RSS FeedRSS Feeds for The Ladies' Room

Premier Sponsor:

dirtineye

Jun 19, 2003, 10:50 PM
Post #1 of 18 (2871 views)
Shortcut

Dirt Barbie
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

Give me Dirt Barbie or give me death!

Although climbingbetty22 has right of first refusal, I am taking applications for the Dirt Barbie route first ascentionists. I will scout an unclimbed area that will have a climbing management plan in place before long, choose some nice looking lines, and invite some real Dirt Barbies to second or lead.

These climbs will be on steep southern stone, in tennessee, from 1 to 4 pitches and will be trad, mixed if needed.

Possible other routes could be the Tom-boy Traverse, We Don't Need No Stinking Dresses and Girls Just Want To Place Gear.

There are a LOT of potential routes to name, your solicitations are welcome

I heartily encourage other climbers in areas across the country to take up the cause.

This is dead serious. I'm not joking. Unlike a tampon, there are no strings attached. Your serious suggestions are welcome.

kentuckysarah

Jun 20, 2003, 1:14 AM
Post #2 of 18 (2871 views)
Shortcut

Re: Dirt Barbie [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Good idea. I'd do it, but sorry I haven't started on trad yet...I'm just a sport climbing dirt barbie :wink:

Sarah

katydid

Jun 20, 2003, 8:05 AM
Post #3 of 18 (2871 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I want to put up a really wandery route with another girl climber and call it "Real Men Don't Ask For Directions." :mrgreen:

k.

dirtineye

Jun 20, 2003, 12:28 PM
Post #4 of 18 (2871 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Sorry Kentucky sarah, a sport climbing girl can only be a dust barbie. To be a DIRT BARBIE you must climb trad!

Hey this is a serious post. NO kidding around. Even though it is in deepest not so darkest Tennessee, there won't be any bajos playing. There won't be any flush toilets or lighted makeup mirrors either, but since when did that bother a true DIRT BARBIE?

IT's not like there is only one route to do. We need women to put up routes and give them suitable girl oriented names.

I'm shocked that with that "ladies. let's lead!" thread, and all those responses, more of you do not want to do FAs. IF you think leading a route is good, you need to try an FA. A 5.6 FA is better than a 5.10 repeat.

Don't you female climbers want to have a special place mostly done by women? Isn't it about time Normal CLimbing Women showed the world that you don't have to be in a climbing mag to go out and put up a route?

This is a chance to be a part of climbing history. Why witness history when you can make it? Come on you dirty dirt barbies, sign up today! If you are too far away to drive to Tennessee, start your own area DIRT BARBIE project!

I'll try to post some pictures, maybe that will get a response.

Katydid, doea that mean you are willing to do a route on the dirt barbie wall? I know CLimbingbetty22 will do some, she had not answered cause she is away from civilization til the weekend, but it takes a village of dirt barbies to show the world that normal trad climbing women can not only lead, they can FA too.

Partner missedyno

Jun 20, 2003, 12:34 PM
Post #5 of 18 (2871 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

i'm just starting out on trad - buying gear and all. so i guess i'm a dust barbie. damn.

leave me a healthy 5.3 or something....

mwbtle

Jun 20, 2003, 1:14 PM
Post #6 of 18 (2871 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
I want to put up a really wandery route with another girl climber and call it "Real Men Don't Ask For Directions." :mrgreen:

k.

hehehe...thats such an awesome idea Kate. :)

I'd volunteer but I'm only a dirt barbie in training. Don't even have a rack yet...

granite_grrl

Jun 20, 2003, 1:22 PM
Post #7 of 18 (2871 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Okay, lets have some clarification on the classification of women climbers:

Trad climber - Dirt Barbie
Sport climber - Dust Barbie
Top Roper - ???
Boulder - ???
Aid climber - ???
Ice climber - ???

Any combinations of the above - ???

sroehlk

Jun 20, 2003, 1:38 PM
Post #8 of 18 (2871 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Sorry - I guess I'm just a "dust barbie" for now

Bummer - dirt barbie sounds cooler

angelaa

Jun 20, 2003, 3:04 PM
Post #9 of 18 (2871 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
Sorry Kentucky sarah, a sport climbing girl can only be a dust barbie. To be a DIRT BARBIE you must climb trad!

OK I lead Trad, but I am a [brown]brunette[/brown]. . . do I still qualify? as a Barbie I mean?

maculated

Jun 20, 2003, 4:23 PM
Post #10 of 18 (2871 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I think I am a Dirt Midge. :)

OK:
Trad climber - Dirt Barbie
Sport climber - Dust Barbie
Top Roper - Wet Nap Barbie
Boulderer - Spike Barbie (you know how Barbies have permanently formed high heel feet? Spike heels . . . )
Aid climber - Haul Barbie
Ice climber - Ice Barbie, clearly.

iamthewallress

Jun 20, 2003, 5:20 PM
Post #11 of 18 (2871 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
In reply to:

OK I lead Trad, but I am a [brown]brunette[/brown]. . . do I still qualify? as a Barbie I mean?

I guess you'll have to settle for Dirt Skipper. :wink:

granite_grrl

Jun 20, 2003, 6:16 PM
Post #12 of 18 (2871 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
In reply to:
In reply to:

I guess you'll have to settle for Dirt Skipper. :wink:

Wasn't Skipper Blonde too??

dirtineye

Jun 23, 2003, 2:40 AM
Post #13 of 18 (2871 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Now look here, this is a serious thread. I have talked it over with one ofhte other developers, and he liked the idea of a girl-FAed wall.

All you spray-b!tches, it's time to put up some routes. Lead or get off the crag. And if all yo ucan do is 5.6 or 5.7, well, lok around at the other crags. SOMEBODY put them up. and there are a lot of good 5.6-5.8 routes around.

So get to training and prepare to lead. This one is in Tennessee. If htat is too far, find another FA crag and cal out the dirt barbies!

katydid

Jun 23, 2003, 12:49 PM
Post #14 of 18 (2871 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Hey, I'm in. I was talking to my boyfriend about this, and we came to the conclusion that we girls should put up a line on a sweet little slab that's got really delicate footwork and call it "Ballerina Barbie," then find a really yucko grotty crack and call it "Dirt Barbie."

...well, I thought it was funny.

Anyhoo, I only climb about 5.5 trad, so any harder climbing Dirt Barbies out there want to put up the tough lines?

k.

dirtineye

Jun 28, 2003, 6:14 AM
Post #15 of 18 (2871 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

OK, I goofed. Forgot to take any pictures of the prospective Dirt Barbie wall, DOH!

BUt I still need candidate Dirt Barbies, so where are all you Dirt Barbie wannabes? Hmmm.... might have to maek a Tshirt for this....

How about, " Dirt Barbies ROCK!", with a sweaty dirty climber chick in a horizontal heel hook picture?

iamthewallress

Jun 30, 2003, 11:47 PM
Post #16 of 18 (2871 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
How about, " Dirt Barbies ROCK!", with a sweaty dirty climber chick in a horizontal heel hook picture?

I imagine Dirt Barbie reaching across her sporty chest with both arms sunk an ow/squeeze teeth gritted with her cheek smooshed against the rock for extra stability.

(I'm not that kind of Dirt Barbie, but I always think chicks look rugged on the wide stuff...)

moabbeth

Jul 3, 2003, 5:52 AM
Post #17 of 18 (2871 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Hey dirtineye, you print up a Dirt Barbie t-shirt and I'll proudly wear it! Love that term. Just send me a bill for what I owe ya.

dirtineye

Jul 4, 2003, 3:16 AM
Post #18 of 18 (2871 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

The dirt barbie Tshirt is closer to reality than you can imagine. I am part of a Tshirt committee for a climbing group, we have a female kickass artist who would LOVE to do the artwork, and the head of the committee runs a printing company LOL.

I think I will start another thread asking for what style of tshirt, what color(s) and what sizes you dirt barbies are looking for.

Forums : Community : The Ladies' Room

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook