Forums: Climbing Information: Regional Discussions:
Nut Tree Boulders/Poison Oak pruning
RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Regional Discussions

Premier Sponsor:

caughtinside

Jun 23, 2003, 10:08 PM
Post #1 of 2 (1967 views)
Shortcut

Nut Tree Boulders/Poison Oak pruning  (North_America: United_States: California: Sacramento_Area: Nut_Tree_Boulders)
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

Hey fellow Vacaville boulderers, I was up there today (6.23.03) and did a little high risk gardening, cutting back poison oak in the Light Pole Boulders area. The area I pruned was the corridor in between the two boulders just north of the small quarry area. Lots of fun, easy VB/V0 problems there.

I also bouldered in the bum's house area, in the Light Pole's some great problems in there too! Check 'em out!

roughster

Jun 24, 2003, 8:25 AM
Post #2 of 2 (1967 views)
Shortcut

Re: Nut Tree Boulders/Poison Oak pruning [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

Dave,

Sorry about being out of service lately, but once I knock out the Half Ironman this weekend, I will be back in business. The areas you mentioned do have great problems for sure, and yes the evil poison oak is always present. What I have found is if you do a good job, the plant will stay out of commision for about 2 years before growing back. Last time up to Light Pole, particularly the Animal X Boulder, what I had cleaned out 2 years prior was just starting to grow back.

Anyways, I'll start showing you around a bit more after next week and you'll see some of the great problems that most peeps don't even know about :)

Forums : Climbing Information : Regional Discussions

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook