Forums: Climbing Information: Access Issues & Closures:
Mtn Biking Accident at Birdsboro 8.3.03
RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Access Issues & Closures

Premier Sponsor:

rwaltermyer

Aug 5, 2003, 3:27 PM
Post #1 of 2 (1603 views)
Shortcut

Mtn Biking Accident at Birdsboro 8.3.03  (North_America: United_States: Pennsylvania: Southeastern_Region: Birdsboro)
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

FROM NBC10.COM

In reply to:
Bicyclist Survives 40-Foot Fall From Cliff
Woman Lost Balance At Quarry

POSTED: 10:38 a.m. EDT August 4, 2003

A woman riding a bicycle lost her balance and tumbled over a cliff, falling about 40 feet, authorities said.

Mandy Lechner, 21, fell Sunday afternoon from a cliff at Trap Rock Quarry in Robeson Township near Birdsboro, Pa.

She was airlifted to Lehigh Valley Hospital near Allentown, where she was listed in satisfactory condition with head injuries later Sunday.

Lechner, who police said was not believed to be wearing a helmet, was conscious when rescuers arrived.

I hope this doesn't jeopardize access! :evil: :!: :twisted:

Partner xcel360

Aug 5, 2003, 3:36 PM
Post #2 of 2 (1603 views)
Shortcut

Re: Mtn Biking Accident at Birdsboro 8.3.03 [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

Yeah I was there when it happened. I couldn't believe it but they flew in a helicopter and everything. They landed it in the middle of the shooting ranged below the "bigwall" with all the tough routes. Poor girl just went flying off the trail (by the "slab area") and over the lower cliffband, smacking every rock and tree on the way down. Hopefully she is all right. Does anyone else know of an update on her current condition?

<=glen=>

Also, kudos to all the response teams with an *extremely* fast response time. Good work guys.

Forums : Climbing Information : Access Issues & Closures

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook