RSS FeedRSS Feeds for The Ladies' Room

Premier Sponsor:

enigma

May 22, 2003, 7:05 AM
Post #1 of 20 (2691 views)
Shortcut

Moisturizers
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

--Obviously Dry Skin from the Elements Pose a Particular Problem for the Face and Body especially in the throes of summertime at the crags.

So What's Your Favorite Moisturizers for the skin on the face and body
??

Lately I've been using Vitamin E oil, and some aveda products; as well as
Vaseline Intensive Cream. I have used that Burt Bee's too;but its pricey.

summitsprite

May 22, 2003, 8:22 AM
Post #2 of 20 (2691 views)
Shortcut

Re: Moisturizers [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

i usually will get what is on sale if it doesn't seem to liquid-ee -- i have a friend who i road tripped with - she used plan ole vaseline. i found some booty and still have it -- it's great for you hands - it is called badger healing balm--
vic

Partner missedyno

May 22, 2003, 3:21 PM
Post #3 of 20 (2691 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

yeah i've heard of those really expensive kind of "bars" of moisturizer that's marketed to climbers.

i personally like glysomed, i took it on a trip to mexico, so the smell reminds me of that climbing trip when i use it :D. they've got different types, one for hands, and one for body... i figured why not and used the hand cream on my entire body (it's really thick stuff) and i was a little grease ball! so um yeah, don't do that

i don't understand the people that let their hands dry out - keep em rough for climbing - after i climb i'm sure to put lots of moisturizer on. my hands have wonderful callouses for climbing, don't hurt anymore when i go outdoors (as long as that's often enough) and i've *never* had a flapper.
my partner is a carpenter so you'd think he'd have really rough hands... well he's got some pretty neat scars but his hands are so soft! and trust me, i've seen him playing with the campfire, the skin on his hands is crazy thick (he burnt himself once while cutting our climbing rope... didn't really feel it but it was a cool blister)

sroehlk

May 22, 2003, 6:41 PM
Post #4 of 20 (2691 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

For the body I use Hoofmaker hand, nail, and body cream. It's made by Mane 'n Tail. LOVE THE STUFF!!!

winter

May 22, 2003, 8:35 PM
Post #5 of 20 (2691 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I've recently switched to teh best stuff ever! No more scaly skin on the backs of my arms. It's called Dream Cream and it's made by Lush. I use that for body, glysomed for just hands and Afterlife (also luch) for face. My face is soo much nicer since I started wtih the Lush stuff. I'm kinda addicted, I also use their bar shampoo, super good for travelling since it doesn't spill!

gretchino

May 22, 2003, 10:02 PM
Post #6 of 20 (2691 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

For my body I'm addicted to the Body Shop's Body Butter (Nut or Cocoa are the good ones)...it's a bit pricey ($18 :shock: ), so when I'm jonesing really bad, Trader Joe's Body Butter is pretty good. It's smells like Rosemary and Peppermint...not too bad. It's not as thick and long lasting as the Body Shop, but works really well none the less!

For my face, something Alpha Hydroxy with at least 15 SPF!! NO need for wrinkles!

moabbeth

May 23, 2003, 1:15 AM
Post #7 of 20 (2691 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

For the face either Clinique's dramatically different moisturizing lotion (SO clean!!) or Burt's Bees moisturizer for face and neck.

For the rest of the bod, it's all Clinique's Body Butter. You have never felt a more amazing cream on your skin, it leaves it feeling as soft as buttah..... :lol: And the tub of it lasts a decent while.

farasnyl10

May 23, 2003, 1:39 AM
Post #8 of 20 (2691 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

ditto on the lush stuff....i've got this foot cream made by them called poivre pieds---looks kind of like chocolate pudding, but works great....

as far as the rest of my body, i've gotten hooked on this sugar scrub made by bath and body works--the sugar part helps exfoliate, and the liquid portion is an oil of some sort that helps to moisturize...if i've used this in the shower, i almost don't even NEED to use lotion afterwards.

if i do, i like nivea body lotion, unscented.

Partner phylp

May 23, 2003, 1:43 AM
Post #9 of 20 (2691 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

The best mass market stuff for the body is anything made by Cetaphil. It's all hypoallergenic and fragrance free. I have very sensative dry skin and I love it. For the face I use the Neutrogena fragrance free stuff. (I tried the Clinique dramatically different but it made my face break out). For a splurge I love a product called White Moss by Acca Kappa. The scent drives my husband crazy. You can get in through their website.

footoo

May 23, 2003, 2:10 AM
Post #10 of 20 (2691 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I'm a horse trainer so besides climbing I'm outside all day with my hands in water, leg brace, and so on even in the winter. This all leads to really dry hands which even crack and bleed in the corners. I use bag balm (yes the same stuff they use on cows not what you buy at walmart) then if they are really bad I even wrap them with band-aids.

For my face I just use a little bath and body works lotion, but not too much or I'll break out.

eowyn1025

May 24, 2003, 2:07 AM
Post #11 of 20 (2691 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

i'm all about this stuff called Avojuice that my hair dresser sells. it's not greasy at all and it smells really good...really light. the peach scent is my personal fav. Victoria's Secrets lotion is really nice but i prefer unscented and their unscented is different than the smelly ones that feel good. hm. they're too expensive anyway. Hey that bag balm works so well! smells awful but it's the best. and one last one: i'm in love with Burt's Bees stuff. especially the lip balm.

hstewart

Jun 2, 2003, 9:06 PM
Post #12 of 20 (2691 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I've tried a million facial moisturizers, and finally found one I love--Daily Hydralaunic Cream from BeneFit. It's perfect for sensative and break-out prone skin...and very hydrating. It's hard to find though...Sephora carries it, as does benefitcosmetics.com.

For hands, Bath and Body works salt scrub is amazing. I have a jar next to my sink. It removes dead skin (but leaves those precious callouses in place) and has oil that leaves your hands super soft.

gretchino

Jun 4, 2003, 4:38 PM
Post #13 of 20 (2691 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
I've recently switched to teh best stuff ever! No more scaly skin on the backs of my arms. It's called Dream Cream and it's made by Lush.

I just ordered this on the web and CAN'T wait to get it!!

winter

Jun 4, 2003, 5:39 PM
Post #14 of 20 (2691 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

You will soon be like me and be addicted to all of their products! I can put handfulls of the stuff on and it never feels greasy. It 's made with all natural stuff too which is nice!

enigma

Jun 4, 2003, 6:32 PM
Post #15 of 20 (2691 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
You will soon be like me and be addicted to all of their products! I can put handfulls of the stuff on and it never feels greasy. It 's made with all natural stuff too which is nice!

Is this like a salt scrub??? I'd like to try it . Can I buy it in a store??? I like to put moisturizers in the bathtub. The scent is important too. :P

winter

Jun 4, 2003, 7:15 PM
Post #16 of 20 (2691 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

No, Dream Cream is a lotion, but they do also make a body scrub. They also make, you'll love this, solid moisterizer bars specifically to go in the bath. THey are like little bars of oils and cocoa butter and whatever else that you put in teh bath and they melt. Unfortunatly for you, there are no lush stores in teh US, only Canada, the UK and some other places. You can order online from california, they ship to there from Vancouver. The website is www.lush.ca (com?). Make sure you look at the canadian not the UK website for your stuff. Good luck, it's so worth getting!

gretchino

Jun 10, 2003, 2:21 PM
Post #17 of 20 (2691 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I just got my dream cream and I love it! It is amazing. I was a little disappointed when I opened the container (which is adorible by the way) because it didn't look thick at all....and it's not. That is the cool part of it!

I love the stuff and will soon be hooked, I know it. The sucky thing is that I live in San Diego and it costs me $15 a pop to get it shipped out to me...I guess that's no different from the Body Shop's Body Butter.

Thanks again Winter!

Partner missedyno

Jun 13, 2003, 12:48 PM
Post #18 of 20 (2691 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

so is it a scam or is it true that you aren't supposed to use the same moisturizer on your face as you do on your body?

or is that just a big fat marketing scam?

enigma

Jun 13, 2003, 10:39 PM
Post #19 of 20 (2691 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
so is it a scam or is it true that you aren't supposed to use the same moisturizer on your face as you do on your body?

or is that just a big fat marketing scam?

Moisturizers for the face are usually more gentle for sensitive skin and have less irritants.
The ones for the body sometimes contain perfumes and such. Usually there is a price differential as well, you use far less to moisturize your face.
Additionally face moisturizers have different ingredients that are more soothing and expensive.
Best to check the labels for specifics.
Example would been recent addition of alpha-hydroxy in face creams and various vitamins, retinol, and various herbal additives.

Partner missedyno

Jun 15, 2003, 5:22 PM
Post #20 of 20 (2691 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

ah, thanks. when i asked the girl at the store she looked very horrified - like the skin was going to peel off my face if i used a Body Moisturizer on it.
feh. feh i say to that!

Forums : Community : The Ladies' Room

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook