RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Slacklining

Premier Sponsor:

justuspr

Jul 11, 2003, 4:20 PM
Post #1 of 3 (1065 views)
Shortcut

Technique...
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

Ok, I've had 5 sessions now of between 30 minutes and a hour, I have fairly good balance and can stand on the line for quite a while. Until last night I've only been able to get one or two steps, then the wobble gets so bad I can't get my stepping foot back on the line. Last night however, I discovered that if I would keep my weight back on the stationary foot until my stepping foot was touching the line again it wouldn't wobble as much and I was able to make seven or eight steps fairly easily. I'm pretty sure with this new technique I'll be making alot more progress.

So my questions are:

1: Does anyone else walk the line the same way (keeping your weight on your back foot till the front is on the line then shifting your weight forward), or is this just what works for me?

2: Has anyone else been able to identify specific techniques that help them walk the line? If so please share them.

flyinghatchet

Jul 11, 2003, 5:03 PM
Post #2 of 3 (1065 views)
Shortcut

Re: Technique... [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

The only thing I really do is focus on one thing towards the end of the line, like the tree it's tied to. I have no idea if anybody or everybody does this, but it works fine for me.

givemeshorebreak

Jul 22, 2003, 6:25 PM
Post #3 of 3 (1065 views)
Shortcut

Re: Technique... [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

I'm pretty sure I do the exact same thing. I haven't really concentrated specifically on where I want to put my weight, I just got on and with a lot of practice started walking. Thinking about my exact style though, I do step on and keep my weight on the foot that is on the line. I step forward lightly with my free foot kind of pointed like a ballerina (man that sounds feminine, but its what works), once that free foot is stuck on the line I transfer my weight forward onto it quickly so as to minimize the inherent wobble. So you are not alone my friend!
When I walk it doesn't seem to work for me to concentrate straight ahead, I stare instead at the line with my peripheral vision blurring the ground underneath me. I stare at my feet as they move forward and when I am good and balanced look at my objective, be it tree, pole, car, whatever. Thats what has worked so far, but in everything change is neccessary sometimes. We'll see.
good luck buddy and just have fun with it.

Forums : Climbing Disciplines : Slacklining

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook