Forums: Climbing Information: Regional Discussions:
The Prow
RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Regional Discussions

Premier Sponsor:

mother_sheep

May 16, 2003, 7:55 AM
Post #1 of 2 (1143 views)
Shortcut

The Prow  (North_America: United_States: California: Yosemite_National_Park: Yosemite_Valley: Washington_Column)
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

Is the prow a good beginner climb? I've only done Touchstone so far and I'm looking to step it up a bit while in the Valley. Is the route pretty straight forward? Do any of the pitches go free? Do I need a cheater stick? As far as ease of the route goes, which pitches are the easiest and why and which are the hardest and why? I've also looked at the south face and I'm thinking that may be more my speed at this point. South face can be done in a day right????

dingus

May 16, 2003, 8:01 AM
Post #2 of 2 (1141 views)
Shortcut

Re: The Prow [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

In reply to:
Is the prow a good beginner climb? I've only done Touchstone so far and I'm looking to step it up a bit while in the Valley. Is the route pretty straight forward? Do any of the pitches go free? Do I need a cheater stick? As far as ease of the route goes, which pitches are the easiest and why and which are the hardest and why? I've also looked at the south face and I'm thinking that may be more my speed at this point. South face can be done in a day right????

Yes.

Yes.

Yes.

Not if you can top step. (Robbins didn't have a cheater stick when he drilled those things, you ought to be able to clip them)

What, is this a test in essay form? They're all about the same. Don't over analyze... just climb it.

Nah. Do the Prow, it's a better big wall type climb and less garbage at the top.

By competent parties, yes. For the less than competent, the Kor Roof can take purt near all day. (3 bolts and an A1 crack)

DMT

Forums : Climbing Information : Regional Discussions

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?
$11.66 (10% off)

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook