RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Sport Climbing

Premier Sponsor:

rockjock04

Dec 29, 2001, 4:11 AM
Post #1 of 4 (2220 views)
Shortcut

Indoor lead climbing?
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

Ok, Granted I know nothing about anything except top roping and bouldering, But I was wondering how you lead climb in gyms. at one of the gyms here in OH, It over hangs. If your on the overhang and fall, how do you get back to the roof? and another question is, do you climb it in multi pitches or just when the guy gets done with the route, he slides down with the rope, then unties it and pulls it back through? I was just wondering cause I hate not knowing. Thanks in advance

Josh

puffpuffpass

Dec 29, 2001, 6:28 PM
Post #2 of 4 (2220 views)
Shortcut

Indoor lead climbing? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

my first recomendation is to excuse my spelling i spell faneticaly second to get a better idea go and watch how it works it will make more sence. but for now in the same order as asked if you fall into the void you got options first lower down untie and try again, numero two boink back up to the roof heres the easy way to do it have your belayer jug up till there feet are off the ground you grab the rope infront of you and do a pullup and let go you belayer goes down and you move up alittle bit to make it work faster have the belayer jug up to the first draw, and do several pullups. next i highly doubt they do it like a multi pitch but i have done it just dicking around but normaly the climber get lowered down and unties and if someone else is going to climb it they will ether pull the rope and lead it or they will back lead the route (top rope) and unclip all the draws except the last anchors. i this all makes sence
peace, peace like a motherf---er

rockclimberdude

Jan 2, 2002, 11:08 PM
Post #3 of 4 (2220 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I like the idea of indoor leading it gets you ready for real rock. On the overhang if you fall you just have to climb it again that is one of the details of sport climbing and to get the rope you usaly have somone top out on it when you get done leading it to get the draws down.

treyr

Jan 4, 2002, 9:52 PM
Post #4 of 4 (2220 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Usually if you fall on a roof you have to get lowered and do it over unless you can swing over and grab back on.You can also snap up You can climb multi pitches or do a single pitch which is done like you describe. Remember though most sport climbing accidents happen when someone lets the rope slide through the belay device. Always tie a know at the end of your rope. But remember have fun!

[ This Message was edited by: treyr on 2002-01-05 06:53 ]

Forums : Climbing Disciplines : Sport Climbing

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook