RSS FeedRSS Feeds for US - South

Premier Sponsor:

galt

Jan 10, 2002, 7:51 PM
Post #1 of 5 (1733 views)
Shortcut

New Wall in Orlando
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

UCF (University of Central Florida) has just opened a new gym containing a climbing wall. The wall is 41 ft. high (not 60 as I originally thought), has 11 routes with 3 auto-belaying devices. Although the routes are not rated I'd GUESS they range from 5.6-5.10. Not terribly difficult, but I'll take it. We are in the process of Naturaling (climbing it without hand or foot holds) it and it has supposedly been done by a girl. Ton of fun!
Unfortunately it is only open to the students of UCF, but give me a e-mail (chandlerd@hotmail.com) if you are interested, I'll see what I can do. [IF I get you in it will be free.] So climb on everyone, and have FUN!

[ This Message was edited by: galt on 2002-01-10 19:53 ]

kahuna3602

Jan 12, 2002, 8:51 PM
Post #2 of 5 (1733 views)
Shortcut

New Wall in Orlando [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

I've seen pictures of this wall and it looks awesome! They were posted from an Adventure Race there on campus. If I had know they had such a cool looking wall I would have signed up for it!

galt

Jan 13, 2002, 12:27 AM
Post #3 of 5 (1733 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Where are those pics at? I WAS IN THAT RACE. We all had fun (I have a gash in my knee from where I fell while running) and it was a great race. Unfortunatly the "wall" took all of 2 min. (took me longer to get on my harness), but the rest of the events were awsome too. Do me a favor and tell me where you saw those pictures. Thanks so much.

coach

Jan 17, 2002, 10:58 AM
Post #4 of 5 (1733 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Galt,
I am originally from Orlando and went to Colonial High and attended FTU (the old UCF) back in 1971 (giving away my age now!). My family is still in Orlando and I do get back from time to time. Would love to try out the wall if at all possible (maybe for an old time student?). Will drop a PM next time I am in town.

Climb On

blackcat

Feb 20, 2002, 5:36 AM
Post #5 of 5 (1733 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I live on the west coast and am a beginner, and I wonder if UCF has a reciprocal agreement with other state universities where a USF student could use a UCF facility. Do you happen to know if any such agreement exists? My grandparents, uncle, aunt and cousins all live in the Osceola/Orange area, and I get over there about four times a year.

Forums : Climbing Partners : US - South

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?
$17.06 (10% off)
$8.96 (10% off)
$17.06 (10% off)

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook