RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Slacklining

Premier Sponsor:

corpse

Jun 30, 2003, 10:21 PM
Post #1 of 5 (1975 views)
Shortcut

setup help - how to do Point B
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

I have a heavy duty shed on a concrete base, with big 4x4 posts for hte corners in my backyard, which seems to be pretty solid to put a big ol eye hook thingie in there for one side of the slack line.. But now, I'm lacking the other side. My picnic table it a bit too wobbley.

So, what do I do now??

about 20 feet away is the house, which has a bit of the concrete foundation visible.. I could drill a hole into that for an anchoring point, but being it's low I can't use that as THE point - just as a place to help secure..

Code
   **.      | 
* * . |
* * . |
* * .|

ok, my crappy drawing is my only idea on the second anchoring point.. do a little 2x4 frame (indicated by the *), and then use some webbing (the periods) to secure to the bottom of the foundation (the pipe/vertical bars is the wall of the house).

Does anyone have a better way, or is this it?

corpse

Jul 1, 2003, 2:58 AM
Post #2 of 5 (1975 views)
Shortcut

Re: setup help - how to do Point B [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

I think my idea will work out ok.. I just came across some slackline setup similiar, so cool..

here's the link http://www.slackline.com/howto/Howto.pdf

corpse

Jul 11, 2003, 10:44 PM
Post #3 of 5 (1975 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

well, I'm back to the drawing board.. I can't use the foundation to anchor anything - the landlord doesn't like that idea :-( (I shoulda never told him, and hid the anchor bolts under the lip of the grass!!)

So, back to anchoring point B - is there a solid way to do this using a wooden frame and the ground? I would use the car, but I can't bring that in the backyard. oh well, I guess no way to get the line seup in the back yard...

justuspr

Jul 12, 2003, 5:10 AM
Post #4 of 5 (1975 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Look at the second page of the "Got pics of YOU "walking the line" ???" thread... rrradam has a pic of him on the line with a set up that might work for you... looks like a pallet with a bunch of sand bags for weight. Would be fairly expensive I would think, but it might work

trad_man

Jul 18, 2003, 2:43 AM
Post #5 of 5 (1975 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

here this is what you could do (if you can do it that is) but i didnt havea any trees or anything so i made this setup,pretty nice. a 6 foot long 4x4,2 feet in the ground with a 12x12 inch hole filled with concrete. works great for me no problemshttp://www.rockclimbing.com/...p.cgi?Detailed=15699 if you need any more help just give me a pm :D

Forums : Climbing Disciplines : Slacklining

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook