Forums: Climbing Information: Regional Discussions:
Peeler Approach?
RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Regional Discussions

Premier Sponsor:

lix

Jul 1, 2003, 6:46 PM
Post #1 of 4 (1693 views)
Shortcut

Peeler Approach?  (North_America: United_States: Utah: Salt_Lake_-_Utah_Counties: Little_Cottonwood_Canyon)
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

Just got back in town after being gone for a year. When I've gone past the usual Peeler approach road, the one across from the "crack house" that was always gated but never posted as "No trespassing, is now, well, posted as such. Was wondering if folks have been ignoring these signs, abandoning the peeler altogether (I doubt), or is there a new trail down canyon that accesses the road higher up or goes straight to the wall. I thought I heard somewhere along the way that there have been some access issues coming to the surface in LCC, and didn't want to be some beater who goes out and makes it worse. Thanks in advance.

bshaftoe

Jul 7, 2003, 3:08 AM
Post #2 of 4 (1693 views)
Shortcut

Re: Peeler Approach? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Some info here:

http://www.utahclimbers.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=99

stroker

Jul 14, 2003, 7:15 PM
Post #3 of 4 (1693 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

They have been putting in a ton of work hours on that road, making it unfortunately obvious for climbers to stay away I found a faint trail, starting from behind the giant roadside boulder, that is comically held up with a stick. The trail starts off wide and clear (boulderers), then becomes faint and itchy. I've traveled this three times, attempting to clear it up. I would suggest that this should be the way we get to the Peeler, rather than that wonderfull road approach. DAMN CLOSURES!!!
-tda

rockprodigy

Jul 14, 2003, 8:48 PM
Post #4 of 4 (1693 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

The few times I've been up there recently, I've just ignored the signs. If you're going after work I don't think anyone would catch you, just be discreet. As for trails...there are no trails being built and won't be any time soon. The access issue isn't conducive to that. Just keep a low profile.

Forums : Climbing Information : Regional Discussions

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook