Forums: Climbing Disciplines: Competition Climbing:
louisiana state university climbing club??
RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Competition Climbing

Premier Sponsor:

riemann

Jun 28, 2003, 8:01 PM
Post #1 of 4 (1650 views)
Shortcut

louisiana state university climbing club??
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

Are there any baton rouge area climbers interested in some sort of a climbing club? I'm very new to the sport, but hooked, and as personal funds are low, and I don't have a car, I'm basically screwed. Is there anyone else stuck in this climbing hell, who wants to do something about it? I was thinking about trying to push lsu rec sports to get a wall, and assembling a club sport for climbing, but I have no idea how to go about this. :( Does anybody have any advice? Is there anybody who wants to help? Anything anybody could offer would be absolutely wonderful. I appreciate your taking the time to read through all of this. Thanks lots.

Take care and take it easy,
Jake

loinclothman

Jun 28, 2003, 9:51 PM
Post #2 of 4 (1650 views)
Shortcut

Re: louisiana state university climbing club?? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Maybe mention that MSU has an indoor climbing wall and a club to go with it, and we're the "backwards" state.

justin334

Jun 28, 2003, 10:01 PM
Post #3 of 4 (1650 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I wish we had a wall and a club when I was in school there. I didn't start climbing until after I graduated but it would have been nice to have started earlier. I don't think it will be too easy to get the rec department to spend money but good luck. It would be nice to see a wall in baton rouge. Maybe solicit some generous alum to donate one. Don't ask me...I'm broke too. Also, if you can scrape together a little money you can build your own wall for a few hundred bucks. That's what I'm working on now at my house in Galveston. If all else fails you'll just have to make the drives to new orleans or lafayette. Drop me a line if you ever head down to Texas. There's plenty to climb in the Austin area. Good luck and Go Tigers.

riemann

Jun 29, 2003, 1:55 AM
Post #4 of 4 (1650 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

unfortunately, i'm stuck in an apartment for the next two years, which doesn't offer too much room to put up a wall. and as for the club, i don't even know who i should be talking to. i figured the first thing to do was try to drum up support from climbers, and this was my first outreach idea. what else should i try? i mean, i don't want to go to the university brass and sound like i'm just trying to satisfy myself. i know that there are others, (there just HAVE to be) and if i could get some people together then that would be a good place to start. i've got two years left on my undergrad and i'm already sick of climbing buildings and bridges.

Forums : Climbing Disciplines : Competition Climbing

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook