RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Suggestions & Feedback

Premier Sponsor:

orangeoverhang

May 6, 2003, 3:32 PM
Post #1 of 3 (879 views)
Shortcut

Australia section problems
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

This is an on-going problem that I hope someone can fix for me. The way the route database is viewed for the Australia section goes something like this

Oceania
Australia
States (Victoria, New South Wales ect..)
Region (Arapiles)

I imagine sometime in the dark distant past the 'States' section did not exist. There is areas listed on the top level of 'Australia' which cannot be viewed by clicking throught the routes database BUT can be selected when people are adding photos to the database. People also seem to be able to add new areas to the top level of 'Australia' through the 'add photo' function. This makes for some confuseing doubles of regions/areas. As a 'State Manager' I can only delete areas created within my States and cannot remove the redundant areas on the top level of the 'Australia' section. I hope this isn't too confusing!! Can someone please get in contact with me to sort this mess out!

Neil

Partner philbox

May 6, 2003, 4:29 PM
Post #2 of 3 (879 views)
Shortcut

Re: Australia section problems [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Hiya Neil, I may be able to help as I can go anywhere in the routes DB. I`ll PM you to see if I can help.
...Phil...

doughboy

May 6, 2003, 5:42 PM
Post #3 of 3 (879 views)
Shortcut

Re: Australia section problems [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Can we get rid of the "Australia" State/Country completely ? Others have had problems with this too - Perhaps something like ..
Australia - VIC
Australia - NSW
Australia - WA
Australia - SA
etc. (There's only 8, so it shouldn't be too much of a problem)
... in order to make it clear for those adding photos from the "submit a photo" link (as opposed to "add a related shot") that you need the state level region in order to be able to get to the correct areas

Forums : Rockclimbing.com : Suggestions & Feedback

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook