RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Sport Climbing

Premier Sponsor:

brilanders

Aug 18, 2003, 3:49 AM
Post #1 of 2 (1360 views)
Shortcut

Sinks Canyon State Park
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

SINKS CANYON ROCKS!

For real... just outside Lander, Wyoming, these limestone walls are unique with their grippy, pocket holds and an amazing view of the Popo Agie river. Gateway to the Wind Rivers, so you can hit this one on the way into the woods... 8)

I've taken 11 year olds climbing here, but there are also plenty of intense routes, 5.13 and up I believe! The Wild Iris Int'l Climbers Festival does some climbing over here but most of the time it's not crowded. :)

Only caution is EXTREME heat and sunlight in the summer... best in morning and evening. :lol:

moeman

Aug 18, 2003, 4:06 AM
Post #2 of 2 (1360 views)
Shortcut

Re: Sinks Canyon State Park [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

Sinks is awesome. Went there in june. Did some multipitching on the big sandstone escarpment near the moutb of the canyon, Theres some sick bouldering on a little clifband (15 feet tall, 100 yards long) at the top of the hill just left of the sandstone escarp,emt. Oh yeah, theres a little limestone sport climbing too :lol:

I didn't have much "Only caution is EXTREME heat and sunlight"- it was COLD and rainy- we got to spend a half hour huddled under the trees during a hailstorm.

Oh- and its right next to Lander (the coolest small town on earth). Go to Wild Iris Sports (awesome gear shop). If you want to cool off, take a swim, soak in the hottub, or take a shower, go to the Lander Public pool (and its only 2 bucks :D ).

Oh- and remeber- the lander City Park is a great place to camp- just go in a pich a tent. Its totally legal, safe, and free. Its a great place to pitch a tent when you show up in lander late at night and are exhausted- just camp wherever on the big grassy lawn. Its a great camping site and its really conviennient- its easy drive to wild iris or sinks, and main street is only a few blocks away. And did i say its free?

Forums : Climbing Disciplines : Sport Climbing

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook