Forums: Climbing Information: Regional Discussions:
"Colorado Trail" snow conditions
RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Regional Discussions

Premier Sponsor:

wigglestick

May 21, 2003, 5:37 PM
Post #1 of 2 (1039 views)
Shortcut

"Colorado Trail" snow conditions  (North_America: United_States: Utah: Salt_Lake_-_Utah_Counties: Rock_Canyon: Black_Rose)
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

Due to a recently separated shoulder I am forced to find other ways to entertain myself over memorial day weekend, other than climbing. I was thinking about going backpacking. Sections 3 & 4 of the Colorado trail look appealing. Does anybody know what the snow conditions are like? I am worried about snow making the trail impassable over Kenosha ridge. The highest point on the trail is around 10,000 feet so I don't know what to expect. Or does anybody have any other suggestions for a 3 day 2 night backpacking trip that is relatively close to the Front Range and is moderately challenging, yet possible with only 1.5 functioning arms?

sandbag

May 21, 2003, 6:18 PM
Post #2 of 2 (1039 views)
Shortcut

Re: "Colorado Trail" snow conditions [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

Heres a couple: Cataract Lake area, north of Silverthorne In the Eagles Nest Wilderness, and the Commanche Peaks Wilderness Area. Those are great, and not allowing off road vehicles, aka 4 wheelers is a positive for these two areas. Good luck on the shoulder seperation, ive been there too.

jason

Forums : Climbing Information : Regional Discussions

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook