Forums: Community: The Ladies' Room:
Any younger (teenage) female climbers in here?
RSS FeedRSS Feeds for The Ladies' Room

Premier Sponsor:

First page Previous page 1 2 3 Next page Last page  View All

fin

Aug 6, 2003, 1:55 AM
Post #1 of 72 (30187 views)
Shortcut

Any younger (teenage) female climbers in here?
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

Hey hey.. I was wondering if there was any young chick climbers in here? Not that I don't like reading you guys' post or anything, cause you all are quite funny and are so open minded, it rocks. I'm a 16 year old, even though my parents are still together, I've been raised by my dad.. my mom was never into the outdoors and my dad loves the outdoors,.. we camp,climb,kayak,all that extreme stuff, anything outdoors. Well, for the last year or so I've been in the gym climbing around, I met this really cool 17 yr old chick.. seemed cool at 1st.. I don't know.. I guess she didn't want me stealing her guy friends away.. not sure. or she just didn't like new climbers. Well, I'm just rambling.. I was just wondering if there were any young chick climbers around that I could talk to. BUT i wanna talk to any chick climber, lol.. ok.. well i just made myself sound really retarded, hopefully u will understand.

fin

Aug 6, 2003, 2:02 AM
Post #2 of 72 (30187 views)
Shortcut

Re: Hey [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

basically what i was trying to say is, i need a chick friend to help me.. nothing wrong with my guy friends, they rock ..

calliope

Aug 6, 2003, 3:40 AM
Post #3 of 72 (30187 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

:wink: It doesn't hurt to get a different perspective every now and then. I'd like to say dealing with the opposite gender gets easier as you get older, but I'm still waiting for that to happen myself. In the meantime, pull up a chair, get comfy, and maybe we'll all learn something.

Angela (who is not a 16 y/o climber chick)

maculated

Aug 6, 2003, 4:03 PM
Post #4 of 72 (30187 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I . . . just . . . suddenly . . . realized . . . I'm not a young chick anymore. How'd that happen? What the heck? I remember when I was one of those 'maturer than their years' kids that hung out with adults, but looked for someone of the same mentality and age . . .

And now I'm eight years older than you . . . ACK!!!!!!!

sroehlk

Aug 6, 2003, 4:37 PM
Post #5 of 72 (30187 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

There are a couple girls your age who climb at the gym I go to. They are a lot of fun, but I feel so old when I talk to them! I'm having a quarter-life crisis :shock:

turockgirl

Aug 6, 2003, 8:35 PM
Post #6 of 72 (30187 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I'm 19...is that close/ young enough? :lol:

fyreflii

Aug 6, 2003, 9:19 PM
Post #7 of 72 (30187 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I still qualify as a young chick (I'm 18), though still working on the climber part. Only been at it a few weeks : )

jumpingrock

Aug 6, 2003, 9:54 PM
Post #8 of 72 (30187 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Waa hoo!! Younger suitable climbing chicks... errr I mean I was never here... :oops:

finster

Aug 6, 2003, 10:43 PM
Post #9 of 72 (30187 views)
Shortcut

Re: Any younger (teenage) female climbers in here? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

hey it's fin here.. for some reason it wouldn't let me post anymore.. I don't know why..so i just made a new s/n. but cool... any of u have msn or aim? i feel really young... well thanks for posting a reply. that rocks. glad to know i'm not the only teen here.
haha nice, we have a guy in here too.

oceannas

Aug 7, 2003, 12:57 AM
Post #10 of 72 (30187 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

:D Yes im a young climber too! Im 17.....!!! I am climbing with older people and I don't see any difference, I like it. I even think that older you are, more relax and in control of your climbing energy you work.

finster

Aug 7, 2003, 2:35 AM
Post #11 of 72 (30187 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

oh yeah i agree.. older people seem to just kick back and enjoy it more than teens. but.. my dad and his pals (basically my fam) always talk about how they did this & that when they were younger.. and i'm like... all my friends don't like climbing and since i spend huge amount of my time climbing.... it's just like am i going to have those good ol'times w/ kids my age? hmmm i just like to enjoy what i have, take it all in, sometime or another i'll meet up with kids my age that enjoy what i do.

xcaliclimber

Aug 7, 2003, 3:51 PM
Post #12 of 72 (30187 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Hey...compared to all of you people i'm either a baby or a VERY young climber chick. 13

lazygirl

Aug 7, 2003, 8:56 PM
Post #13 of 72 (30187 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I'll be 17 in a couple of weeks, don't have any climbing partners near my age or any who are girls. All my best friends and climbing partners are in their mid twenties or older and I really don't care. I hate hanging out with teens and find that I have very little in common with any of them. They spend their weekends going to the mall, seeing a movies and going to lame parties while I'm off climbing 7 pitches of trad in Red Rocks. I don't think I'm missing anything.

I rarely feel younger then my friends, I'm a climber and I fit right in with them. Most of the time I have to remind them of my age because they tend to forget.

Once upon a time I had some younger, teen climbing partners, both male and female, but it was always a pain. They would be obnoxious at the crags and would freak out on really shot hikes or when I got on lead. It was too much work to climb with them so I ditched them.

rockfool

Aug 8, 2003, 2:15 AM
Post #14 of 72 (30187 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Its nice to see younger people climbing, Ive meet some really cool teens. stick with the climbing :D

Heather

oceannas

Aug 8, 2003, 2:19 AM
Post #15 of 72 (30187 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Wow, im really happy to see that im not the only one! Most of people think im strange because im not hanging out with them in bar and in party. They don't understand how I can put 100$ for only one friend (basically a stupid piece of metal for them). Anyway they seems so young for me. Maybe because they never experienced life for real before. Isn't pure life to be 4000feet of the ground only with yourself and your harness. Climbers are my friend, we are a community and I think that it's the same in every country were there's climbing. Im climbing with my boyfriend and the relationship we have because of it is incredible. He know me for real because when your outdoor, you just can't wear a mask on your personnality. That what a think.....

kcrag

Aug 8, 2003, 4:48 AM
Post #16 of 72 (30187 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

fin (finster)...

i think it's great that you've found something to hook on to (other than 'going to the mall and/or partying') in your teens. i started climbing at age 30, but wished that i would have discovered it at an earlier age (it certainly would've kept me out of 'trouble'!).

if you enjoy climbing, i'd suggest finding partners any way that you can. can you post a message at your local climbing gym, or post a message in the partners section here at rc.com? perhaps you can join a climbing or bouldering team in your area. i think it's so cool that you discovered climbing in your teens... best of luck with it. cheers to great adventures ahead.

-kelly.

novus-ordotw
Deleted

Aug 8, 2003, 6:43 AM
Post #17 of 72 (30187 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

i'm 14 :D

finster

Aug 8, 2003, 4:14 PM
Post #18 of 72 (30187 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I'm not the youngest one.. whoo.. but i feel for those who are younger than me.

Oh i have partners... but they are all over 20 which sometimes is great. My dad is my main guy.. me and him always go out together. I just wish more teens could experience the stuff I do... I wish they could see past the mall/boys/& looks. Well! That's awsome if any of want to chit chat sometime it's cool, just im me! CHEERS

jengurl

Aug 13, 2003, 6:27 AM
Post #19 of 72 (30187 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Im 15 (or will b in less than a month)

I don't know why more teens don't climb-its fun. A lot of my classmates are too worried about getting dirty to do anything outside, especially after see pictures of me after a long trip :shock: I dont understand the mall/boys/looks thing, or at least why their live revolve around that kinda stuff. w/e. sorry to ramble on like this

i_liedmyfaceoff

Aug 25, 2003, 8:03 PM
Post #20 of 72 (30187 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

yeah i'm 15. i love climbing, but lately i've not had as much opportunity to climb. i can go with my 13yr old brother sometimes, but half the time he's more happy watching tv then to actually do something. and one of my friends did get into climbing with me, but for various reasons, we havent been real friendly to each other lately. that and there isnt too many places to climb in chicago suburbia.

plackiee

Sep 10, 2003, 8:10 PM
Post #21 of 72 (30187 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

hey :) think i qualify too, im a 16yo climber chick too, so ur not the only one!! hehe. i climb w/ all guys and tis great. there's some guys the same age as me at the indoor place i climb, but mainly older people outdoors. am gonna drag my mates outside soon tho i think :)
ye my msn is the same somewhere on my profile i think :S
glad to see there's so many of us here...

-plax

rckclimbergurl

Sep 15, 2003, 9:42 PM
Post #22 of 72 (30187 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
Im 15 (or will b in less than a month)

I don't know why more teens don't climb-its fun. A lot of my classmates are too worried about getting dirty to do anything outside, especially after see pictures of me after a long trip :shock: I dont understand the mall/boys/looks thing, or at least why their live revolve around that kinda stuff. w/e. sorry to ramble on like this

I know exactly what you mean!! Some of my friends play soccer, and they think that's extreme! "Darn, I got a bit of mud on my leg, I have dirt on my arm.." etc. Grrrr!! It annoys me so much! I'm glad I'm not the only non-typical teen girl out there..all you gals rock!

:D

BTW, I'm 16 8)

dontfall

Sep 17, 2003, 1:26 AM
Post #23 of 72 (30187 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I was bored and decided to stop on in the ladies room and make my first post in the ladies room. Just wanted to say i'm not all that old either, 18. Don't worry, you'll be fine.

Chris

ladsquared

Sep 17, 2003, 3:12 PM
Post #24 of 72 (30187 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

hey fin,
have you ever considered doing any uscca comps? some of my younger climbing partners (im 20 going on 21) compete and have met other young climbers around the country and around the chicagoland area. im too old to compete in the junior divisions, but im going to try my hand at some abs bouldering comps.

competing could definitely improve your climbing and you get to meet so many people along the way.

the site is www.uscca.org or try www.rockcomps.com for abs stuff.

i hope i helped, sorta kinda

allilovesrocks

Sep 20, 2003, 3:53 AM
Post #25 of 72 (30187 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

i'm 16...

First page Previous page 1 2 3 Next page Last page  View All

Forums : Community : The Ladies' Room

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook