RSS FeedRSS Feeds for US - East Coast

Premier Sponsor:

joseph

May 14, 2003, 4:02 PM
Post #1 of 12 (2386 views)
Shortcut

Weekday Gunks partners wanted - May-Nov
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

I'm looking for some reliable, regular weekday partners to second as I work my way up the grades at the Gunks. I'm using the Gunks Select guidebook, and am planning to lead all the classics, up to my level of ability. I'm currently on the 5.7s, and will be breaking into the 5.8s soon. My level of ability: I've climbed some Gunks 5.9s and 5.10s, and I regularly climb hard 5.11/easy 5.12 in the gym. I'm not about chasing numbers; rather I wish to take my time and enjoy the best of the Gunks. The kind of partner I'm looking for is laid-back, patient and meticulous about safety. I prefer a partner with experience as a second, but not necessarily specific experience with the routes I wish to lead (I enjoy the adventure of on-sight lead, and prefer not to have the "crutch" of a partner with beta). My experience; I've led about 100 Gunks pitches, and seconded dozens more.

rockgoddes

May 14, 2003, 7:31 PM
Post #2 of 12 (2386 views)
Shortcut

Re: Midweek Gunks partners wanted [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Hi Joseph,

I would love to get some time in at the Gunks this summer. I have some experience climbing there; I have followed up to 5.9.

I am very concerned with safety. I don't care much about ratings, just as long as I am having fun and climbing hard. I want to be climbing, that's all I need!

I have off the week of May 19-24, and then July and August. During June, I have all Fridays off.

I would be interested in meeting up at a gym and getting to know you a bit first.

I think we have similar outlooks and are at compatible climbing levels.

Hope to hear from you!

Adrienne

richardaiken

May 14, 2003, 9:17 PM
Post #3 of 12 (2386 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I worked my way through most of the 3 star 5.8s and some of the 5.9s and I follow easy 5.10s so you and I can probably get along! I prefer to follow but I'll do occassional leads. See my profile for details of my climbing. I've done over 75 routes at the Gunks and can navigate fairly well there.

I prefer Monday to Friday but I'll do some Sundays, too. Best to call me at 407-963-6515 and let's climb! I have a partner for May 19 and May 23 but the other days next week are open.

Rockgoddess, (or anyone else!) call me or email me if you want to climb with me.

clmbng_addict

May 14, 2003, 9:47 PM
Post #4 of 12 (2386 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

You can put me down, too, I'm hoping to get out to the gunks as much as possible this summer. I've only been there twice so far, and I don't lead trad yet (hoping to learn this summer). I should be fine following up to 5.9s, maybe some 10s, but i don't make a big deal out of ratings either, I just want to climb and have fun. PM or email me if you're interested, my summer vacation starts tomorrow :) .

barnes33

May 26, 2003, 8:26 PM
Post #5 of 12 (2386 views)
Shortcut

Re: Weekday Gunks partners wanted - May-Nov [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

count me in. i jsut moved back from colorado where i wa climbing sport. im building my rack and learning trad right now. i am looking for laid back good climbing days. barnes33@aol.com

jhwnewengland

May 26, 2003, 9:20 PM
Post #6 of 12 (2386 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I can't believe so many people are interested! "Partner wanted to second all the trad leads I want to do." I gotta take out an ad like that...

enigma

May 27, 2003, 3:11 AM
Post #7 of 12 (2386 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
I can't believe so many people are interested! "Partner wanted to second all the trad leads I want to do." I gotta take out an ad like that...

If you send me a plane ticket to New York,I'll go :wink: And I'm fun,too. :!:

multisport

May 27, 2003, 1:22 PM
Post #8 of 12 (2386 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Joseph,
I am definitely interested. I started sport leading this season and want to get into trad so following a more experienced climber is just what I am looking for. I went to the Gunks, for the first time ever, just a couple of weeks ago and loved it so much that I bought a season pass. If it wasn't for the weather I would have spent this whole week at Camp Slime but the weather is bound to improve so PM me if you want to meet up.

nbujak

Apr 3, 2006, 3:16 AM
Post #9 of 12 (2386 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

What an add.
I need someone to belay me as I work my way up the climbs at the gunks.
(Actually I would probably prefer if you were safe and dependable and avaialble all the time and f you did not climb at all so I could go out and do what ever I wanted).
I suggest get into aid climbing you can solo alot fo routes without having care what your partner wants to do.
Or (this might sound bad) get a girfirend.
They are usually dependable, and if they care avaialble, and if they like you they might deal with the bullshit.
Poor girlfriend. Feel sorry for her already
Would not want to in her shoes.
Have you read your post recently.

garrettweaver

Apr 3, 2006, 5:16 PM
Post #10 of 12 (2386 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Hey.

Your plan sounds great. I go to school at potsdam state university, but will be in syracuse for summer break. I have 8 entire weeks off in the summer and plan to do a great deal of climbing. I have only climbd at the gunks once, but have climbed in the dacks many times. I have led up to a 5.5 in the gunks (horseman, double chin) and 5.7 in the dacks (latter, snake slide). So if you would like to climb with me just email me at weaver08@potsdam.edu or call me 315-391-3429.

Thanks,

Garrett

alpine_monk

Apr 3, 2006, 5:29 PM
Post #11 of 12 (2386 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Well, I might be interested but unfortunately I know beta on most routes in the grades you mentioned… oh and I have an opinion, which you don’t seem to like in a partner. Too bad huh?

nbujak

Apr 5, 2006, 3:32 AM
Post #12 of 12 (2386 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

i liek climbers with opinions
and usually beta is good
and ill let you lead if you let me lead, and i do ahve experience
are u looking for a partner
call me 3045506746

Forums : Climbing Partners : US - East Coast

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?