel your pain when people do not understand or do not read what you have clearly written.

Your client,

Pete

P.S. Look! I respectfully request people stop attempting to flame Michael! Every time he comes back, he's gonna ask me for a higher hourly fee! Sheesh.

climbinganne

Apr 17, 2003, 4:07 AM
Post #52 of 124 (14046 views)
Shortcut

praise to passthepetonspete [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

She even published its picture here on the website

ummmm..no i didn't butt if you insist...

THIS IS MY HAND...THIS IS PETE'S ASS

screw it..i actually did link it to a thread...ppl..i need to get beach clothes together..i'm getting naked in the sun for easter...

argue as much as you want..

i like pete...i like a person that makes me laugh...he is safe (my friends are still alive)

on this upcoming wekend, i am going do do something i have never done...talk any bit of OMFG...religion...

Jesus saw a crowd chasing down a woman to stone her and approached them. "What's going on here, anyway?" he asked. One of the crowd responded, "This woman was found committing adultery and the law says we should stone her!"

"Wait," yelled Jesus, "Let he who is without sin cast the first stone."

Suddenly, a stone was thrown out from the sky, and knocked the woman on the side of her head.

"Aw, c'mon, Dad ... " Jesus cried, "I'm trying to make a point here!"

www.boldering.com

STFU...and have fun...

coyoteblues

Apr 17, 2003, 4:23 PM
Post #53 of 124 (14046 views)
Shortcut

Still confused? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
I had to read Bryan's post three times, and I confess I still couldn't make heads nor tails of what Bryan was trying to say.

Then maybe I could help! I found it relatively straightforward and quite clear in meaning. Maybe the sarcasm of the last paragraph escaped you, no? Maybe it was something else. In any case, feel free to "Ask Dr. Coyote" anytime you are confused by a social interaction. Just make sure you title your post "Ask Dr. Coyote..." and be very specific with your questions. (But please keep your questions in a public forum. I hate that little PM game, and I really need the exposure to build up my reputation as a completely wonderful person.) :lol:

(And please notice the extra work I went through to try and get the spelling and grammar right in this post. Although there may still be an error or two, I think I deserve lavish praise for my efforts.)

Partner tim

Apr 17, 2003, 5:25 PM
Post #54 of 124 (14046 views)
Shortcut

Re: Still confused? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Yeah, but you forgot to bold-ify every third word, and consult a thesaurus when your well ran dry.

"I'm a member of polysyllabics anonymous!
I have to say 'extended means of ground transportation'!
I can't just say 'bus'!"

16-year-old bolderers SHOULD visit b.com. And stay there, until they decide they're interested in something other than pure spray. What the hell a boulderer is doing in the aid forum, I have no idea...

nb. Why shouldn't Bryan be flaming the guy? If xanx rolls over to b.com and spouts off like this, he's going to get the same treatment, albeit a bit more concisely. The fact of the matter is that he's out of his depth.

Or, for the other erudite teenyboppers: STFU!

brutusofwyde

Apr 20, 2003, 5:59 PM
Post #55 of 124 (14046 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
(And please notice the extra work I went through to try and [sic] get the spelling and grammar right in this post. Although there may still be an error or two, I think I deserve lavish praise for my efforts.)

Should be "to try to get both spelling and grammar correct..."

although the whole expression needs work.

Other than that I have nothing to add to this thread. Piton, Copperhead, and lots of others on this site could climb circles around me, I just drop in once in awhile to see what I can either learn or contribute.

hth,

Brutus

flamer

Apr 20, 2003, 10:40 PM
Post #56 of 124 (14046 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

On the subject of Ms. wallress committing hersay, I would point out a long tradition of respect that climbers and many others adhere to. My point is this...If someone say's something to you, you don't need to repeat what they said to others, especially if what is said is negative.
Example?? If someone were to call Pete an arsehole(which would never happen), and Pete was not there to hear it , Then Melissa is WISE not to go dragging them into this mess! I, To have heard well known and respected climbers scoff at Pete. But that conversation was between us or them and someone else. IT IS NOT RESPECTABLE for me to come hear and start (or add to) a thread proclaiming- " George W. Thinks Pete's an Arse".
Hersay? I think Melissa is simply doing the respectable thing by not drawing these folks into this "war".
Besides she's right..simpler is "the better way"!!! :)
josh

coyoteblues

Apr 21, 2003, 2:01 AM
Post #57 of 124 (14046 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
In reply to:
(And please notice the extra work I went through to try and [sic] get the spelling and grammar right in this post. Although there may still be an error or two, I think I deserve lavish praise for my efforts.)

Should be "to try to get both spelling and grammar correct..."

although the whole expression needs work.

hth,

Brutus

Awesome! I have a detractor! This must mean I'm the most bitchin' wall climber alive! You know, it's only a truly great one who has detractors.

Reminds me of the time I was soloing my home woodie. I was really knackered by a PDH/DFU move. Pull the move and unending glory and praise would be heaped upon me. But if I blew it, I would have been mattress food for sure. I got up into the top step of my Russian aiders with my adjustable fifi tightened to precisely the right length as only a Wall Doctor of my incredible testicular mass can do and reached high and right with my scepter. Since I am left-handed, the move took my full concentration and unbelievable dexterity. But even with my fully extended scepter, the fixed head set between the wood panels remained out of reach. That is when I created the now patented* big wall Russian Aider dyno! Yes kids, that's right, Dr. Coyote did a full-on, four point dyno from his Russian Aiders and hit a perfect clip with a keylock Petzl into a #1 fixed head, and it held. (A full trip report will follow.)

So there you go, you big Brute, No matter the lengths you go to try to stymie Dr. Coyote, you will never succeed. That is simply because my long dong has no compare!

I am Dr. Coyote and this is my first (and I hope last) signature post.

PLEASE DO NOT REPLY TO THIS POST!
Unless of course you intend to praise the great Doctor or bump this thread up to its proper place of prominence at the top of the forum page. [hint]

I should also throw a crumb of thanks to all the little people {a.k.a. Big Wall Gumbies} who helped me haul gear to the base and carry my loads off the top.

*Any future mention of the now patented big wall Russian Aider dyno must reference this post and give full praise to Dr. Coyote its inventor. You may contact my agent to negotiate media rights for this or my other tales of wonder and amazement.

epic_ed

Apr 21, 2003, 4:28 AM
Post #58 of 124 (14046 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Dude, that was freakin' hilarious.

Ed

clmbng_addict

Apr 21, 2003, 5:19 AM
Post #59 of 124 (14046 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Haha yeah it was.

atg200

Apr 21, 2003, 6:33 AM
Post #60 of 124 (14046 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Brilliant. You should get your own forum for that... Oh, uh, nevermind.

socalclimber

Apr 21, 2003, 12:58 PM
Post #61 of 124 (14045 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

That was funny! ATG, I'm now going to bombard you with emails/pm's to start a whole new forum.

copperhead

Apr 21, 2003, 11:36 PM
Post #62 of 124 (14045 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Dr. Coyote,

Excellent. Most excellent...

Though I wouldn't mind hearing more "detraction" from Brutus. He knows what's up.

coyoteblues

Apr 22, 2003, 1:33 PM
Post #63 of 124 (14045 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
He knows what's up.

No doubt! I remember Brutus from my years of lurking (and periodic posting) on rec.climbing. Yep, his posts are always worth a read.

brutusofwyde

Apr 23, 2003, 5:28 PM
Post #64 of 124 (14045 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
*Any future mention of the now patented big wall Russian Aider dyno must reference this post and give full praise to Dr. Coyote its inventor. You may contact my agent to negotiate media rights for this or my other tales of wonder and amazement.

D@mn you, I just spluttered coffee all over my keyboard and monitor!

Brutus

Partner rrrADAM

Apr 30, 2003, 5:38 PM
Post #65 of 124 (14045 views)
Shortcut

re: praise to PTPP [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

First... That's hillarious, Dr Coyote... I could even hear a 'Nadian accent when I read your Spray-o-Log paridy. I almost killfiled it before I scrolled up to look at the author and realized, then started laughing my ass off. Very good use of bold, linked, enlarged, and colored font. :wink:

In reply to:

It is possible PTPP is a jerk, or he might be a really nice guy. You can't be sure. The wise man would wait to meet PTPP himself before formulating an opinion. Only a fool, Mr. Wallruss, would use hearsay to support his argument.

Ummm... You didn't even realize that Ms. Wallrus was female, so I think you have proven that it is very easy to formulate an incorrect assessment of someone over the Net. Even when the facts & history are staring you in the face.

The fact is that 95% of PTPP's fans have never met him, and of the over 50 members of the site who finally got the chance to meet him, only a handfull still remain a fan.

I will agree that "hearsay" is invalid, unless the hearsay is the consensus of most (95%) who have met him. To use an analogy... This is how we rate climbs, right ??? Many people climb the route, and the general consensus is averaged into the accepted rating of the climb.

Just do like most... Praise him, meet him, be embarased that you were duped, then ignore him.

Who knows, maybe you will ramain in the 5% of obsequious sycophants that make up his fan base. Until then, you too are acting on the hearsay of the good doctor himself. :roll:

(This post was edited by rrrADAM on May 1, 2008, 5:58 PM)

cantwinifyoudontplay2003

Apr 30, 2003, 7:28 PM
Post #66 of 124 (14045 views)
Shortcut

Re: re: praise to PTPP [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Think I will be in that 5%.
We are all climbers and the idea is to have fun.
So is that true PTPP is a jerk ?

Some people are just not cut out for aid...........
go back to sport

Partner jules

Apr 30, 2003, 7:29 PM
Post #67 of 124 (14045 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

$5 says PTPP doesn't post in this thread again until one of his die-hard "fans" posts some disgusting display of hero worship and makes an idiot of his- or herself. Then Pete's ego will become properly inflated again and he'll be able to bump his self esteem up a little bit more by spraying about something absolutely ridiculous and/or putting down someone who is much more well-liked than him while everyone else stares on in amazement at what a total ass he is.

That's the way it goes every time, with little variation.

Hey Pete... why don't you attempt to defend yourself for a change? Why don't you own up to what you do? In the year and a half I've been here, I haven't seen a single thread in which you reply to what you're being called on instead of bringing up something completely irrelevant or ignoring the charges. Coward. Get some goddamn dignity.

It eludes me how anyone who knows anything about him could possibly idolize a person like Pete.

cantwinifyoudontplay2003

Apr 30, 2003, 7:41 PM
Post #68 of 124 (14045 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

well Jules, I guess you told him.....
You can still help us haul some gear around the valley.
We won't hold it against you.

Partner rrrADAM

Apr 30, 2003, 8:17 PM
Post #69 of 124 (14045 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:

Some people are just not cut out for aid...........
go back to sport

I mostly Trad brutha... Most of the same pro as Clean Aid, I just don't hang on every piece by standing in aiders, I like to have my hands and feet on the stone. :wink:

Partner jules

Apr 30, 2003, 10:51 PM
Post #70 of 124 (14045 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
well Jules, I guess you told him.....
You can still help us haul some gear around the valley.
We won't hold it against you.

Aww, cute! You sound just like him.

Does he call you Mini-Me?

Do you have a thing for harassing teenage girls, too?

Partner calamity_chk

May 1, 2003, 12:18 AM
Post #71 of 124 (14045 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

why are we posting to this thread instead of the one that copperhead started? i'd rather see bryan's thread on the front page than "praise to ptpp"

apollodorus

May 1, 2003, 12:38 AM
Post #72 of 124 (14058 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

There are no Dr. Piton detractors using this website. Those are vile lies invented by the blood-sucking bastards who would lie to you for their own villainous purposes. Right now, as you read this, the detractors are offline and committing suicide with their free AOL disks, and we are encouraging more of them to do the same. When the poisonous detractors line up together, like a boa constrictor snake, we will stretch it out properly and cut it into pieces. Then, Sordan will roast the bellies of the rat-bastard detractors on the fires of hell. Truly, there are NO detractors. I now inform you that you are too far from reality.

atg200

May 1, 2003, 2:23 AM
Post #73 of 124 (14058 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

been drinking apollodorus? i suppose that little rant was better than yet another kicking baby animation.

rrradam - have you ever met pete? correct me if i'm mistaken, but i don't think you have. seems like you are as guilty of injecting hearsay and conjecture as anyone. i've met pete, and i like him much better in person than online. he acts like a human being then, and not his online cartoon persona that gets so cloying after awhile.

juliana pretty much hit the nail on the head like usual though. the effort to praise the goofball little kid who apparently just bought a thesaurus made me gag. nobody bought into that line of crap for a second, yet pete treated it like gospel. absurd.

apollodorus

May 1, 2003, 3:00 AM
Post #74 of 124 (14058 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Not drinking, reading this website:

http://www.welovetheiraqiinformationminister.com/#quotes

Partner rrrADAM

May 1, 2003, 4:16 AM
Post #75 of 124 (14058 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

You are right Andy, I have never met him, but I have been the recipient of most of the complaints. It's always the same thing, only change is the number whove complained.

Andy, did I get anything incorrect in my facts ???

If so, let me know. Don't get me wrong, from what I hear, his technical knowledge is 2nd to few... It's his character and private actions I have issues with.

First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 5 Next page Last page  View All

Forums : Climbing Information : Trip Reports

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook