RSS FeedRSS Feeds for US - South

Premier Sponsor:

skerry00

May 5, 2003, 3:35 AM
Post #1 of 11 (2097 views)
Shortcut

Arkansas climbing partner
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

I'm looking for a partner on the weekends, I have been climbing sport for several years, I live in Pine Bluff but am willing to drive almost anywhere!

arostecrux

May 5, 2003, 4:06 AM
Post #2 of 11 (2097 views)
Shortcut

Re: Arkansas climbing partner [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Yo I live in fayetteville. I'm not a bad ass but I am working my way into the 5.13 sport range. Myself and climbers here usually drive east towards the buffalo. Many many opportunities in Newton Co. Ever been to HCR?

bsignorelli

May 10, 2003, 3:03 AM
Post #3 of 11 (2097 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I'm in little rock and would climb with you.

Being in Pine Bluff probably means Chenal Mtn near Little Rock is the closest. They have some TR as well as sport (5.8-5.11/12).

Let me know when you want to come in town and I'll try to show you how to get there and stuff.

Bryan

climbrgrl2454

May 14, 2003, 1:20 PM
Post #4 of 11 (2097 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I live in Shreveport, LA...about four hours from Little Rock. I've been searching for a new climbing partner since I moved from Cali. I probably won't be back in the states until the end of this year, but I'll go whenever possible when I'm home.

Ali

keebler

May 14, 2003, 11:15 PM
Post #5 of 11 (2097 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Hey! I live in Little Rock and am out at Chenal quite frequently, but to the point if you ever see me out there ill give you a belay. I probably have met you, but I usually bolder and not climb. Im a short kid named Lije.

bsignorelli

May 15, 2003, 12:32 AM
Post #6 of 11 (2097 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
I live in Shreveport, LA...about four hours from Little Rock. I've been searching for a new climbing partner since I moved from Cali. I probably won't be back in the states until the end of this year, but I'll go whenever possible when I'm home.

Ali

Cool, please do look me up when you get back in the states. Bossier is actually about 3.5 hours from LR if you go through Hope, AR.

But really, if you aren't going to be around till the end of the year then I should have completed my tour of all that Arkansas has to offer by then and would be glad to introduce you to my circle of climbing friends.

Bryan

climbrgrl2454

May 15, 2003, 6:48 AM
Post #7 of 11 (2097 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Sweet, no problem. I'll definately give you a buzz when I get back. I'm supposed to be over here for six months, maybe longer. War sucks. Alrighty, well I'll holla at ya later. Take care.

Ali

climbrgrl2454

May 15, 2003, 6:50 AM
Post #8 of 11 (2097 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Sweet, no problem. I'll definately give you a buzz when I get back. I'm supposed to be over here for six months, maybe longer. War sucks. Alrighty, well I'll holla at ya later. Take care.

Ali

justbe

May 29, 2003, 5:33 AM
Post #9 of 11 (2097 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Greetings!

I saw the lady starting this thread was from Pine Bluff...SO AM I!

I moved here in January.

Most of my climbing has been in the gym, although I have done various climbs in the Great Falls, Md area. My experience is all top-roping though I am hoping to increase my skills and experience to move into lead climbing.

Anyway, I would love to do some climbing again soon....I am only available on the weekends for the most part, although with enough advance notice and a good enough climb I would be willing to take a day off of work.

Did you guys hear a rock gym is opening in Little Rock this July?

A

bsignorelli

Jul 7, 2003, 11:17 PM
Post #10 of 11 (2097 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
I moved here in January.

Welcome I guess :) I moved here in December and there is a bunch of rock to climb and a lot of people to meet and climb with.

Pine Bluff makes it a bit longer of a drive but still worth it, especially if you make a weekend out of it.

In reply to:
My experience is all top-roping though I am hoping to increase my skills and experience to move into lead climbing.

Horseshoe Canyon Ranch has a large amount of easy/moderate sport climbs on their North-Forty wall.

It's getting a bit hot but we have been going somewhere almost every weekend since February. Feel free to email/PM me and I can keep you in mind when we decide to do things.

In reply to:
I am only available on the weekends for the most part

So are we. If we make a weekend out of it we would leave after work on Friday or Saturday morning and come back sunday evening. Sometimes we will make 3 day weekends out of it.

In reply to:
although with enough advance notice and a good enough climb I would be willing to take a day off of work.

I am supposed to be going to Chattanooga on July 19-20 to climb with some friends but I am always open to getting a group together. I have two friends who are being wishy-washy on committing to going, if you (or anyone else) are/is interested in going let me know.

In reply to:
Did you guys hear a rock gym is opening in Little Rock this July?

I saw the blurb about it on this website today and it looks like it will be a nice thing to have around here.

Cyas,

Bryan

chimpy

Aug 22, 2003, 6:45 PM
Post #11 of 11 (2097 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I'm also in Shreveport, looking for a partner/group to climb with starting late Sep/early Oct. I'll be driving up and will gladly give rides to anyone on the way wanting to climb.

RD

Forums : Climbing Partners : US - South

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook